PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken away in handcuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care what anyone says, the cops did it for the cameras.

Yeah because usually detectives patiently wait outside for murder suspects to rummage around their home and put on a nice shirt.

Exactly. No consideration... I expect the charges to be serious and maybe the murder charges.
That paired with the release by the Pats makes it look like things are headed towards this.

Patriots have released Hernandez

Patriots Release Tight End Aaron Hernandez | Patriots.com

The New England Patriots have issued the following statement on the release of tight end Aaron Hernandez.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. – The New England Patriots have announced the release of tight end Aaron Hernandez following his arrest in the investigation of a homicide last week in North Attleboro, Mass.

The New England Patriots issued the following statement: “A young man was murdered last week and we extend our sympathies to the family and friends who mourn his loss. Words cannot express the disappointment we feel knowing that one of our players was arrested as a result of this investigation. We realize that law enforcement investigations into this matter are ongoing. We support their efforts and respect the process. At this time, we believe this transaction is simply the right thing to do.”​

Last edited:
Hernandez was arrested this morning…

Geez… there’s a shocker…. Didn’t see that one coming… :rolleyes:

…in other news: Dallas Clark says hi…

FWIW, I don't believe the release is indicative of the charges he will receive but rather on the whole that the Patriots organization doesn't wish to be attached to it regardless of the outcome.

WOW. :eek: WOW.

That paired with the release by the Pats makes it look like things are headed towards this.

Not to worry though. Some of the Internet lawyers said "it's all circumstantial" and would be laughed out of court. I'm sure they'll be along shortly :D

I wonder if the Patriots have an inkling as to the charge, and its a murder charge. I don't think they'd let him go that quick if it were obstruction or such.

FWIW, I don't believe the release is indicative of the charges he will receive but rather on the whole that the Patriots organization doesn't wish to be attached to it regardless of the outcome.

Pretty sure you are wrong here

Not surprised the Pats cut him. Regardless, they weren't going to keep a player as he sits through a trial on charges related to (or even for) murder.

Hope justice is served. Too bad, AH. You could have been a star.

Wow, looks like a murder charge forthcoming. Knucklehead of the year.

Pretty sure he's dead on.

Kraft is well connected.

If there were a good chance he's innocent or even that it was 'only' obstruction, I'm pretty sure this move isn't made. I'm pretty sure we will look back at this moment and say "we knew he was cooked when..."

Now that the Pats have released him, how long until the first criticisms of the team for not having any "loyalty" (from the same people who would have criticized them for keeping a "thug" on the roster :) )?

so how long till we sign ballard to a 4 year deal?

Pretty sure he's dead on.

Kraft is well connected.

If there were a good chance he's innocent or even that it was 'only' obstruction, I'm pretty sure this move isn't made. I'm pretty sure we will look back at this moment and say "we knew he was cooked when..."

No he was saying that he felt the release was NOT related to the charges being serious. I disagree. I think it is a sign that it will be murder charges.

I agree with, VrableJr. He was done here, regardless. No sense in waiting to hear the actual charge and make your organization look even worse.

Where are the "blame the media" fanbots who happily pointed out reporting inaccuracies as if AH was being picked on.

"Facts don't cease to exist because they are ignored".

I fear Hernandez not only torpedoed our season, he ruined his career and life.

You're a mult-millionaire playing for a perpetually winning team. You are basically set for life as long as you don't screw yourself over.

Even if he's found innocent on all charges, the fact he even associates with losers like that is completely unacceptable. He should know better than that.

Well, technically he can never be "found innocent." Only "not guilty". It's not the same thing. After all, OJ was found not guilty at his criminal trial and we damn well know he was not innocent.

Where are the "blame the media" fanbots who happily pointed out reporting inaccuracies as if AH was being picked on.

"Facts don't cease to exist because they are ignored".

You mean the people who said we should wait for the facts of the case to come out before jumping to conclusions?

Right here. Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick