PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez to be Brady's top target??

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Probably looking for some Gronk type money next year and showing some great stuff in camp has some thinking Hernandez may even outdo Wes Welker and Gronk this year.

Without injury,Hernandez is going to have a great year and an all pro one,that is for sure.

Hernandez emerging as Brady's No. 1 target? - NFL- NBC Sports

Last edited:
I really like Greg Bedard's analysis work, but I think he has jumped the gun on this a bit (even though I said it is a possibility elsewhere). I still think Welker when he comes back will be Brady's #1 target. I think once the line solidifies, that Gronk may very well be the #2 target.

Last year when both Gronk and Hernandez were on the field Hernandez had more targets.

Welker didn't play last night, so there's that.

I'd be okay with that. There are maybe like two players in the NFL that can actually cover him.

Double cover Gronk & Wes, that leaves Hernandez & Lloyd single covered, pick your poison. All we need is for the O-line to do their job, and all 4 should have 70+ catches and 800+ yards and 8+ TD's.

got to cut down with the fumbles. lucky last night

Aaron deserves the same type of payday. I always thought he was a better receiver than Gronk.Gronk's more physical But Hernandez is more athletic and dependable, when he's not fumbling.

Not a chance that Hernandez is going to be targeted more times than Welker or even Gronkowski.

They had Gronk working his butt off as a blocker last night. That was probably because they wanted to see certain things, knowing his ability to run his routes. Possibly they just wanted to make Gronkowski work his butt off after his "Yo Soy Fiesta" summer. Gronk will still be option #1 at the tight end position

Hernandez still has a blocking role on this team as a tight end, something Welker does not have. Bedard wrote that "Brady seems incomplete without Welker in there," in today's Globe. That was certainly evident last night.

When the offense gets humming, Brady will have his myriad reads in the progression to go through with Welker or Gronk the main safety valves.

With the addition of Lloyd I am hopeful that Brady goes back to the open man as his favourite target. That said, I really don't care who his #1 target is as long as the offense is moving the chains and scoring.

There is no man in the Galaxy who is more optimistic about Aaron The Navigator's prospective year than I.

And even I think this premise is a bit silly.

Haven't you heard? ;)

For the 12th straight season, General Tom Brady's Top Target will be...Whoever's Open.

Love that guy. :cool:

Gronk and Welker are still his top targets...who knows..lloyd could be the go to guy this year

Lloyd will be the top dog this year. He's gonna get butt loads of single coverage. This guy can catch anything, even when he's not open at times. Brady will trust this guy and he'll go to him anytime when his offense needs a big play or a spark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST