PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Aaron Dobson

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Shea talks up Dobson. It's been a quiet first half of the season for second-year receiver Aaron Dobson (3 games played) and part of what receivers coach Chad O'Shea has told him is to be ready. The call could come at any time. "Aaron, day-to-day, has been working really hard. He’s making progress," O'Shea said. "As we tell all our players on the roster, at some time everyone is going to have opportunity to contribute or they wouldn’t be here. That’s the mindset they have every day."
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-...nts?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Belichick mAde it very clear early on that missing so much time this off season and in camp and are season was going to set Dobson way back, and he was right. Dobson does not play on ST's so it is going to be hard for him to be active right now but that in no way means he can't help them down the stretch when he gets activated. Despite the injury Dobson had a good rookie year and while this season has been a setback I really don't get the negativity other than the wannabe GM's who think trashing every Belichick pick makes them look smart, when in truth they just look like idiots.

The dream lives :

Mike Loyko ‏@NEPD_Loyko 2h2 hours ago
Asked about Aaron Dobson today. Was told not to right him off. "He's getting healthier" and "he'll make an impact before season is over"

I know Edelman can, and does, play outside but LaFell and Dobson outside with Edelman in the slot and Gronk at TE, that's the offense we really need; not that the 40 PPG we've averaged since KC is bad or anything.

Well good news, Dobson should more than have the mental aspect of the game down...knowing our playbook indside out. As stated before LaFell and Dobson outside the numbers with Gronk and Edelman inside would be lethal!

Various Numb nuts here are posting, as if they never heard of the term, D-E-P-T-H. Or the concept of grooming rookie WRs in to their third season, when they are ready to produce. (See Demarious Thomas, Julian Edelmen etc.)

Last edited:
Various Numb nuts here are posting, as if they never heard of the term, D-E-P-T-H.. Or the concept of grooming rookie WRs in to their third season, when they are ready to poduce. (See Demarious Thomas, Julian Edelmen etc.)

Chances the Patriots' team of today will be the same team playing in January (7 more games with no effect from injuries??)? Chances at best are iffy..
This uncertainty is best handled when the waiting in the wings/next man up has a demonstrated ability to at least tangibly produce. Dobson, though he hasn't lit it up, did show an ability to productive on a few occasions of his brief career. It would be nice have that production if/when it's needed.

I just don't want to see lafell lose time right now to Dobson. He has been on a tear and i hope still gets the same amount of snaps

http://espn.go.com/sportsnation/boston/chat/_/id/51318

Mike Reiss said:
I think Dobson has struggled a bit to get open in practice, which has made it hard for the coaching staff to have confidnce to put him in the game. The March foot surgery obviously is something that should be mentioned, as it affected his offseason a bit. I don't think the book is closed on Dobson, but he's basically the No. 4-5 guy right now. Amendola is locked in at 3 and provides more overall value because of the combination of his work at receiver and his return skills.

Belichick mAde it very clear early on that missing so much time this off season and in camp and are season was going to set Dobson way back, and he was right. Dobson does not play on ST's so it is going to be hard for him to be active right now but that in no way means he can't help them down the stretch when he gets activated. Despite the injury Dobson had a good rookie year and while this season has been a setback I really don't get the negativity other than the wannabe GM's who think trashing every Belichick pick makes them look smart, when in truth they just look like idiots.

Or.....

Aaron Dobson may simply be the next Bethel Johnson, Chad Jackson, Brandon Tate, or Taylor Price.

The truth is that we have no idea whatsoever, other than the fact that the first 1.5 yrs haven't led him in a positive direction thus far.

At this point, I don't want to see any switches in the WR corps myself, and I can't imagine that Dobson would get many looks aside from obvious injury situations.

People forget we are a game plan offense. Will we lineup Dobson, Tyms and some combination of LaFell, Gronk Edelman, Amendola, Vareen against a team lacking depth at DB? Why the hell not? 4-5 wide, empty backfield or not? If it's appropriate, isn't it great to have that capability.

We'd devastate certain teams, then have that package in reserve for playoff and looks teams will need to prepare for.

I like Dobson and all but I'd really like to see more of Tyms personally

Mike Reiss thinks Dobson might be active on Sunday night. Would be nice to have him down the stretch here.

Mike Reiss thinks Dobson might be active on Sunday night. Would be nice to have him down the stretch here.
Hopefully he does better with this prediction than when he kept forecasting Taylor Price's big breakout week.

Where did he say that?
He speculated in several places because Tyms had only one target vs Broncos and it was a bad miscommunication. Tyms has looked good on deep patterns but I wonder if he is struggling with everything else. Of course we do not see what either is doing in practice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes