PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCE contract news: D'Bust signs D'extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? Mankins plays left tackle? News to me...
Because Ferguson's 2010 cap number will now most likely affect (increasing it) the 2011 franchise tag number for offensive linemen.

Here are more comparisons. To keep it simple I will list sacks allowed last season/last 4/how many years if less than 4

Keep in mind Ferguson had fewer pass blocking opportunities per game than any of them, but played every game.

Ferguson 8/35.75
Oher 8/8 rookie
Clifton 3.75/19.25
Clady 8/8.5/2
J Thomas 6/14.5/3
J Peters 6/25.5
Light 2/23.5
Long 5/7.5/2
Gaither 5/9.5/2.5
Roos 5/13
McKnnie 9/27.5
McNeil 5/22.5

OK, I literally listed every guy I looked up.
Bryant McKinne allowed 1 more sack last year than DBust (in a couple hundred more pass attmepts) and no one else on the list did. Actually no one is even close.

Overall it seems that over last season or his career DBust allows about twice as many sacks as the leagues better pass blockers.

No one, not a single player allows more in avg per season than DBust.

Because Ferguson's 2010 cap number will now most likely affect (increasing it) the 2011 franchise tag number for offensive linemen.
Are all OL lumped together as one position? Is that new?

Go to profootballweekly.com and look at the individual players stats.

It's all interpretation.

These 2 added sacks are from the Indianapolis game where Brick was told to protect the inside blocker. Mangold's call.

Sanchez should have spotted that Freeney was coming free from the edge.

The fact that PFF notes this and PFW doesn't leads me to believe this site is BS.

Yes. That's how it has been for years.

I did not know that, I thought Ts were in a different group than Gs and Cs. Are DL all one group now as well?

I did not know that, I thought Ts were in a different group than Gs and Cs. Are DL all one group now as well?

No, defensive ends and defensive tackles are separate.

It's all interpretation.

These 2 added sacks are from the Indianapolis game where Brick was told to protect the inside blocker. Mangold's call.

The fact that PFF notes this and PFW doesn't leads me to believe this site is BS.
What are you talking about?
Pro Football Weekly gets its stats from Stats Inc, which is the official stat source. Pro Football Focus is not a credible source that adds up their own stats.

How do you determine the difference and which plays are being judged differently over an entire season of stats?
How do you account for his sack stats being among the worst of all LTs?

It's a 6 year extension moron. Not a brand new 8 year deal. The salaries for 2010 and 2011 weren't modified.

How do you know that?

Yes. That's how it has been for years.

If I was on a game show and had a chance to win $50,000,000 and could pick a lifeline and a topic, I'd take Miguel and the NFL salary cap.

It's all interpretation.

BTW that is complete BS to say that Feeguson was told to ignore Freeneny and help out with a DT.

It's all interpretation.

Unless the Jets use a TE or RB/FB to cover the edge, Freeney was Ferguson's responsibility and even if Mangold called the wrong blocking assignment, it was Ferguson's responsbility to see Freeney is unblocked and slide his protection.

BTW that is complete BS to say that Feeguson was told to ignore Freeneny and help out with a DT.

I kinda find that hard to believe that they would leave Freeney unprotected or left one one one with a TE or RB/FB.

I kinda find that hard to believe that they would leave Freeney unprotected or left one one one with a TE or RB/FB.

Want to see even more BS? Freeney has zero sacks in week 16 vs the Jets.

WOW. If all of that is accurate then his 2011 cap number will be 14.35 mill (34.8 divdied by 8 plus 10mill salary)

Even if DaBruinz was accurate and I really doubt that his numbers are, the way you calculate the 2011 cap number is wrong in the following ways
1.) You assume that the $34.8 million figure is entirely signing bonus money paid in 2010.
2.) You assume that a 2010 signing bonus is prorated over the life of the contract. It is not. It is prorated over 5 years.
3.) You failed to include the 2011 proration of his 2007 option bonus.

D'Brick was scheduled to make 3.123 million this year with a 1.5 million roster bonus (which has already been paid). And a salary next year of 10 million.

With the addition 60 million, that works out to be 74.62 million over the next 8 years. But, it's clear that the EXTENSION didn't affect the remaining 2 years except to possibly give him an additional signing bonus as part of the extension.

Given the 30% rule how can his 2011 salary remained at $10 million.

the 30% base for Ferguson is $6 million. 30% of $6 million is $1.8 million.

2009 $6 million
2010 $6 million plus $1.8 million = $7.8 million
2011 $7.8 plus $1.8 million = $9.6 million max.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3