PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A successful first week of free agency for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year started quickly. How would feel if these were the first week signings?

Paxton
Seau
Gaffney
Law
Zack Thomas

I like it ... all good smart and contributing type players.

How old are we going to make the defense?

No way on law

Yeah, I agree. Talented, but he caused too many problems while he was here. He said he would pay to leave...so why give him another chance. No way.

In the first week sign....

Suggs
Briggs
Asomugha
Crumpler
Trufant

And I would be satisfied,Hell even sign Moss,Stallworth and Samuel to long term deals as well....;)

Too much to ask for?? ;)

Suggs
Briggs
Asomugha
Crumpler
Trufant

And I would be satisfied,Hell even sign Moss,Stallworth and Samuel to long term deals as well....;)

Too much to ask for?? ;)
Theres nothing wrong with dreaming. ;)

Last edited:
I would be happy with that first week. I would be even happier if Moss was signed, too.

I would love to see Law come back, not so much as our starting CB, but in a nicke/dime/safety role

You live in an interesting world. I agree that if we were to re-sign both Samuel AND Gay, Law would be expected to compete with Gay for reps. Now, I have my personal prediction with regard to what would happen in your fantasy world. Law and Samuel would start, Hobbs would be the best nickel in the league and Gay would be the best dime in the league. Neither Manning would not be a happy camper.

If they re-signed both Samuel and Gay, Law would most likely be in competition for the #3 job with Gay. Frankly, in 15 games out of the season, Gay might end up ahead of him. Naturally, Law would have to start against the Colts. ;)

Throw Moss in there and I'd be very happy.

You live in an interesting world. I agree that if we were to re-sign both Samuel AND Gay, Law would be expected to compete with Gay for reps. Now, I have my personal prediction with regard to what would happen in your fantasy world. Law and Samuel would start, Hobbs would be the best nickel in the league and Gay would be the best dime in the league. Neither Manning would not be a happy camper.

That's a great call on your part. Throw in a linebacker or 2 and some line help in the draft and we're good to go.

Suggs Franchised by the Ravens
Briggs - How many times do people have to get told that Briggs does NOT want to play in a 3-4 defense? He re-iterated himself just a couple weeks ago.
Asomugha Franchised by the Raiders
Crumpler - They don't need to wait that long. A player who is cut can sign with any team right away.
Trufant - Only if Asante isn't around

Too much to ask for?? ;)

Of the ones you mentioned, I'd want Moss re-signed first and foremost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes