PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A Tale of Two Drafts: 2007 & 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, you CANT HAVE IT BOTH WAYS. You cant say we upgraded at WR because"we had no good WR"....and then say Mayo is an upgrade without mentioning the hall of famer he is essentially replacing. And reason Seau was there was because of the injury to Colvin forcing Thomas outside. I dont think you can say Vrabel-Thomas-Bruschi/Seau-Colvin is upgraded to Vrabel-Bruschi-Mayo-Thomas can you?
I think history will prove that 07 isnt going to be as bad as the FO says it was....and 08 wont be as good. Some of this years' rookies are a product of not having "enough" last year(in my opinion)which goes against what worked in 07---keeping vets!

Seau never, ever, played like a hall of famer for the New England Patriots. He was a serviceable player who made a few damn fine plays.

Two of the starters from last year return at their respective positions (Bruschi and Vrabel) and the talent has been upgraded at the remaining two (AD > Colvin, Mayo is far and away more physically gifted than Seau). Crable and Woods look to be actual backups who can find a way on the field. There's more talent and depth in the linebacking corps than there was last season. Absolutely.

Areas that have better odds to be improved: DL, TE, LB, RB, Depth at QB, and S.
Areas that look to have regressed: OL (until Neal's return), WR depth (Stallworth finished the year at 4, who's at four now? Ventrone? Jones? Washington?), CB (eh, I don't think Samuel is irreplaceable, but there are a few unkowns at the position) and...

That still looks like more positions of improvement.

Don't insult the collective intelligence of this board by saying last year "worked" because they "kept vets." :banned:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back