PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Vinatraitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta go wit Gotti.

He did a good job while here. Is he the only kicker that could have made that
kick? No. He did it and should get all the credit in the world for making it but
AV "superhero" exploits are a media concoction and good headline fodder. The
entire team needs to step up on the podium because if one misstep occurred
along the way in that drive Adam would still have splinters in his arse from the
bench. He was only one piece of the puzzle and I wish that people would stop
anointing him as the second coming. He was quite pedestrian up to that point
in his career.

Oh, and I like the G'Man and don't miss AV a bit. He's now a nice memory
and that is all.

Fair enough. And, I'm a big fan of Gostkowski by the way. Just, until he makes a kick to win a Playoff or SB Game with no time on the clock, I'll continue to leave Adam alone on his pedestal if you don't mind.

Who?

Our kicker is Gostkowski.

Vinatieri in a heartbeat. Why would anyone even attempt to bash him after all that he has done for this franchise. The media made up Adam as a hero? The media didn't make those kicks against the Raiders, Rams, Titans and Panthers. Adam did, and we all as fans labeled him a hero and called him the best ever. Now, that he's gone, and to the Colts of all teams, he's just a decent kicker and anyone could have made those kicks. Are we going to do the same if Tom Brady ever leaves? :rolleyes:

Gostkowski might have had a decent rookie year and he might have a stronger and younger leg, but I'll have to wait and see him deliver in the clutch for several years before I start singing his praises.

If we had the chance to take back Adam Vinatiere would you do it? Personally I wouldn't mainly because I now hate him with a burning passion, and I think Gostowski will only continue to improve. He has leg strength that Adam NEVER had

Ummm...ok we'll do it this way:
Lets just say that one day after being a patriots fan for 15 years of your life, you enter the NFL draft out of college and get drafted by...The Rams. You don't really hate them, but you don't really like them, But they want to give you a few million dollars to kick a ball through some posts. So it's a good team, good tradition, it's not a slum or anything, your making lots of money. So one day your contract expires and Even though you have been a GREAT kicker the rams are not all that excited about re-signing you. So out of the blue your childhood team comes along and offers you a great contract....So what would you do? stay with a team you have no alleigance to that is lukewarm about signing you, or sign with a new team that REALLY wants you and is willing to show it...

Now take the pats and the Colts out of all of this. Realize somethign here very simple....This is a job to these people, this is how they pay their bills, loyalty doesn't fill their bank account, and they do this for money, and THEIR pride, not yours They love you because you cheer for them, and you pay to see them, but the matter of the fact is they can go to another team and find a whole new group of guys that can do the exact same thing.

Set aside that "team loyalty" crap and just think about it.

Remember: for the first 4 years it's the teams that pick the players, not the other way around.

So i know you'll get to this so here it goes: Was i mad when we traded welker? Yes and no...Yes because he's a great player, but no because we got a great deal for him. Do i hate the guy? Hell NO! he has no loyalty to the fins, he's from texas!!!! Will I root against him, of course, but do i hate him? NO!

The strangest thing is we are so disconected we don't even really see how it is sometimes. Jason Taylor and Tom Brady have the utmost respect for each other. Outside of the field it's not a stretch to say they like each other, but do you think that makes any difference on the field when Brady's trying to burn JT for a score, and JT's trying to plant him into the field? Hell no! Because Work is Work, just some work is more fun then others...

Last edited:
Now take the pats and the Colts out of all of this.
Realize somethign here very simple....This is a job to these people, this is how
they pay their bills, loyalty doesn't fill their bank account, and they do this for
money, and THEIR pride, not yours
They love you because you cheer for
them, and you pay to see them, but the matter of the fact is they can go to
another team and find a whole new group of guys that can do the exact same
thing.

Set aside that "team loyalty" crap and just think about it.

Remember: for the first 4 years it's the teams that pick the players, not the
other way around.

And what you're forgetting is that this plays both ways.... The're JAGs
that play for other teams now.

Last edited:
I don't think it's fair to call Vinny a traitor. He was an awesome kicker when we had him, and maybe he's left for another team, so what? Happens all the time...but he's done more than his fair share for us to go down in Pats lore and legend.

Don't deny it guys. You all loved him when he was here.

Not to say Gostowski doesn't look good for the future :) But let's not forget the mighty shoes he has to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes