PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

a fun jets stat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SamBam39

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
pats have won 5 division titles in a row.

jets have won 4 in their history.

they have less afc east titles than the colts - who aren't even in the division!
and are tied with the titans, who aren't either !

in their entire history, parcells and groh are the only coaches who have walked away fromn their team with a winning record as jets coach!

they worship weeb ewbank as one of their greats, and he had a losing record with them - LOL !!

they are 74 games under .500 - worst in afc history except the bengals -79.

gonna be fun this sunday watching mangini on the sidelines with that
'I'm mad at the players for my stupid coaching' look on his face !!

Re: a fun jets stat !

Personally I think Mo Lewis and Eric Mangini are due a lot of thanks from Patriots fans for helping make the Patriots what they are today.

There's no doubt that the 'They don't respect us.' mantra was wearing thin in terms of motivational oomph, and the whole spygate thing came along just in time to replace it with a new 'Everyone hates us/calls us cheaters' mantra which apparently was just the thing.

Thanks Eric!

Re: a fun jets stat !

this is what makes the pats one above the rest, what motivates one motivates all ! like they are one person. thats a team!!! the best ever which comes in big part from the coach. we are blessed to be fans of this awesome team, and franchise!!!!!

i love these pats

they have less afc east titles than the colts - who aren't even in the division!
and are tied with the titans, who aren't either !

Just a point of information., The NY Jets were known as the NY Titans from 1960 through 1962. The NY Titans never won a division title while playing in the AFL.

The Houston Oilers had 4 divisional titles while in the AFL. After the merger, they were moved to the AFC Central.

Anyways, I thinks is fun how people always point to the Pats as having been the "most laughable" NFL franchise because of their 1-15 and 2-14 records in the early 90's. Yet people over-look the Jesters all because the NFL decided to legitimize the AFL so they could eliminate the competition in regards to pro football leagues.

Wow! That's just pathetic. I'm actually feeling sorry for their fanbase right now. I still hate their rat bastard coach though.

Last edited:
Just a point of information., The NY Jets were known as the NY Titans from 1960 through 1962. The NY Titans never won a division title while playing in the AFL.

The Houston Oilers had 4 divisional titles while in the AFL. After the merger, they were moved to the AFC Central.

Anyways, I thinks is fun how people always point to the Pats as having been the "most laughable" NFL franchise because of their 1-15 and 2-14 records in the early 90's. Yet people over-look the Jesters all because the NFL decided to legitimize the AFL so they could eliminate the competition in regards to pro football leagues.

Right - and the oilers bacame the tennessee titans, which they are now - which is why I said the titans have won 4 afc east titles - they did it while called the oilers, but the titans franchise now gets credit for those championships. The point is, 1969 was their last year in the division - so they were only in the division for 10 years, compared to the jets who have been in it for 47 years, and the titans (oilers) left 37 years ago, and yet, they STILL have as many afc east division titles as the hapless jets !! LOL - too funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick