PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A statistical look at the kicking competition

Barringer is a lock. don't think there is any discussion there
Ryland of course makes the team.
I would think Folk is cut and as a vet could have a hand shake deal that he gets his salary to stick around. some roster manipulation and protection for a rookie PK

Baringer looks like the real deal, AND he's been the only holder on all of the field goal attempts. I'd say for that reason alone he's a lock.

Kicker situation is just real weird at the moment. I could see it being Ryland, Folk, or both (not my preference, but I wouldn't spit-take my coffee if it happened).

Gotta audition Ryland in real games. Folk can get cut and be kept on speed dial.

We already lost the Folk we knew and loved--even if he suits up for us this year.

Ryland kicks FG's high which allows the wind to carry them. He probably would have made some of those misses if he kicked lower. I still hope he makes the 53.

Ryland kicks FG's high which allows the wind to carry them. He probably would have made some of those misses if he kicked lower. I still hope he makes the 53.
I imagine that's something they work with him on and see if he can improve.

If Folk gets cut he’s a known commodity and would probably get snapped up immediately. I haven’t kept abreast of all 31 other teams kicking situations but there must be a couple teams still looking for help.

If Folk gets cut he’s a known commodity and would probably get snapped up immediately. I haven’t kept abreast of all 31 other teams kicking situations but there must be a couple teams still looking for help.
That's my thinking too. I doubt he doesn't catch on with a team if he wants to keep kicking. If not, he'd be on the short list for kicking help for most teams.

Yep, perhaps they can finagle a 7th from a team that wants to jump the line. He's on my short list of cuts that may garner a late pick.

Dallas, which is Folk's hometown.

I hope Ryland wins the job, so we are not spending a 3rd round pick on a kicker next year.

The 5th rounder Rohrwasser didn’t work out a couple years ago & Ryland is a 4th rounder.

TLDR: Baringer is our next punter; the competition between Ryland and Folk is really close.

Ok, I know we are all hard core fans but tracking preseason kickers is simply amazing! I love all of this! Thank you.

I will try for the eyeball test for the last preseason game.

I think Folk might get the axe just because he's making more money, and Ryland has the stronger leg. It's a shame, wish the Patriots could reasonably keep both of them, because they both have value.

TLDR: Baringer is our next punter; the competition between Ryland and Folk is really close.

No it isn't. The fact that it's 'close' means that Ryland wins.

Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
Back