PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

A couple of bad news posts for Jets fans on Florio's new site - Pace Suspended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: A Couple of bad news posts for Jets fans on Florio's new site- Pace Suspended

How long was the Yankees' playoff streak again? I can already tell that you're going to disagree with me that that's a meaningful measure, but Theo Epstein disagrees with you. Good MLB GMs acknowledge that once you make the playoffs, pretty much anything can happen. In a game where the difference between a historically good and below-average player is hitting the ball less than one more time in ten, the sample size is just too small. Making the playoffs is the key, and only really good teams make the playoffs in the MLB.

Say what you want about the Yankees, but 2008 was the first time that they've missed the playoffs this decade. Now you can argue (and I would) that with their payroll it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a championship, but they're hardly struggling over that time period. Unless your definition of success is making the playoffs *every* year in the decade, in which case every team in the league is struggling.

The Yankees, they of the 26 World Series titles, do not measure success by simply getting to the playoffs, they measure it by winning the world series.

The point I was trying to make was despite having a high payroll, they made the World Series a grand total of zero times, losing the ALCS to the Red Sox in 2004 ( you remember that juicy little gag job, do you not?), then losing in the first round in 2005, 2006 and 2007 and not making the playoffs last year.

Not exactly the return on ones investment one would hope for, is it not?

The jury is still out on this year, time will tell...................

Re: A Couple of bad news posts for Jets fans on Florio's new site- Pace Suspended

True but not for the 1st 4 games of the season..Timing is very bad :banned:

=================================================

Pace will be back for game 5 when the Jets play the AFCE champs, so that will be a plus. :D

I admit it sucks for the Jets, but it's just one guy, iffin it was Kris Jenkins then I would be much more bothered.

Adailius went down last year for the Pats, was that a problem?:rolleyes:

Pace will be back for game 5 when the Jets play the AFCE champs, so that will be a plus. :D

I admit it sucks for the Jets, but it's just one guy, iffin it was Kris Jenkins then I would be much more bothered.

Yes.......But if it happens again this year, we still have God...I mean woods, the mystery man himself in Crable and we cant forget the forgettable TBC.

Yes.......But if it happens again this year, we still have God...I mean woods, the mystery man himself in Crable and we cant forget the forgettable TBC.

There are already two separate threads about this exact topic. I'm surprised that, with your incredible 720 point reading comprehension, you couldn't figure out that this isn't one of them.

There are already two separate threads about this exact topic. I'm surprised that, with your incredible 720 point reading comprehension, you couldn't figure out that this isn't one of them.

Can you really just hop off my piece, I mean you are just following and quoting me everywhere aren't you? where is your boyfriend? :confused:

Last edited:

Can you really just hop off my piece, I mean you are just following and quoting me everywhere aren't you? where is your boyfriend? :confused:

What's with the gay obsession? Don't have a problem with it, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. I don't swing that way.

What's with the gay obsession? Don't have a problem with it, but you're barking up the wrong tree here. I don't swing that way.

He's an mma fan, which is exponentially more homoerotic than even football. So, you know, he's probably projecting.

He's an mma fan, which is exponentially more homoerotic than even football. So, you know, he's probably projecting.

LMAO I knew you would show up!

Yeah, I've always operated on the premise that any sport which has a move called the "rear naked choke" is pretty gay (not that there's anything wrong with that of course).

Last edited:

Yeah, I've always operated on the premise that any sport which has a move called the "rear naked choke" is pretty gay (not that there's anything wrong with that of course).

Yeah I guess martial arts is gay now :(

The defense was already bad; they couldn't have gotten much worse.

Yeah I guess martial arts is gay now :(
Jiu_Jitsu.ashx

Last edited:
MMA is one of my favorite sports, definitely not gay in the least, but TripleChamp you give Bisping a bad name imo.

MMA is one of my favorite sports, definitely not gay in the least, but TripleChamp you give Bisping a bad name imo.

I like MMA too, and the ground game is totally homoerotic.

oh, I like MMA. The level of strategy involved is deceptive and pretty intricate. Just pointing out that someone who broadcasts his love of MMA as much as this guy does probably shouldn't go around calling everyone else gay.

oh, I like MMA. The level of strategy involved is deceptive and pretty intricate. Just pointing out that someone who broadcasts his love of MMA as much as this guy does probably shouldn't go around calling everyone else gay.

yeah, there's quite a bit of overcompensating on these boards I've noticed.

All this gay talk is surprisingly on topic for the ********************* the jets will be taking in week 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back