PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Vinatraitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbrady304

Rookie
Reaction score
If we had the chance to take back Adam Vinatiere would you do it? Personally I wouldn't mainly because I now hate him with a burning passion, and I think Gostowski will only continue to improve. He has leg strength that Adam NEVER had

Personally, I love Gostkowski.

If we had the chance to take back Adam Vinatiere would you do it? Personally I wouldn't mainly because I now hate him with a burning passion, and I think Gostowski will only continue to improve. He has leg strength that Adam NEVER had
It isn't just about Gostowski. Vinatieri is old. Why give up an up and coming young kicker for a guy who will be gone in two years anyway?

Gostkowski made all his Playoff Kicks. He'll be better next year. I'll give him a sophomore pass. Vinatieri was bad his sophomore year IIRC.

Gost-freakin'-(k)owski

Got the best curveballs in the AFC East bar none.

Pass on the Traitor. Even aside from money, Gotti has a lot more years left in the leg.

The Colts can have Benedictieri at his age and price. And Gost has done a great job so far,at nowhere near the price and also years younger. We'll get a lot of mileage out of Gostowski,and he's good. He's strong plus he's held his own in big games. Can he kick a gamewinner in the snow? That remains to be seen but there's no guarantees Vinitieri would still make that kick either.

Listen nothing against Adam or anything but you have to look at age and whats left in the tank. Stephen obviously is the choice even if he still misses a few kicks here and there.

ill take the goose.8 for 8 in the playoffs and a cannon for leg .

I defiantly rather have Gostkowski than Vinatraitor.

Last edited:
:) :) :) :)

Last edited:
I love touchbacks! Haven't seen them in such a long time.

Listen nothing against Adam or anything but you have to look at age and whats left in the tank. Stephen obviously is the choice even if he still misses a few kicks here and there.

Would "here and there" include the Snow Bowl and SB's XXXVI and XXXVIII? I agree that Gostkowski is the PK of the future, but let's not forget what Adam delivered. Without the first Snow Bowl kick, there was no XXXVI, and no dynasty. A lot of plays by a lot of great players went into making the dynasty, no doubt about it...but without Number Four's leg, the Dynasty never happened.

Last edited:
out with the old in with the new. you guys think Vinitraitor and Demon hang out?

Adam who ?????

I'll take him back for a day when he retires.

Really, it doesn't matter. Vinatieri was great for us and now Gostowski is just as good. And the colts were going to get a better kicker than Vanderjagt anyways. I'm glad Vinatieri cost them so much money and he still flubbed some field goals against us in the championship game. It comes down to this: Are we glad an ex-pat got another superbowl ring? Yes. Did he hurt us when we played against his new team? No. Frankly, Vinatieri deserves as many rings as he can get, especially for his role in the 2001 season.

Would "here and there" include the Snow Bowl and SB's XXXVI and XXXVIII? I agree that Gostkowski is the PK of the future, but let's not forget what Adam delivered. Without the first Snow Bowl kick, there was no XXXVI, and no dynasty. A lot of plays by a lot of great players went into making the dynasty, no doubt about it...but without Number Four's leg, the Dynasty never happened.

He did a good job while here. Is he the only kicker that could have made that
kick? No. He did it and should get all the credit in the world for making it but
AV "superhero" exploits are a media concoction and good headline fodder. The
entire team needs to step up on the podium because if one misstep occurred
along the way in that drive Adam would still have splinters in his arse from the
bench. He was only one piece of the puzzle and I wish that people would stop
anointing him as the second coming. He was quite pedestrian up to that point
in his career.

Oh, and I like the G'Man and don't miss AV a bit. He's now a nice memory
and that is all.

Last edited:
yes, I would take Adam back. While he did leave us for the Colts, I still don't hate him. I would probably be bitter too if the Pats kept franchising me (and keeping me from making more money).

Even with that said, I am happy with Ghost

Just say NO to the Vinatraitor.

He didn't just leave us, he left us for our arch enemy for more money when he was already the highest (or close to it) paid kicker in the league.

My love for him as a fan is gone. He is a greedy SOB in my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents