PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ahmad Brooks - Could he be the LB plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
GoWesleyan said:
He's dumb as a rock? There are lots of different kinds of dumb, you mean he's football-dumb? If there are real questions there, then he's only worth a 4th to us but more to someone else... especially if he's projected to ILB.

What makes you say he's dumb, Rook?

I've been reading around and haven't seen that listed as a negative. I have, on the other hand, heard many Ray Lewis comparisons and that he would have been a top 10 pick at the beginning of last season.

http://blogs.foxsports.com/RaiderJon/2006/05/03/What_about_Ahmad_Brooks

People say he just flings his body around the field http://www.fftoolbox.com/nfl_draft/profile_display.cfm?Prospect_ID=498

Video of awesome sack that shows this: http://www.ejbdotcom.net/content/2804.html

He's been compared to Ray Lewis? Is that on or off the field?

it was only marijuana :rolleyes:

i think he can put it behind him..a lot of players have put alcohol/drugs behind them..yet many others havent. If he BB has talked to him and feels confident o spending a 2nd..im all for it

Marijuana use amongst high-profile athletes is, in all actuality, a majority rather than an exception, despite popular belief. People like Ricky Williams are vilified and persecuted when their transgressions are publicized to their detriment. The question of this athlete's character is better diagnosed via insight into inter-personal relations than anything else. If there are factors which led to his dismissal that are grander than those thus far deemed to be admissable to a reasonable, and knowledgeable, judge, then the possiblity of recruiting said athlete should be considered. Contrarily, if Al Groh is a fathead who butted heads with the man and used his power to teach him a lesson whose value may be debatable, the factors involved will be sorted through by persons with a far broader perception of the intracacies of high-profile athlete dynamics.

Bottom line: Brooks is a bona-fide talent. Concerns about his knee and off-field. Bid for a 3rd round a be happy to have him. Pro athletes are rarely people you'd like your daughter to bring home. If it was pot, the hell with it. If it was worse, forget him, he's a dime a dozen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flying Fungi said:
I would say...that anyone with such an incredible gift as his athleticism...who is so cavalier as to risk an incredible future for a buzz...is indeed as dumb as a rock...

See: Marinovich, Todd

A reference to his UVirginia past? I bet he goes to someone like Denver in the second (unsubstantiated, but I think that they would be more willing than some others to gamble risk/ reward).

he may not even be available when were up with our second
i would personally take him if hes there with the second, i think hes worth it, he could potentially be the best ilb in football

if hes there with the third, we HAVE to take him, and i think they might

honestly they prob wont take him, but id love to see him in a pats uni

But we didn't have to give up a 1st day pick for Warfield did we... in fact if I recall we gave up no picks whatsoever.

Brooks is a pothead. Rickey Wiliams says hello. I am downgrading him to a 4th round pick at best the more I learn about Brooks. Any team that takes him is taking a serious gamble.

mavfan2390 said:
thats half the people in the NFL, including players on our roster past and present, remember law runnning from the cops? warfield and his fifty dui's, etc.

brooks is worth a second, easily.

Let's save a bunch of ink right now. No Brooks.

zarakotas5 said:
...used his power to teach him a lesson whose value may be debatable, the factors involved will be sorted through by persons with a far broader perception of the intracacies of high-profile athlete dynamics.
buh-dare, buh-dare, buh-dare, buh-dare

That's all, folks!

(cue Looney Tunes theme music)

It's really hard to imagine Brooks being on the Pats draft board, given all his issues. If Groh couldn't happen the kid, how are the Pats going to do it when Brooks will have even ore free time on his hands. Peer pressure from fellow team mates only works if the pressuree believes in the team.
Like Groh said in the press conference, wearing the jersey is a priviledge, not a right.
Justice from USC was considered the second best OL available, but you saw where he went. That was because of character concerns.
Unless I have a king size hole in my roster at ILB, there is no way I'd spend a first day pick on Brooks.
PS: I'd need to buy four plane tickets to get him up to New England. One ticket for the player and three tickets for all his baggage. Hard to see BB doing that. Character matters for the Kraft family.

VJCPatriot said:
But we didn't have to give up a 1st day pick for Warfield did we... in fact if I recall we gave up no picks whatsoever.

Brooks is a pothead. Rickey Wiliams says hello. I am downgrading him to a 4th round pick at best the more I learn about Brooks. Any team that takes him is taking a serious gamble.

hahaha! oh please, there's a REASON why they NFL only test for marijuana once a year (before training camp). If they did tests throughout the year, we wouldn't have an nfl season. The difference between ricky williams and the rest of the NFL is that Ricky Williams is a ******ED pot head. All he had to do is give up his MJ for 4 - 6 weeks before the test and he would be playing this season.

Phokus said:
hahaha! oh please, there's a REASON why they NFL only test for marijuana once a year (before training camp). If they did tests throughout the year, we wouldn't have an nfl season. The difference between ricky williams and the rest of the NFL is that Ricky Williams is a ******ED pot head. All he had to do is give up his MJ for 4 - 6 weeks before the test and he would be playing this season.

Could you please document this with sound evidence?

Phokus said:
******ed Pot-Head?Kind of repetitive there kinda like saying wet water.

DarthPatriot said:
******ed Pot-Head?Kind of repetitive there kinda like saying wet water.

Some of the most brilliant people i have ever met are occasional pot users.

Digger44 said:
Could you please document this with sound evidence?

Evidence of what? It's a known fact that they only test MJ once a year, right before training camp (unless you've tested positive before).

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST