PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Adalius Thomas dissing the coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
It wasn't looking great last week either as Pat White was ripping off a huge run right past the side of that line that Seymour used to occupy. I'm just praying that it looks better after draft day in 2011.

I just don't understand why they couldn't keep him this season, franchise him in the offseason and then move him. He could've been the difference in last night's game.

the writings on the wall for AT. This should and will be his last year in New England. He needs to go back to Baltimore. Hed fit right in there.

What a bust this guy has been. Gave him that huge deal thinking hed be that difference maker on the outside edge, and yet nothing. I really dont blame BB if hes a little gun shy on spending that kind of cash again for a pass rusher. Better to just go ahead and draft one this time.

the writings on the wall for AT. This should and will be his last year in New England. He needs to go back to Baltimore. Hed fit right in there.

What a bust this guy has been. Gave him that huge deal thinking hed be that difference maker on the outside edge, and yet nothing. I really dont blame BB if hes a little gun shy on spending that kind of cash again for a pass rusher. Better to just go ahead and draft one this time.

Shawn Crable says hi (probably from the hospital).

The reason Bill went for it is because guys like Adalius Thomas and Derrick Burgess aren't earning their ridiculously overpriced salaries.

To be fair to Burgess, I saw him three times in the backfield where he had an almost clean shot to Manning taken away by some flagrant holding. I actually thought it was his best game so far. But that's not saying much.

HAHA, good one.

At least draft one who doesnt have twigs for legs. Turns out missing out on Jason Taylor this offseason has hurt us more than we thought.

The reason Bill went for it is because guys like Adalius Thomas and Derrick Burgess aren't earning their ridiculously overpriced salaries.

Burgess looked like he was finally starting to show something, but was gassed in the 4th quarter. AT on other hand, has looked terrible since the season started.

You dont even know who we are going to get for him though so how can you say it was a bad trade?

Just how far afield do you intend to go rather than just admitting that your first post in response to me was ridiculous?

...I dont think Vrabel, Seymour and whatever other veterans your refering to would have made a difference last night.

The team was allegedly 'gassed', but having Seymour on the line to help out wouldn't have made a difference? That's just a brilliant analysis. :rolleyes:

HAHA, good one.

At least draft one who doesnt have twigs for legs. Turns out missing out on Jason Taylor this offseason has hurt us more than we thought.

No it didn't. Outside of two games, Taylor hasn't necessarily been lighting the world on fire in Miami. When your name is brought up and is only saved from being benched in favor of Cameron Wake because Joey Porter is having an even worse season, you know that you're having an off year. I, for one, am glad we didn't pick him up.

What I know Adalius for is he's the king of whiffing at batted down pass attempts. Why he jumps to block down passes that are 20 feet out of his reach is beyond me. He's got a great vertical to show off I guess.

Lmao..... and this is the first time Ive laughed since sunday night.

I'm not gonna lie I was pretty heated last night as well. I bet there wasnt one of us that wouldn't have slapped BB if he was in the same room as us when that clock read zero. So I'll chalk this one up to emotion after a bitter loss. But face it guys we will need AD if we really want to make a real run in december and january.

Without seymour and Vrable we need his experience rushing the passer and his athleticism. Even tho he hasn't lived up to half the money he's received thus far.

Burgess looked like he was finally starting to show something, but was gassed in the 4th quarter. AT on other hand, has looked terrible since the season started.

But i bet Adalius would disagree with that. He probably will deflect the blame to the coaches not using him right.

With regards to Adalius, in my best Christian Bale impersonation i will say that i am done with him professionally.

Deactivate his *****

But i bet Adalius would disagree with that. He probably will deflect the blame to the coaches not using him right.

With regards to Adalius, in my best Christian Bale impersonation i will say that i am done with him professionally.

Deactivate his *****

If we do what your suggesting we are mailing in this year's playoff run. This is the bed we have made for ourselves ousting all our veteran leadership and our best pass rushers from an already pass rush deficient defense. If we deactivate AD we are really asking alot of J. Mayo.

Lmao..... and this is the first time Ive laughed since sunday night.

I'm not gonna lie I was pretty heated last night as well. I bet there wasnt one of us that wouldn't have slapped BB if he was in the same room as us when that clock read zero. So I'll chalk this one up to emotion after a bitter loss. But face it guys we will need AD if we really want to make a real run in december and january.

Without seymour and Vrable we need his experience rushing the passer and his athleticism. Even tho he hasn't lived up to half the money he's received thus far.

Id say we need Tully Banta-Cain alot more than AD

Just how far afield do you intend to go rather than just admitting that your first post in response to me was ridiculous?

The team was allegedly 'gassed', but having Seymour on the line to help out wouldn't have made a difference? That's just a brilliant analysis. :rolleyes:

I still stick with my statement. They wouldnt have made a difference. What if all of our DL was healthy last night? The players that are actually on our roster, not players that were traded.

I still stick with my statement. They wouldnt have made a difference. What if all of our DL was healthy last night? The players that are actually on our roster, not players that were traded.

I'm not all that sold on Vrabel making a difference, but Seymour most definitely would have helped out.

If we do what your suggesting we are mailing in this year's playoff run. This is the bed we have made for ourselves ousting all our veteran leadership and our best pass rushers from an already pass rush deficient defense. If we deactivate AD we are really asking alot of J. Mayo.

Im not mailing in anything. Im willing to go with TBC, Burgess, and Ninkovich over AD at this point. Adalius can make the occasional play but is definitely not the impact player we thought he was going to be. At this point, AD shouldnt be a starter anymore, he should be used to spell TBC and Burgess

Id say we need Tully Banta-Cain alot more than AD

Im not gonna disagree with you but just talkin raw talent its pretty much a no contest AD is or was a specimen and he has to play like a freak in the playoffs for this defense to look like the D of old he and TBC both playin at a high level(at the same time) would imo give the secondary enough support to make this D legit again.

Assuming he was trying, how the hell would it be humanly possible for a pro bowl caliber D-lineman NOT to help out in a game where the team was shorthanded on the D-line and, yet, still wouldn't play Brace?

Seymour would pretty much have had to lay down and take a nap on the field in order for him not to have been a help in that game.

Last edited:
I'm not all that sold on Vrabel making a difference, but Seymour most definitely would have helped out.

Why are we talking about guys that are not on our roster? This trade happened months ago. We'll revisit it on draft day 2011. No one can say if we had Seymour last night we win that game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes