A note about what happened.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Administrator
Staff member
ADMINISTRATOR
Reaction score
The server we were on came under a Denial of Service Attack over the weekend, shutting down the NFLFans.com server that we share which caused a loss of our database. As you can see the posts appear underneath, however they're unreadable as we've been unable to restore them.

Your member accounts all still exist to the best of my knowledge, so all functionality should be restored. I apologize for the inability to restore the posts, as of 1:54am ET on Sunday we haven't been able to bring them back as the last back-up of the databases were also corrupt.

Needless to say we're back up and running, but it's disappointing that the posts are gone despite our best efforts. Hopefully everyone understands as we've done all we can. I'm calling it a night, thanks for all the e-mails. My PM box is full, so if anyone wants to contact me go here if you need anything:

http://www.patsfans.com/contact/

Thanks again,

Ian

Last edited:
Thanks for getting us back ASAP . . . 24 hours was a long time to go without patsfans.com but at least the Colts lost in the meantime :)

Thanks Ian.

BB-fan, odd how a little Sunday afternoon Peyton-face moment can perk things up when you can't read the latest rant. :D

Do your best, Ian. Methinks we'll come up with plenty of posts to replace the old ones!

What a coincidence... I just finished studying security attacks like denial of service in my systems and networks class.

Don't even think about it... I DIDNT DO IT, i plead the 5th

Thanks for your work in restoring patsfans. I was lost without it!

Admit it. There was alot of panic and hand ringing all day yesterday out there.

Ian,

Firstoff: A MEGA HUGE THANKS for all you do to keep this site up and running. Much like Hurricane season in N.O.; an event like this gives you a chance to appreciate exactly what you have with the best Football Fan site on the planet.

:eat3:

Second: My personal apologies if I generated an automatic email to the admin every single time I fervently tried to login yesterday. Your box probably has about 10,000 emails just from all of us refreshing every 60 seconds. :D

Thanks for the hard work Ian.

Willie55 said:
Thanks for the hard work Ian.

Ditto here! Was surprised at how much I missed the board and the ability to share info, comments etc, especially after seeing the Dolts choke!

PatsChick87 said:
Ditto here! Was surprised at how much I missed the board and the ability to share info, comments etc, especially after seeing the Dolts choke!

I agree, but not only that but discussing the great team effort after beating Chucky's team on Saturday.

As always thanks for all your hard work Ian, if nothing else this tragedy gives us a chance to show how much your efforts mean to us.

As for the previous posts don't sweat it, if we can get them back great, if not don't sweat it, we'll have plenty to replace them soon enough.

P.S. I too was dying to share in the revelry of the Dolts first loss with my fellow Pats fans!

Thanks, Ian!
I was jonesing for some football talk yesterday - made me realize yet again how much I love this site!

what a pain in the a**

Ian, I didn't realize how much I missed this site until I couldn't have it. What a sucky thing to have to do on a football Sunday in December. Thank you very much.

Andyguitar

Ian, thanks for all you do - it is so much appreciated!

Oh

My

Gawd.

This means the infamous cheerleader thread is no more.

Oh the humanity.

Seriously Ian, thanks for the hard work. Like others, I was having fits of the DTs without this place. Other fan sites just don't seem to cut it.

No problem, Ian!

(I had fun poking sticks at IndyStar yesterday :D)

Ian - as always - thank you so much for all your efforts...!

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Oh

My

Gawd.

This means the infamous cheerleader thread is no more.

Oh the humanity.

Seriously Ian, thanks for the hard work. Like others, I was having fits of the DTs without this place. Other fan sites just don't seem to cut it.

hahaha, I realized how much I missed this site yesterday, when all I wanted to do was revel in the pats whooping on the bucs and peyton shaking his head walkign off the field. thanks for all you do Ian, this site has become part of my football ritual.

And I was posting brilliant threads all day. wondering why I couldn't read them or no one replied.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back