PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Agent: Law to leave Jets after one season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am reading this AM where he has been released and has been in contact with Miami. Ty will play this out well and in the end will wind up with a nice contract somewhere, personally would love to see him on our team next year.

id love to get Ty Law back

In this morning's Herald, he says he considers Miami a qb (Steve McNair) away from being a championship team. He goes on to say that is what is most important to him, winning another title. Typical Ty Law, whom I'd love to have back in our secondary. But Ty, if winning a championship is the most important thing above all else (money), and if you were looking for a team which is a player away from the title, isn't it logical that another team with an ace qb and in need of secondary help be more likely to win a title if you joined them?

exactly

Ty isn't noted for his staggering brain power

scout said:
In this morning's Herald, he says he considers Miami a qb (Steve McNair) away from being a championship team. He goes on to say that is what is most important to him, winning another title. Typical Ty Law, whom I'd love to have back in our secondary. But Ty, if winning a championship is the most important thing above all else (money), and if you were looking for a team which is a player away from the title, isn't it logical that another team with an ace qb and in need of secondary help be more likely to win a title if you joined them?

would it be fair to say were a player away form another championship that player being Ty Law?

Brady#12 said:
would it be fair to say were a player away form another championship that player being Ty Law?

As I recall we won a championship without him.

We won't give him the $ that he wants, so I'd love to see him go to an NFC team.

PATSNUTme said:

We won't give him the $ that he wants, so I'd love to see him go to an NFC team.

how about the Giants ;) :rolleyes:

i could see him going to the 49ers maybe if they give him the $$$

Law seems to be saying the Miami is a QB away from competing for the championship. He hopes that they can come up the money need to meet his financial requirements. I don't see anything unreasonable in each statement.

scout said:

wilbon on PTI predicted law's going to the pats

PatsWorldChamps said:

id take him for a decent amount id like to let Ellis Hobbs sit and learn for a year or two.

PatsWorldChamps said:

Did he predict how much we were going to sign him for? He wants
$10 mil bonus.

PATSNUTme said:
Did he predict how much we were going to sign him for? He wants
$10 mil bonus.

now way thats to much even for Ty Law :eek: id go with a young guy maybe W.Allen from the Giants and then let him and E.Hobbs battle it out for the right to play beside A.Samuel :cool:

If Law gets Miami to front the money for him that he thinks he deserves;............

there wont be enough left in the bank for them to get that one QB they are away from the SB.

Gumby said:
If Law gets Miami to front the money for him that he thinks he deserves;............

there wont be enough left in the bank for them to get that one QB they are away from the SB.

i go with a QB instead of Law

Brady#12 said:
now way thats to much even for Ty Law :eek: id go with a young guy maybe W.Allen from the Giants and then let him and E.Hobbs battle it out for the right to play beside A.Samuel :cool:

You think that Samuel gets the start over Hobbs? No chance.

PATSNUTme said:

Agreed. I wish he could have stayed, but he wasn't worth his price to NE anymore and he hasn't got any younger in the last year. I will always appreciate his great work here in NE, but good luck to him in his endeavors. I just wish he'd move out of the AFCE at least.

In a completely decimated secondary last year. Samuel was the guy that Offensive coordinators picked on the most. I think Hobbs really came on last year and showed potential to be a number 1 CB. Samuel looked lost out there last year

jimmyjames said:
In a completely decimated secondary last year. Samuel was the guy that Offensive coordinators picked on the most. I think Hobbs really came on last year and showed potential to be a number 1 CB. Samuel looked lost out there last year

oh right but i think if we get Rodney back Hobbs and Samuel would be a very good CB tandem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back