PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adam Vinatieri

Status
Not open for further replies.
- Did not re-signing Adam V have the net effect of costing the Patriots crucial victories? I don't see a clear case for that.
- That was then, this is now. We are better off in the most recent seasons having Gost. Less cap, excellent conversion percentage, and a fine kick off boot. A
- Arguably Adam V is approaching becoming a negative for the Colts given there are good odds of replacing most of his production with a markedly reduced cap expenditure as well as a deep kick off boot (didn't the Colts keep a Kick Off only kicker on the roster the last few years?)

Bottom Line on Adam V: Thank the football gods Adam V was a Patriot when he was. Thank the football gods for having Gost today instead of Adam V.

it is impossible for me to forget his two kicks in the last game played at the old Foxboro Stadium against the Raiders ... legendary ... huge ... great ...

expecially the first one...
perhaps the best ever for me

I can never forget that kick...

This was before the days of HD, and the weather was so bad...I lost track of where the ball was at. I just remember seeing the refs signaling its good, and jumping up and down my parents living room with my dad and brother....

Great memories...

AV's kicks in both those SBs were Clutch, lets not forget his BIG kicks (Infamous Tuck Rule) vs Raiders in snow blizzard PO Game to Tie & Win in OT.
Adam Vinatieri=Tom Brady of QBs.

AV's kicks in both those SBs were Clutch, lets not forget his BIG kicks (Infamous Tuck Rule) vs Raiders in snow blizzard PO Game to Tie & Win in OT.
Adam Vinatieri=Tom Brady of QBs.

The kick that tied it in the Snow Bowl was the greatest kick ever, especially considering the conditions. The game winner was a chip shot though.

I thought the most amazing thing about AVs SB and playoff kicks was that Tom Brady and the rest of the team put him into position to have that many chances. As we've come to learn, it isn't as easy to get there as we once thought it was.

And, after all is said and done, he was just a kicker.

I can never forget that kick...

This was before the days of HD, and the weather was so bad...I lost track of where the ball was at. I just remember seeing the refs signaling its good, and jumping up and down my parents living room with my dad and brother....

Great memories...

Great for sure. I was in the same exact situation except I was the dad. It's too bad my dad didn't make it that far. He would have been right there alongside us.

I can still see myself and my oldest jumping up and down from our seats with each moment, as my youngest (the non sports fan) sat in his chair in the middle and noted "this is pretty big huh?"

We've been blessed a lot since then too.

We sooooooo lucky.

- Did not re-signing Adam V have the net effect of costing the Patriots crucial victories? I don't see a clear case for that.
- That was then, this is now. We are better off in the most recent seasons having Gost. Less cap, excellent conversion percentage, and a fine kick off boot. A
- Arguably Adam V is approaching becoming a negative for the Colts given there are good odds of replacing most of his production with a markedly reduced cap expenditure as well as a deep kick off boot (didn't the Colts keep a Kick Off only kicker on the roster the last few years?)

Bottom Line on Adam V: Thank the football gods Adam V was a Patriot when he was. Thank the football gods for having Gost today instead of Adam V.
Its not like Adam sucks he's as good as he's ever been he's like 20 for 20. If we lost Gost for some reason id be more than happy to take Adam. As long as you have a punter that can kickoff I don't see what the problem is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back