PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

After 5 weeks: what's our impression of the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're nitpicking

So the Pats and Brady have never struggled, eh? Brady has never made mistakes?

And it didn't cost them the game, because they are that good defensively to overcome mistakes when they happen, yet another mark of a good team.

Good posting.

I find it very curious why you "people" feel it necessary to join in this thread and debate Patriots fans over THEIR OPINIONS of your scumbag franchise. It's about Pats fans' perspectives, not yours.

Last edited:
Sounds like your hoping that December fade away isn't going to
haunt you once again. If you've been a Jets fan for a number of
years you know what I am talking about.

PATs D was not not good in week 2 and is just starting to come together.
If you've followed PATs at all you know Bill's Ds really start getting it
together in November.

Can you really deny that knowing Brady was going to target Moss
a lot of time did give Rex an advantage in game planning? We'll
see how Jets D does when Brady becomes less predicable like he
was when PAts won 3 superbowls.

Also if you've followed Moss over the last year or two you would know
that the one trick pony's trick just wasn't as good as it use to be.
In the days of old there is no way Cromartie or fins' Davis could have
stayed with Moss they way they did.

Bottom line Jets will have to prove they can make their run
last for 16 weeks.

What December fade affected the Jets last year?

Pats D is coming together, but the jets can't get better than they already are? Especially a team, that has played outstanding football and have gotten Revis, Holmes, and Pace back in the line-up in just the last week?

Moss is a first ballot HOF'er, who MADE that Patriot offense what it has been the last several years, why Brady has put up elite numbers, and why the passing game has been such a huge part of the Patriot offense.

So now that he's gone, the Pats will be better?

Homer much?

Pats D is coming together, but the jets can't get better than they already are? Especially a team, that has played outstanding football and have gotten Revis, Holmes, and Pace back in the line-up in just the last week?

Moss is a first ballot HOF'er, who MADE that Patriot offense what it has been the last several years, why Brady has put up elite numbers, and why the passing game has been such a huge part of the Patriot offense.

Homer much?

The 03 and 04 offenses were very effective with far less talent. That Patriot defense never showed up in those two Super bowls.

Homer much?

I don't know if you can count on Revis this year especially if Ryan keeps on rushing him back. Hamstrings are tricky especially with skills position guys. He may be out for a few weeks to a month if Ryan is smart and wants Revis back for the stretch and playoffs at anywhere near 100%.

The Jets could get much metter and be the best team in the league or they could slide down the pack. Same with the Pats. A lot is unknown at this point. Even in December last year no one would have believed the Jets would get to the AFC Championship game. This point last year people thought the Broncos were almost a shoe in for the playoffs.

As losing Moss, he is a loss but he won't hurt as much as some think since he has been being phased out of the offense anyway this season.

I admitted I was wrong several times in the post you replied to, but you are so obsessed with me that you just twisted everything.

Cromartie did hold Brandon Marshall to only 166 yards and one TD. Pretty pedestrian. Cromartie almost gave up the game tying TD (assuming the Dolphins would have converted a 2 point conversion after scoring) allowing Marshall make a ten yard pick up turn into a 30 yard play and he was lucky that (I think it was) Jim Leonard to catch him from behind. Pro Bowl performance by any standard.

So are you basically admitting that Cromartie's game is limited and that he can only cover vertical outside threats and gets crushed by route runners? If you are, I might agree with you since the evidence is there. He got crushed by anyone other than Moss and Lee Evans (who got free a few times but Fitzpatrick threw ducks to his way). Not every #1 WR is an outside deep runner like Moss. Most #1 guys in this league run over the middle and short crossing routes in their game. Moss used to too, but not this year especially with his limited playbook knowledge with the Vikes.

Cromartie has been everything you said he wouldn't be, period. You can spin it any way you want, you've been wrong with EVERYTHING you've said about him.

You sure don't read well for somebody who likes to write a whole lot of nothing. Marshall did his damage over the middle of the field, Miami's offense isn't vertical, to even suggest that Marshall put up his numbers against Cromartie is comical. What about the job he's done against Moss, TWICE???? Give me a break, just wipe the egg off of your face and be done with it, your bias against the Jets reeks.

Again, I said until last game I thought he cured his dropping problem until he dropped several balls Monday night. So are you denying the balls that hit him in the hands and dropped to the ground on Monday night were not drops?

He had one drop, if you want to call it that. He had to make a play to try to catch a ball in front of a defender, he was rock solid on Monday night, while playing often in a monsoon, you're nitpicking and once again showing your bias.

I said the guy far exceeded expectations. He isn't LT of his prime where he could run for 1500 yards and 15 TDs or so a season, but he is much better than anyone expected. Where did I say anything wrong there. Stop nitpicking.

I complimented Jason Taylor too. He is still better suited for a situational role, but has been solid but not spectacular (minus a few plays) in replacement of Pace. He had some outstand plays, he didn't breakdown much at all. Again, Stop nitpicking.

LT is playing at a level that he could probably gain 1,400 yds easily, but he won't have to because the Jets have Greene, who will only demand playing time due to his talent. No need to wear LT out. But that won't stop you from spinning that he can't do it, because so far, as I said before the season started, if healthy, he would be an upgrade over Thomas Jones, and he has been exactly that.

You are up by just over a TD inside of three minutes with the other team out of time outs. Of course you throw on second down who wouldn't. You could run the clock down to the two minute (with another warning with a run, but where is the fun with that. Both Jaws and Cruden blasted Ryan for it which is hard for them in their ballwashing fest that they put on every Monday night.

They blasted Ryan, so effing what, that automatically makes them right? I love that argument, the broadcasters said it, so it must be...

Sanchez had 5 seconds left on the clock, he should have run it down until the end, that would have ensured that play elapsed to the 2 minute warning, it was an error by Sanchez that was talked about and admitted as much the next day. So again, you're wrong.

He has had a couple of good games one against a horrible run defense where the BJGE did even better against them in tearms of YPC and TDs a week earlier.

Again, nitpicking and selective criticism to fit your spin. Greene has had more playing time of late, LT has been so effective, that he has deserved more playing time, enough with spinning your YPC argument with BJGE, he is your starter, if LT was on the Pats, BJGE doesn't see the field, who are you kidding?

He lost his starting job to Drew Coleman and even Rex Ryan said he was struggling. He came in with high expectations and haven't lived up to them. Not saying he is a bust or won't turn it around, but he has been a disapointment and a key target of opposing QBs. If you can't admit this, we know who is the biased one.

Wilson has been bouncing back and forth between the outside and inside, IMO, he's had a mental overload. Playing the nickel and the slot, there is a ton of stuff to learn and execute, he played the position all camp to ensure he had the role for when Revis returned. When Revis got hurt, they decided to put Wilson outside, where he had not practiced as much, if you step back and look at the body of work, the impact of Revis' holdout, and then his injury, and the fact he's been moved around a lot, he hasn't had an opportunity to settle down in a role. You decided to interepret all of this that he has failed miserably, and Coleman took his job, it's more than that, you just, as you usually do, put a spin on it with your Patriot colored glasses.

I called the Jets an elite team through 5 weeks. What else do you want?

The problem is not my opinion of the Jets, it is your hair up your arse for me. Overall, I gave the Jets compliments. You twisted into bashing. You are just a fraud.

You complimented them and then finished it off with the backhanded "it's early" nonsense, along with your spin and damper with every compliment dolled out.

And I'm just responding to you, because I recall our discussions earlier in the season, and you thumping your chest pretty hard about what you thought would happen, I think I deserve to serve a little crow, at least for now.

Last edited:
I don't know if you can count on Revis this year especially if Ryan keeps on rushing him back. Hamstrings are tricky especially with skills position guys. He may be out for a few weeks to a month if Ryan is smart and wants Revis back for the stretch and playoffs at anywhere near 100%.

The Jets could get much metter and be the best team in the league or they could slide down the pack. Same with the Pats. A lot is unknown at this point. Even in December last year no one would have believed the Jets would get to the AFC Championship game. This point last year people thought the Broncos were almost a shoe in for the playoffs.

He didn't rush him back, and he didn't re-injure himself on Monday. Hamstrings take time to heal, and then when they heal, it takes a player a little bit to be right again, to gain his stamina and strength. He's practicing this week, and still may play, they have a bye week next week, which couldn't come at a better time, he'll have two more weeks to work and strengthen, and will probably be closer to 100%.

As losing Moss, he is a loss but he won't hurt as much as some think since he has been being phased out of the offense anyway this season.

I've seen this spin used by some Pat fans here, he hasn't been phased out, that is pure hogwash. His presence alone forces a defense to account for him. Those passing lanes that Hernandez and Welker have been seeing, will get a lot smaller, especially without a real threat of a running game. Moss was that offense, the passing game set up the running game, the Pats will go through a major transition without him, and the presence he has on a field, and how he stretches defenses. Any Pat fan that thinks otherwise, is kidding themselves.

Obviously, I don't doubt Brady, but that is a huge transition for any team.

Last edited:
You complimented them and then finished it off with the backhanded "it's early" nonsense, along with your spin and damper with every compliment dolled out.

And I'm just responding to you, because I recall our discussions earlier in the season, and you thumping your chest pretty hard about what you thought would happen, I think I deserve to serve a little crow, at least for now.

The two parts in bold made me laugh. Thanks.

The two parts in bold made me laugh. Thanks.

Taken out of context, but ok, whatever floats your boat.

I'm just acknowledging that the Jets haven't won anything yet, and it's a long season.

Half the Pat fans here assume they'll implode, the December fade, comparing the team to the 03/04 team, not sure why such a comparison is made with the Jets current regime.

Cromartie has been everything you said he wouldn't be, period. You can spin it any way you want, you've been with EVERYTHING you've said about him.

You sure don't read well for somebody who likes to write a whole lot of nothing. Marshall did his damage over the middle of the field, Miami's offense isn't vertical, to even suggest that Marshall put up his numbers against Cromartie is comical. What about the job he's done against Moss, TWICE???? Give me a break, just wipe the egg off of your face and be done with it, your bias against the Jets reeks.

So the Jets play man to man defense against every team except teams that go over the middle of the field? Get real! So a week ago you were pointing to NFL film video showing how get Cromartie was eventhough the first play on the film was Cromartie getting burnt for 30 yards. You can't admit when Cromartie plays bad.

He has been everything I said he was. He is a boom or bust player. Plays like a Pro Bowler some times. Plays like a scrub others. Exactly like I said.

He had one drop, if you want to call it that. He had to make a play to try to catch a ball in front of a defender, he was rock solid on Monday night, while playing often in a monsoon, you're nitpicking and once again showing your bias.

LOL! Ok, buddy. Brett Favre and his receivers had no problem completing passes in that monsoon. It was when it wasn't raining where the Vikes had problems.

LT is playing at a level that he could probably gain 1,400 yds easily, but he won't have to because the Jets have Greene, who will only demand playing time due to his talent. No need to wear LT out. But that won't stop you from spinning that he can't do it, because so far, as I said before the season started, if healthy, he would be an upgrade over Thomas Jones, and he has been exactly that.

I have said I was wrong about LT. Stop saying I didn't. Tomlinson has split carries with Michael Turner and Darren Sproles during his elite years in San Deigo. Don't make it sound like it was the first time he has split carries.

They blasted Ryan, so effing what, that automatically makes them right? I love that argument, the broadcasters said it, so it must be...

Sanchez had 5 seconds left on the clock, he should have run it down until the end, that would have ensured that play elapsed to the 2 minute warning, it was an error by Sanchez that was talked about and admitted as much the next day. So again, you're wrong.

Everyone from Jaws and Gruden to Peter King and others in media have blasted him for his clock management. It was horrible. It says something about his decision making in certain situations. Doesn't mean he won't learn from it, but it is a concern at this point.

Again, nitpicking and selective criticism to fit your spin. Greene has had more playing time of late, LT has been so effective, that he has deserved more playing time, enough with spinning your YPC argument with BJGE, he is your starter, if LT was on the Pats, BJGE doesn't see the field, who are you kidding?

He was not effective as the lead rusher which is why LT got his chance to shine. I think without LT, he would struggle because he hasn't shown he can take the lead role. He hasn't proven me wrong yet.

Wilson has been bouncing back and forth between the outside and inside, IMO, he's had a mental overload. Playing the nickel and the slot, there is a ton of stuff to learn and execute, he played the position all camp to ensure he had the role for when Revis returned. When Revis got hurt, they decided to put Wilson outside, where he had not practiced as much, if you step back and look at the body of work, the impact of Revis' holdout, and then his injury, and the fact he's been moved around a lot, he hasn't had an opportunity to settle down in a role. You decided to interepret all of this that he has failed miserably, and Coleman took his job, it's more than that, you just, as you usually do, put a spin on it with your Patriot colored glasses.

LOL! There you go twisting my words. Never said Wilson failed miserably. I defy you to find once where I said that in this thread. I said he was a disapointment. That is it. And he is thus far. He could end up having a HOF career, but right now he is a disapointment. You cannot admit a single flaw in your team no matter how minor. Who exactly is being biased.

I called them an elite team. You want a backhanded sarcastic compliment? You are an elite poster on this board. See the difference? It is only week 5. It is a fact of the NFL that teams that start out strong don't always finish it. I would say the same thing about the Ravens or Steelers too.

So you consider a little crow basically twisting my words, making ridiculous contradictory arguments (like Cromartie was covering Marshall when Marshall was shut down but the plays where he made catches it was someone else), etc. Good for you. I admitted I was wrong. You take those admissions as more bashing.

The Jets are one of the top teams at this point, but like everyone else in the NFL this year they are far from perfect. They have as many losses as the Pats have at this point (granted they have won the head to head battle thus far). Let's not make them look like a team that putting teams away in the first half like the 2007 Pats did for most the first couple of months of that season. If they continue to play like this, they should be a strong Super Bowl contender, but again like most teams they have weaknesses that could grow bigger over the season or be covered up or outright eliminated.

Last edited:

I'm just acknowledging that the Jets haven't won anything yet, and it's a long season.

Half the Pat fans here assume they'll implode, the December fade, comparing the team to the 03/04 team, not sure why such a comparison is made with the Jets current regime.

How was that taken out of context? You knocked Rob for stating that it's early, then proceeded to do the exact same thing yourself in the next paragraph.

Last edited:
He didn't rush him back, and he didn't re-injure himself on Monday. Hamstrings take time to heal, and then when they heal, it takes a player a little bit to be right again, to gain his stamina and strength. He's practicing this week, and still may play, they have a bye week next week, which couldn't come at a better time, he'll have two more weeks to work and strengthen, and will probably be closer to 100%.

They did rush him back. If his hamstring was healed enough to withstand the pounding of the game, he wouldn't be out again. They rushed him back and hoped he wouldn't reaggravate it. It was a gamble and they lost. Many teams do it. Not saying Ryan was any different than a number of coaches. It could be a problem all year. Hamstings are tricky and that is why you should air on the side of caution and not rush the player back.

I've seen this spin used by some Pat fans here, he hasn't been phased out, that is pure hogwash. His presence alone forces a defense to account for him. Those passing lanes that Hernandez and Welker have been seeing, will get a lot smaller, especially without a real threat of a running game. Moss was that offense, the passing game set up the running game, the Pats will go through a major transition without him, and the presence he has on a field, and how he stretches defenses. Any Pat fan that thinks otherwise, is kidding themselves.

Obviously, I don't doubt Brady, but that is a huge transition for any team.

He has been used as a decoy a lot this year. He is no longer a primary target (other than the Jets game). He was a primary target every year until this year. Sounds like a classic definition being phased out of the offense. His role has dimished from Brady's goto WR to a decoy. How else would you describe it.

The Pats were a top offense for a number of years prior to Moss coming here. As long as Brady has four or five guys on the field to throw to, he will find open receivers. The offense won't be as good as it was with Moss, but it should still be a top offense. It might have gone from a top 3 offense to a top 5 or 10.

LOL! So when I say that early it is still early in season and things in the NFL can change over the season, it is a backhanded compliment? Yet, you insulting me is qualifed with that it is early in the season and things in the NFL can change over the season? See a little disconnect with logical reasoning?

At this point, I agree with espn. The jets are one of the top 5 AFC teams, as are the patriots.

They did rush him back. If his hamstring was healed enough to withstand the pounding of the game, he wouldn't be out again. They rushed him back and hoped he wouldn't reaggravate it. It was a gamble and they lost. Many teams do it. Not saying Ryan was any different than a number of coaches. It could be a problem all year. Hamstings are tricky and that is why you should air on the side of caution and not rush the player back.

He has been used as a decoy a lot this year. He is no longer a primary target (other than the Jets game). He was a primary target every year until this year. Sounds like a classic definition being phased out of the offense. His role has dimished from Brady's goto WR to a decoy. How else would you describe it.

The Pats were a top offense for a number of years prior to Moss coming here. As long as Brady has four or five guys on the field to throw to, he will find open receivers. The offense won't be as good as it was with Moss, but it should still be a top offense. It might have gone from a top 3 offense to a top 5 or 10.

Different personnel, different team, and you actually had a running game. The coaches that ran that offense are also now in KC.

You are fooling yourself if you think the Patriots, as a one-dimensional team right now, without Moss to stretch a defense, and set up the running game, are a top 5 offense. You are also working in younger ball players, it will take time.

LOL! So when I say that early it is still early in season and things in the NFL can change over the season, it is a backhanded compliment? Yet, you insulting me is qualifed with that it is early in the season and things in the NFL can change over the season? See a little disconnect with logical reasoning?

The implications made by you and others is that the Jets will implode, that Sanchez is a mirage, and that the Jets faded last year, all wrong, all asinine, and all desperate brands of spinning.

The implications made by you and others is that the Jets will implode, that Sanchez is a mirage, and that the Jets faded last year, all wrong, all asinine, and all desperate brands of spinning.

Time will tell.

So the Jets play man to man defense against every team except teams that go over the middle of the field? Get real! So a week ago you were pointing to NFL film video showing how get Cromartie was eventhough the first play on the film was Cromartie getting burnt for 30 yards. You can't admit when Cromartie plays bad.

He has been everything I said he was. He is a boom or bust player. Plays like a Pro Bowler some times. Plays like a scrub others. Exactly like I said.

Except the part that he has played like a scrub. Just one little minor detail. Since you like to quote Gruden, Jaws, and of course the biggest Patriot buttswab, King so much, they have all said he's playing at a pro bowl level, and has been a big reason why the Jets haven't missed Revis as much. Exactly like I said.

There is NOTHING about Cromartie's performance that you could label it as "playing like a scrub." I don't need to twist what you're saying, you do that well enough on your own.

LOL! Ok, buddy. Brett Favre and his receivers had no problem completing passes in that monsoon. It was when it wasn't raining where the Vikes had problems.

Yeah, buddy, Favre and the offense did nothing for 3 quarters.

I have said I was wrong about LT. Stop saying I didn't. Tomlinson has split carries with Michael Turner and Darren Sproles during his elite years in San Deigo. Don't make it sound like it was the first time he has split carries.

Everyone from Jaws and Gruden to Peter King and others in media have blasted him for his clock management. It was horrible. It says something about his decision making in certain situations. Doesn't mean he won't learn from it, but it is a concern at this point.

LT didn't split carries in his prime, he was the featured back, that won't be the case with the Jets. Sproles was a scat back, until LT had his string of injuries the last two years.

Other than that point in that game, what other moments can you, or King, or Gruden blast Ryan for clock management? Stop taking what you see and hear on your TV and blow it up and take it out of proportion. The fact is, Sanchez rushed the snap, it wasn't mismanagement of the clock, it was execution. I don't give a **** what Peter "Patriot scribe" King say's. You lose all credibility when you try quote him in any of your spinning.

The Jets are one of the top teams at this point, but like everyone else in the NFL this year they are far from perfect. They have as many losses as the Pats have at this point (granted they have won the head to head battle thus far). Let's not make them look like a team that putting teams away in the first half like the 2007 Pats did for most the first couple of months of that season. If they continue to play like this, they should be a strong Super Bowl contender, but again like most teams they have weaknesses that could grow bigger over the season or be covered up or outright eliminated.

I'm not making them out to look like anything other than what they are. Again, the weasel approach in comparing the number of losses between the Jets and Pats, when everybody and their brother knows the Pats haven't come close to the level of play as the Jets thus far this year. The first match-up wasn't even close. I never said the Jets were perfect, the Revis injury has the secondary a bit unsettled, Pool is still new to the defense, and the Pace injury also has the defense a bit behind from where it was last year. Sanchez is still young, will still experience growing pains, but the signs are there that he has the potential to be a good one, a franchise QB the Jets haven't had in a long time.

The funny thing is, even when the Jets lose at the end of the season, their fanbase and players and coaches won't shut up.

Except the part that he has played like a scrub. Just one little minor detail. Since you like to quote Gruden, Jaws, and of course the biggest Patriot buttswab, King so much, they have all said he's playing at a pro bowl level, and has been a big reason why the Jets haven't missed Revis as much. Exactly like I said.

There is NOTHING about Cromartie's performance that you could label it as "playing like a scrub." I don't need to twist what you're saying, you do that well enough on your own.

He is the best 9 route defender in the NFL. Good thing you mentioned Jaws. Jaws said yesterday that watching tape on Moss in NE this season, he only ran one route, the 9 route. Not so hard to defend a receiver when he ran only one route.

Brandon Marshall as he beat Cromartie repeatedly a few weeks back would disagree with you about nothing playing like a scrub. When he allowed Marshall to convert a ten yard pass into a 30 yard reception because he misjudged his angle in a critcal position is the definition of playing a like scrub. Of course you "correctly" state that when Marshall didn't get a pass, he was covered by Cromartie and covered by someone else. Yes, the Jets are primarily a man to man coverage team, but if Marshall starts to run a crossing pattern everyone in the secondary abandon their coverage and quickly drop into a zone. That is how defenses work. You really need to learn a little more about football before you make arguments.

Yeah, buddy, Favre and the offense did nothing for 3 quarters.

And again, he started to make completions when it started to rain heavily. He and his receivers were not hurt by the monsoon.

LT didn't split carries in his prime, he was the featured back, that won't be the case with the Jets. Sproles was a scat back, until LT had his string of injuries the last two years.

Michael Turner carried the ball quite a bit, but not as much as Shonn Greene might.

Other than that point in that game, what other moments can you, or King, or Gruden blast Ryan for clock management? Stop taking what you see and hear on your TV and blow it up and take it out of proportion. The fact is, Sanchez rushed the snap, it wasn't mismanagement of the clock, it was execution. I don't give a **** what Peter "Patriot scribe" King say's. You lose all credibility when you try quote him in any of your spinning.

First, you ask people on this board and they will say Peter King is a Patriot hater. It is a matter of perceptions.

Second, I am talking about clock management. How often are you going to talk about a head coach's clock management outside the last three minutes of the game? When the Jets were up 12-0?

I'm not making them out to look like anything other than what they are. Again, the weasel approach in comparing the number of losses between the Jets and Pats, when everybody and their brother knows the Pats haven't come close to the level of play as the Jets thus far this year. The first match-up wasn't even close. I never said the Jets were perfect, the Revis injury has the secondary a bit unsettled, Pool is still new to the defense, and the Pace injury also has the defense a bit behind from where it was last year. Sanchez is still young, will still experience growing pains, but the signs are there that he has the potential to be a good one, a franchise QB the Jets haven't had in a long time.

Right now both teams have one loss. I don't think the Pats are in the same class YET as the Jets. The first match up was dominated by the Pats in the first half and the Jets in the second. The Jets played better in the second half than the Pats did in the first. The Jets made the adjustments and the Pats didn't.

Again, the Jets are an top 3 team this year so far, but there is no dominate team. The Pats are are around 5-10. That doesn't mean the Pats won't catch up as the season goes along or even surpass them.

My point was that they have virtually the same record and it is a long season. You seem to already have the Jets winning the division.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
Back