PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Action In The Offseason Before The Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my new jerk reaction as well, still $60M is a lot for a guard but since it is not my money I saw sign him. He and Vollmer maybe even Connolly are the future of the line. He is a top talent and brings all the intangibles; toughness, work ethic. Just look at how many more fights the Patriots have had since he came back, the guy is awesome.

The rumored offer the Pats gave Mankins was $7 Mil per year for 5 years so it was more like $35 Mil which would still put him in the top 5 Guard salaries. Where did you get $60Mil from?

The rumored offer the Pats gave Mankins was $7 Mil per year for 5 years so it was more like $35 Mil which would still put him in the top 5 Guard salaries. Where did you get $60Mil from?

I misremembered, it depends on which rumor mill you believe. Lets say it ends up around $7-8M per year, it is still a lot for a guard. I could be convinced either way, in BB we trust (unless they lose on Monday).

Re: Sir Ap's Neal career scenario.

-- With Connolly, NE has one starting Guard going forward.
-- I'm fine with Kaczur at G or T.
-- I'm in the re-sign Mankins camp (please!).
-- I'm in the re-sign Light camp.
-- Koppen isn't going anywhere.
-- BB held onto as many OL as he could, so NE is pretty well set in the reserve OL category.

Drafting Strategy: If Mankins or Light moves on ...
-- OT Nate Solder, Colorado 6-8/315; he's raw, but there's some nice tools to work with there. He'll probably be drafted high in the second or late in the first.
-- OG/OT Jason Pinkston, Pittsburgh 6-4/308; may go as high as the late second.
-- OG Danny Watkins, Baylor 6-4/310; late third, older player and a bit raw, but Mankins nasty.
-- OG/OT Clint Boling, Georgia 6-5/304; nice utility player, may go as high as the third.
-- OG Zach Hurd, Connecticut 6-7/325; my "out of the box" pick, this guy pulls really well and he moves people.
-- OG/OT Willie Smith, East Carolina 6-5/290; late round utility player.
-- OT Jah Reid, Central Florida 6-7/325; projected UDFA, but this kid is likely to sneak into the late rounds, he's got decent tools and looked okay at RT.

The following are classified as Centers, but have enough size to move to Guard.
-- Stefen Wisniewski, Penn State 6-3/306; his projected price is too rich for my blood, but if he slides ...
-- Kris O'Dowd, Southern Cal 6-4/300; Day Three.
-- Tim Barnes, Missouri 6-4/300; Day Three.
-- Kevin Kowalski, Toledo 6-3/299; Day Three.
-- Jason Kelce, Cincinnati 6-3/282; Day Three/UDFA
-- J.C. Brignone, Mississippi State 6-1/300; UDFA
-- Ryan Pugh, Auburn 6-1/298; UDFA

If both Mankins & Light are re-signed: BPA

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye