PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

AFCE contract news: D'Bust signs D'extension

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially Mangold who is, by far and away, the most valuable member on that offensive line.

Haha, if he gets big bucks, that is going to piss off Revis and Mangold even more. Can we say holdout? But most likely it's going to only be a modest extension. It's not like DBrick has been anything special the past few years.

Let's see what he is like, without Faneca to mop up after him :)

I read somewhere that, DF was struggling with pass rush, and Faneca had to help.

Last edited:
Whoa: Jets reached agreement with OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson on a six-year, $60 million extension that includes $34.8 million in gtd money.

^From Schefter.

Very pleased with this.

Whoa: Jets reached agreement with OT D'Brickashaw Ferguson on a six-year, $60 million extension that includes $34.8 million in gtd money.

^From Schefter.

Very pleased with this.

So the R*A*T*S are going to drop $10 million per for this guy's services?

I'm very pleased with that, too.

You mean Faneca, the worst pass blocking guard in the league? That Faneca?

Yeah, that guy! Let's see how the rookie holds up, and then we can agree on Faneca being bad :)

That's generally what it costs for premium left tackles. ;)

And given that D'Bust is not a premium left tackle, I'm very happy that the Jets overpaid for him.

The Jets just dropped $10 million dollars on a guy who is, at best, the 3rd best LT in the division.

And given that D'Bust is not a premium left tackle, I'm very happy that the Jets overpaid for him.

The Jets just dropped $10 million dollars on a guy who is, at best, the 3rd best LT in the division.

Haha. Okay. :rolleyes:

I can't comment on the Bills LT, but J.Long, M. Light and S. Vollmer are better at LT, so I reckon at best 4th!

Player on Jet roster...He's the BEST!!!!!! In the league!!!!

Same player leaves Jets...He SUCKS!!!! Could never play!!!Worst lineman ever!!!

Rinse....repeat....SS/SOJ

Why would you be happy about this? Ferguson has been propped up by Faneca since 2008 and will be playing next to a rookie now. The Jets just overpayed... badly.

Why would you be happy about this? Ferguson has been propped up by Faneca since 2008 and will be playing next to a rookie now. The Jets just overpayed... badly.

But Faneca sucks right...?

Light and Long are pretty clearly the two best LTs in the division, as of the end of last season. $10m per for the #3 LT in the division, and the Patriots have a guy in Vollmer ready to step in.

On the positive side for Jets fans, though...

The Patriots did pass on Clady and Oher. Had they not done so, the Jets would be paying $10m per for the #5 LT in the division.

Come to think of it, this may need to be merged with the "Jets Suck" thread, given the circumstances.

I'm happy because next to Revis and Sanchez, Ferguson is the most essential player to the Jets' success. He keeps Sanchez upright for the next 7 years. Great signing.

Haha, if he gets big bucks, that is going to piss off Revis and Mangold even more. Can we say holdout? But most likely it's going to only be a modest extension. It's not like DBrick has been anything special the past few years.

Good prediction, sir!

As for this news, absolutely thrilled. Could never figure out why Jets homers are so high on a guy who is only pedestrian at best. If you had to rank the signings in order of priority, it'd be:

1.) Revis
2.) Mangold

3.) Ferguson

Last edited:
I'm happy because next to Revis and Sanchez, Ferguson is the most essential player to the Jets' success. He keeps Sanchez upright for the next 7 years. Great signing.

Mangold says Hi! :)

And why 7 years? In the 8th, will DF miss a block, and MS get hammered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents