PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After 5 weeks: what's our impression of the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
My impression?

Much better than I thought they would be, mainly because:

Sanchez is playing like a solid (not great, but solid) NFL QB who knows his limitations, so far,...

LT has come out with new life (but he's now getting 20 touches a game, so I think he'll be different in December and January)...

and because, so far, all of the big egos in the locker room have managed to keep their mouths shut...so far.

It's a long season, but they sure look like they're going to be around in January.

the team is talented, and worse part is the hardest part of the schedule is mostly over.. Pitt GB, maybee chicago, are loseable games, beside us and the fish... LT resurgance has been huge for them and Sanchez has not lost any games for them, nor has he won any, well except for us.. we shall see.. but i thought the jets were the better team, but i like our offense more and more , and the D will grow up by dec 6th

the team is talented, and worse part is the hardest part of the schedule is mostly over.. Pitt GB, maybee chicago, are loseable games, beside us and the fish... LT resurgance has been huge for them and Sanchez has not lost any games for them, nor has he won any, well except for us.. we shall see.. but i thought the jets were the better team, but i like our offense more and more , and the D will grow up by dec 6th

I don't know if the hardest part of the schedule is over. Other than the division games, the only good team they have faced is the Ravens and lost. People need to stop assuming that since the Vikes went to the NFC Championship game last year that they are a good team. They are 1-3 and their only win is against the Lions who only have one win against the 1-4 Rams. Right now I would say Denver and Cincinnatti are tougher games than the Vikes. That said, those two teams aren't great either.

I say the hardest part of their schedule starts November 21st when they play Houston (3-2), home against Cincy (2-3), go to NE (3-1) , home against the Dolphins (2-2), at Pittsburgh (3-1), and at Chicago (4-1) in succession.

Last edited:
I say the hardest part of their schedule starts November 21st when they play Houston (3-2), home against Cincy (2-3), go to NE (3-1) , home against the Dolphins (2-2), at Pittsburgh (3-1), and at Chicago (4-1) in succession.

I say they lose all 6. :D

You can say what you want. The Jets r a good @ the moment. Still & all Sanchez will ultimately be their downfall. Can u honestly say u trust him in January? All of the teams with your so called elite defenses have sorry Qb's IMO. The only team with an elite defense with a QB that scares anyone is the Steelers.

Can the jets trust him in January? uh yes. He played great during the playoffs, and ironically the defense, not sanchez lost the jets the afc championship game after the defense carried them all year. Sanchez has tremendous poise for a young QB.

I don't know if the hardest part of the schedule is over. Other than the division games, the only good team they have faced is the Ravens and lost. People need to stop assuming that since the Vikes went to the NFC Championship game last year that they are a good team. They are 1-3 and their only win is against the Lions who only have one win against the 1-4 Rams. Right now I would say Denver and Cincinnatti are tougher games than the Vikes. That said, those two teams aren't great either.

Houston is a paper tiger, the jets violated them at home last season pitching a defensive shutout in sanchez and ryan's first game. They are coming to new york, foster wont be able to run and their o line will not be able to protect schaub, and on top of that their secondary is 32nd in the league. Sanchez will look like a hall of famer.

Cincinnati is simply a complete embarrassment to the league, they will have two days of practice and need to travel TO new york for a thanksgiving game on that short rest. no way Cincinnati can pull off a win here, they lost to the bucs and browns in back to back weeks, what happens when they play real teams? i think the patriots showed them lol.

Jets beat the patriots earlier in the season and since that time the jets have gotten better roster wise while the patriots have gotten worse. I wouldn't bet on the jets to sweep, but the jets are a better team than the team that beat the patriots in week 2 and the patriots are a worse team than the team that lost to the jets in week 2.

dolphins had the opportune time to beat the jets at their weakest with revis, holmes, and pace out and couldn't do it. no way henne leads them to victory in december at the meadowlands, if henne is even starting at that point.

i see the jets losing at pittsburgh but I dont see pittsburgh scoring that much. 17-9 type of game in a pittsburgh win.

the bears are another paper tiger, they should have lost to the lions if not for a ridiculous rule, they beat the overrated cowboys, and barely get a win against the packers when the packers racked up 18 penalties, then beat the lowly panthers. cutler will get concussed again, that o line cannot protect him; setting up the run game is the only way to mitigate the pressure and the bears will not be able to run on the jets. expect a cutler disaster game.

Can the jets trust him in January? uh yes. He played great during the playoffs, and ironically the defense, not sanchez lost the jets the afc championship game after the defense carried them all year. Sanchez has tremendous poise for a young QB.

Actually, his playoff performance was a bit overrated. He was great vs. Cincy. He was mediocre vs. the Chargers. Against the Colts, he started off very strong and fell apart down the stretch. Yes, the defense put the Jets in a hole, but Sanchez failed to take over the offense and get the Jets back in the game including a critical INT that basically made a comeback impossible.

Not to make this too simplistic, but I guess I will. The fact is that this Jets team is very good. They'll lose their share of games, but they're a very tough out. The Pats are going to have their hands full with them all season long.

Actually, his playoff performance was a bit overrated. He was great vs. Cincy. He was mediocre vs. the Chargers. Against the Colts, he started off very strong and fell apart down the stretch. Yes, the defense put the Jets in a hole, but Sanchez failed to take over the offense and get the Jets back in the game including a critical INT that basically made a comeback impossible.

he fell apart when Greene went down.

He didnt have a great game against the chargers, but he made plays when they counted. Throwing the go ahead touchdown pass and making 3rd down conversions to keep the clock moving in the 4th quarter. He didn't fall apart down the stretch against the colts, he had one pick at the end of the game tipped off a receivers hands when the game was in garbage time. As soon as shonn greene got hurt the jets offense became stagnant and no kidding he couldnt take over the offense, he was still a rookie, but as far as rookie performances go he did a fine job. but thats not the point im trying to make here, some quarterbacks just dont have "it" when it comes to big games. Peyton manning is a prime example; he can dominate when he is in an advantageous position but when the game is on the line against a somewhat equal opponent he chokes and ruins the game, see superbowl 44. it doesnt matter how good he is, he just doesnt have "it" Sanchez is still young and developing but you can already tell he has "it." he shows no signs of choke artistry, and shows up in the big games he has played so far.

He didnt have a great game against the chargers, but he made plays when they counted. Throwing the go ahead touchdown pass and making 3rd down conversions to keep the clock moving in the 4th quarter. He didn't fall apart down the stretch against the colts, he had one pick at the end of the game tipped off a receivers hands when the game was in garbage time. As soon as shonn greene got hurt the jets offense became stagnant and no kidding he couldnt take over the offense, he was still a rookie, but as far as rookie performances go he did a fine job. but thats not the point im trying to make here, some quarterbacks just dont have "it" when it comes to big games. Peyton manning is a prime example; he can dominate when he is in an advantageous position but when the game is on the line against a somewhat equal opponent he chokes and ruins the game, see superbowl 44. it doesnt matter how good he is, he just doesnt have "it" Sanchez is still young and developing but you can already tell he has "it." he shows no signs of choke artistry, and shows up in the big games he has played so far.

*cough*..Kaeding missed three chip shot FG's..*cough*

I find it very curious why you "people" feel it necessary to join in this thread and debate Patriots fans over THEIR OPINIONS of your scumbag franchise. It's about Pats fans' perspectives, not yours.

And this thread was a great read until the trolls showed up and started arguing about everythig, some can't handle a complement. :rolleyes:

carry on.

And how many rookie QB's have ever done this?

*cough*..Kaeding missed three chip shot FG's..*cough*

36, 40, and 57 yards are 3 chip shots? Now I'd expect a good kicker to usually make 2 of those but I'm not sure any but the first were chip shots and Kaeding has made a career of missing those in the playoffs.

Last edited:
The implications made by you and others is that the Jets will implode, that Sanchez is a mirage, and that the Jets faded last year, all wrong, all asinine, and all desperate brands of spinning.

A priori, the Jets suck. That being said, the Jets have games coming up against solid pass rushing teams (not including the Pats). Houston, Chicago, Pittsburgh and Green Bay all have terrific pass rushers like the Ravens, so there's a lot still to learn about the Jets.

I am not impressed with 4 wins over the Dolphins, Bills, Pats and Vikings. The first two are sub-mediocrities and the last two entirely suspect for a range of reasons. Beating a 41-year-old QB with off-field distractions and the Pats with their lack of a legit running game and shaky, young defense are not quality wins just yet.

Had the Jets shown even a scintilla of offense against the Ravens' attacking D, I'd be sold on them as an elite team.

And this thread was a great read until the trolls showed up and started arguing about everythig, some can't handle a complement. :rolleyes:

carry on.

You've got a ways to go before achieving the status of complement ... or were you trying to say "compliment"?

I wonder how you can remain so optimistic about the Pats in one thread while you predict an 8-8 season in the other?

Do you change opinions every other day or flip a coin in the morning...heads positive,tails negative?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes