PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Hernandez arrested, taken away in handcuffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't pin anything on the "charge" being only singular on twitter. I doubt it means anything and could be just a function of a medium that requires 140 characters.

My bigger concern now is with the early reports -- destroyed evidence, video from nearby homes showing Lloyd and Hernandez in the same car the night of the crime, and the big cleaning crew showing up at the house. Add to that the victim was found so close to Hernandez's house, and it's a concern. This is all really bad evidence.

For the last four days, I was disregarding all of that, because the media had so obviously botched the warrant thing, but now that he's been arrested, it tends to show they were only really off in timing, and perhaps they actually did have a solid source and a warrant was ready to issue last week, but was pulled late leaving the press with egg on its face. Sure, they were hasty, but I don't feel the same basis I felt to disregard everything.

Add in that it seems like a pretty bold move by the police not to let him surrender on a obstruction charge, and the fact that they took so much evidence from his house, at this point I would be surprised if it were not a serious charge. Hope I'm wrong. Want to be wrong. Don't want a player on my favorite team to be involved in the worst crime there is. But I have a pretty bad feeling at this point.

No offense, but it was obvious to anyone with any common sense that it was only a matter of time before he was arrested. Hernandez is a mult-millionaire with a team of lawyers. The police were under no time limit and not only could take their time to gather as much evidence as possible, they could not afford to make any mistakes.

Surprised he didn't get the opportunity to turn himself in.

No offense, but it was obvious to anyone with any common sense that it was only a matter of time before he was arrested. Hernandez is a mult-millionaire with a team of lawyers. The police were under no time limit and not only could take their time to gather as much evidence as possible, they could not afford to make any mistakes.

+1000, precisely why I was posting all last week about it.....I was just shocked that he wasn't arrested sooner...now my buddy is saying it isn't just obstruction but its also 2nd degree murder...oh boy

What I don't get is why they didn't let him put his arms through the sleeves of his shirt before cuffing him. :confused:
They probably arrested him when he didn't have a shirt on (when he got cuffed) then asked him where a shirt is and put it on him so they can take him away.

Surprised he didn't get the opportunity to turn himself in.

the police didn't even let him get dressed, they cuffed him and a trooper found him a t-shirt to throw over his chest

I thought it was slightly ominous when they sealed the files. I don't know why but I just didn't get a good feeling about that.

I wouldn't pin anything on the "charge" being only singular on twitter. I doubt it means anything and could be just a function of a medium that requires 140 characters.

Except that they had characters to spare, so they didn't need to delete the s just for that.

Alge Crumpler‏@Alge_Crumpler6m
Patriots handle distractions better than any organization ive been a part of...but if dogs brought down my falcons, think about human life..

Fahk you for dropping that TD that would of put pressure on the JEST offense. :mad:

If thats true Hernazdez will set the bar as the Dumbest sport athlete ever.

I promised I would not publicly repeat any info, but I too have an in law in MSP (high enough rank to believe any and all he says). I'll just second what mgd said and leave it at that: it does not look good for Hernandez.

Thanks. Yeah, I'm just guessing though like anyone else, though. Like many, I'm kind of using this forum and speculating here to work through my feelings on a tough situation. I don't live in New England, so I don't have people to talk about it to at the water cooler to make myself try to come to terms with it. So, I might just be being pessimistic bracing for the worst. Hope so. We'll know when we know, I guess. It's all so sad.

PatsFaninAZ sentimentally shouldn't be the deciding factor in this, somebody's life was lost and Hernandez could be an accomplice. If it was Tom Brady I would feel the same way...sports athletes or celebrities are'nt above the law, contrary to popular opinion.

I agree with everything you say. However, whoever does the MSP twitter is pretty old school (I've been following it for a year now). I doubt they would leave out an "s" for brevity.

FWIW: It was MSP that obtained the arrest warrant, not the N. Attleboro police dept.

Hmm. Ok. But I still guess I don't know then whether "charge" is good or bad!

Saying that someone like Hernandez, as a football player, is a "dime a dozen," is the definition of inanity. Put some more thought in before you post, please.

In case you didn't noticed, you just got trolled

Fahk you for dropping that TD that would of put pressure on the JEST offense. :mad:

Dogs didn't bring down the Falcons, Michael Vick did. And by the way, they've moved on very nicely under Dimitroff.

price reduction on some gear, now $0.99

SULLYT207a.jpg

I still think they need something more substantial than what we have heard thus far to actually convict Hernandez of murder.

Smashing a phone, renting a car, destroying a security system, hiring a house cleaner and being with the victim the night of the murder sounds ominous but is actually very thin evidence in terms of an actual murder conviction (as opposed to an obstruction conviction/plea).

If he is charged with murder then I suspect they found something more damning like the victim's blood in the house and/or on AH's clothing, the murder weapon, or perhaps testimony from one of the other two accomplices (though I put low odds on this).

Or perhaps they will charge him with murder with the intention of getting him to plea down and testify against the other two guys.

Obviously AH is in deep, but there is still a very, very, wide range of outcomes, imo. Anything from a Ray Lewis situation where he pleads to misdemeanor obstruction and testifies for the prosecution all the way to he gets convicted of murder.

PatsFaninAZ sentimentally shouldn't be the deciding factor in this, somebody's life was lost and Hernandez could be an accomplice. If it was Tom Brady I would feel the same way...sports athletes or celebrities are'nt above the law, contrary to popular opinion.

If he's guilty, he should be treated exactly like anyone else. That's not what I was trying to say. I just feel bad that someone is dead and a promising career and life could be getting flushed down the toilet. I care because the kid is on the team I root for and part of the sports gig is that you develop a bit of a connection to your favorite athletes.

If Tom Brady was a criminal, I would feel the same way, but be pretty bummed about it. I'm bummed here.

the police didn't even let him get dressed, they cuffed him and a trooper found him a t-shirt to throw over his chest
From an appearances sake, it looks like the arrest was a little bit of an FU to the Hernandez camp.

So he's the only arrest from what I can tell. The investigation was obviously focused on him...

It doesn't look like his "buddies" are the focus of these charges.

Doesn't look good from the outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey