PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A couple of bad news posts for Jets fans on Florio's new site - Pace Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Couple of bad news posts for Jets fans on Florio's new site- Pace Suspended

The Jets of the past five or six years remind me of the Yankees from that same time frame; indentify a problem on the team, back up a dumptruck full of money to the guy you think will solve the problem, close your eyes and hope for the best.

The results have been the same for both teams; the problem does not go away and the team continues to struggle.

And both of their fan bases act the same way; oh well, that didn't work, hey, it's not our money, who's the next guy on the radar to go after.

Ironic how both teams are based out of New York, home of the most arrogant, self entitled fans in the world.....................

Re: A Couple of bad news posts for Jets fans on Florio's new site- Pace Suspended

I don't see the fascination with Rex Ryan. I get that he ran that ravens D for a while, but they were good before he was the DC. They have been good their entire existence.

Marvin Lewis hasn't done so hot since he left...

To be fair to Lewis, the Bengal's ownership and management sucks and is notoriously cheap.

To be fair to Lewis, the Bengal's ownership and management sucks and is notoriously cheap.

Having a prima donna that infects the rest of the team, a legal trouble backlog that was bad enough to affect the rest of the league, a constant hot seat doesn't help either...

Bet Jesters fans are still going to rip on Rodney Harrison for his drug suspension though. :rolleyes:

BTW, the "I didn't know" defense is getting kinda old. You'd think by now the NFLPA would be making sure everyone knows exactly what they can and can't use. Then again, if the players aren't paying any attention to the warning about an "uncapped" season maybe they don't listen to the NFLPA much anyways.

So Pace will miss the Week Two game against the Patriots. That will help ease the pass rush a bit.

If I said crable will be a monster because he looked good in shorts, isn't that as dumb as saying Gholston's future is troubling because of what he's doing in shorts? Until the whistle sounds on his 2nd season and he still sees little or ineffective playing time, than we can say bust. But give me a break people, if Jet fans were making predictions based off what schefter said from OTAs we'd be laughing our asses off.

Lets wait and see, it's only fair. Because I know 90% of the people pounding their chest over this would be the same people to defend Crable if the same was said on PFT.

The Jets of the past five or six years remind me of the Yankees from that same time frame; indentify a problem on the team, back up a dumptruck full of money to the guy you think will solve the problem, close your eyes and hope for the best.

The results have been the same for both teams; the problem does not go away and the team continues to struggle.

And both of their fan bases act the same way; oh well, that didn't work, hey, it's not our money, who's the next guy on the radar to go after.

Ironic how both teams are based out of New York, home of the most arrogant, self entitled fans in the world.....................

How long was the Yankees' playoff streak again? I can already tell that you're going to disagree with me that that's a meaningful measure, but Theo Epstein disagrees with you. Good MLB GMs acknowledge that once you make the playoffs, pretty much anything can happen. In a game where the difference between a historically good and below-average player is hitting the ball less than one more time in ten, the sample size is just too small. Making the playoffs is the key, and only really good teams make the playoffs in the MLB.

Say what you want about the Yankees, but 2008 was the first time that they've missed the playoffs this decade. Now you can argue (and I would) that with their payroll it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a championship, but they're hardly struggling over that time period. Unless your definition of success is making the playoffs *every* year in the decade, in which case every team in the league is struggling.

If I said crable will be a monster because he looked good in shorts, isn't that as dumb as saying Gholston's future is troubling because of what he's doing in shorts? Until the whistle sounds on his 2nd season and he still sees little or ineffective playing time, than we can say bust. But give me a break people, if Jet fans were making predictions based off what schefter said from OTAs we'd be laughing our asses off.

Lets wait and see, it's only fair. Because I know 90% of the people pounding their chest over this would be the same people to defend Crable if the same was said on PFT.

I think you are missing the point.

Looking 'good in shorts' is certainly no guarantee of productivity under live conditions.

Looking bad under circumstances that should suit your 'work out warrior' image is worrying.

Not really the same, no. Performing in shorts is easier than performing in pads. So while being able to perform in shorts still doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be able to form in pads, sucking in shorts is a bad sign across the board.

It's kind of like how if an 18 year old absolutely crushed a sixth grade reading test, that wouldn't say a whole lot about his ability to take the SATs, but if he failed the same test you'd have to be pretty worried about his chances.

Re: A Couple of bad news posts on Florio's new site for Jets OLBs - Pace Suspended

ahahhaha eat that Rats!! Now the real talking begins, since they already named themselves the best D on AFC east

An NFL player using banned substances? :eek:

Check out Schefter's suggestion...

https://twitter.com/Adam_Schefter

Here's 1 idea to help replace Calvin Pace: Willie McGinest. Might be a nice signing and prevent Jets from leaning on Vernon Gholston.

The Jets are flush with quality depth at LB, no worries, the #1 D in the AFC can take a set back like this with no fall off.:rolleyes:

It will be a good oportunity for some of the young guys to step up and gain valuable game experience.

I don't wish the guy ill will but I have to say that his suspension works for me.
I hate the Jets and their putrid fan base. I even hate their old coaches.
The Jets make me sick.

Gholston :rofl:

But he lowers his shoulder and pushed well in college.

I'd agree with you 99% of the time on this, but doesn't it make sense that a player with Gholston's athletic ability, if he were to shine at all, it would be in shorts, in mini camp. From what I've been led to believe, Gholston's REAL problems begin when they DO put on the pads and start hitting.

Really, if he looks bad in shorts, then it seemingly will only get worse once camp opens. Either way it that pick is starting to make the DRob pick look good. At least they got years of mediocrity from him as a starter. This guy can't even get on the field. All poor Jet fans have to talk about is some UDFA that has shot past Gholston on the depth chart.

I'd agree with you 99% of the time on this, but doesn't it make sense that a player with Gholston's athletic ability, if he were to shine at all, it would be in shorts, in mini camp. From what I've been led to believe, Gholston's REAL problems begin when they DO put on the pads and start hitting.

Really, if he looks bad in shorts, then it seemingly will only get worse once camp opens. Either way it that pick is starting to make the DRob pick look good. At least they got years of mediocrity from him as a starter. This guy can't even get on the field. All poor Jet fans have to talk about is some UDFA that has shot past Gholston on the depth chart.

Welcome back Ken.

Also, post more. I love to read your stuff.

Actually, it might not be that bad. The Jets are scheduled to play the Pats, Titans, Saints, and Texans to start the season. I wouldn't have been surprised if they started the season 0-4 or 1-3 even with Calvin Pace in the line up. Personally, I think all four of those teams may be better than the Jets.

I think its a no brainer that all 4 of those teams are better than the Jets.

The Jets are flush with quality depth at LB, no worries, the #1 D in the AFC can take a set back like this with no fall off.:rolleyes:

It will be a good oportunity for some of the young guys to step up and gain valuable game experience.

True but not for the 1st 4 games of the season..Timing is very bad :banned:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye