PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A couple of bad news posts for Jets fans on Florio's new site - Pace Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
All this gay talk is surprisingly on topic for the ********************* the jets will be taking in week 2

And weeks 1, 3, and 4 because of sheer idiocy or ignorance depending on what story you really believe.

The suspension could be the difference between getting into the playoffs and being an under .500 team again.

Re: A Couple of bad news posts on Florio's new site for Jets OLBs - Pace Suspended

Is this really a surprise? Pace was terrible in Arizona, he obviously didn't just turn on a switch in New York that all of a sudden made him good over the course of a year.

Ah, now this is, to me, the really interesting part of this story. A 1st-round draft pick is pretty much a washout for 4 years. Then in his 5th contract year he suddenly lights it up and scores himself a huge FA deal. A year later, he's suspended for performance-enhancing drugs. If that doesn't set of big flashing warning lights, I don't know what does.

Re: A Couple of bad news posts on Florio's new site for Jets OLBs - Pace Suspended

Ah, now this is, to me, the really interesting part of this story. A 1st-round draft pick is pretty much a washout for 4 years. Then in his 5th contract year he suddenly lights it up and scores himself a huge FA deal. A year later, he's suspended for performance-enhancing drugs. If that doesn't set of big flashing warning lights, I don't know what does.

=====================================================

You have a point.

But on the other hand, it wasn't till after Izzo sighned with the Jets that Pace got in trouble. Maybe there is no connection, just saying.:rolleyes:

I enjoy it as much as anyone when misery befalls the hapless jests, but fans always set themselves up to look like hypocrites when they try to make it something more, because eventually someone will test positive on their team and it'll inevitably come back to bite them. The Jest fans talked up Rodney's usage and now they have egg on their face yet again, but every team has these guys. If Vrabel tests positive at this point, or a number of Pats current and former players, they'd fit the criteria of "making a mysterious improvement in their game" or "being able to play at a higher level longer than their bodies naturally should have let them," and we'll look dumb for harping on Pace. He got busted, it'll hurt their defense, and for that I'm happy, but beyond that it's pretty standard for all teams in almost every sport. It's not like there are teams that specifically sign guys because they use PEDs.

Last edited:
I enjoy it as much as anyone when misery befalls the hapless jests, but fans always set themselves up to look like hypocrites when they try to make it something more, because eventually someone will test positive on their team and it'll inevitably come back to bite them. The Jest fans talked up Rodney's usage and now they have egg on their face yet again, but every team has these guys. If Vrabel tests positive at this point, or a number of Pats current and former players, they'd fit the criteria of "making a mysterious improvement in their game" or "being able to play at a higher level longer than their bodies naturally should have let them." He got busted, it'll hurt their defense, and for that I'm happy, but beyond that it's pretty standard for all teams in almost every sport.

I don't even worry about it unless it's actually a performance enhancing drug of the sort that will actually make a difference. For crying out loud, caffeine is a performance enhancing drug. The players in the various leagues should never have allowed for a testing program that's anything approaching the Orwellian systems that they've caved on.

I enjoy it as much as anyone when misery befalls the hapless jests, but fans always set themselves up to look like hypocrites when they try to make it something more, because eventually someone will test positive on their team and it'll inevitably come back to bite them. The Jest fans talked up Rodney's usage and now they have egg on their face yet again, but every team has these guys. If Vrabel tests positive at this point, or a number of Pats current and former players, they'd fit the criteria of "making a mysterious improvement in their game" or "being able to play at a higher level longer than their bodies naturally should have let them," and we'll look dumb for harping on Pace. He got busted, it'll hurt their defense, and for that I'm happy, but beyond that it's pretty standard for all teams in almost every sport. It's not like there are teams that specifically sign guys because they use PEDs.

I'm not sure I like the tone of your voice there. There's no reds in these parts.

I don't even worry about it unless it's actually a performance enhancing drug of the sort that will actually make a difference. For crying out loud, caffeine is a performance enhancing drug. The players in the various leagues should never have allowed for a testing program that's anything approaching the Orwellian systems that they've caved on.

I agree, and it's a media-driven thing. People get whipped up into a frenzy and the leagues either have to risk looking bad to the fans in the media by letting it go, or foolishly try to think they can actually rid the league of all PEDs and institute a draconian program like this. The NFLPA was downright pathetic under Upshaw (and still is) and now they're paying the price for it.

Players are going to use, and it's not endemic to any single team. If fans think that the few names they catch outweighs the negative repercussions of "clamping down" in totally unreasonable ways I think they are mistaken.

the only performance enhancing drugs that will help the Rats are brain cells...dumbest franchise in ANY sport in history.

=====================================================

You have a point.

But on the other hand, it wasn't till after Izzo sighned with the Jets that Pace got in trouble. Maybe there is no connection, just saying.:rolleyes:

Sure there's a connection. When Izzo signed, Pace said to himself, "Oh s***, now we've got a guy from a REAL football team on our roster, I better do something desperate or I'm going to get cut."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes