PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

8/17 Training camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
@KevinRDuffy: Pats experimenting w/ several different personnel groups. Secondary today often comprised of Butler, McCourty, Tarell Brown, Harmon, Chung.

Duron Harmon spent most of Patriots practice at free safety today.

Doug Kyed

Just seen a tweet that Solder was working out at LG. I suspect that's a typo because that seems bizarre to me. I've asked for clarification.

@DougKyedNESN: Rookie guard Tre' Jackson was carted off the field with a hip or lower back injury. Went down after Patriots individual drills

Uhhhhhh...
nooooooo

@PatriotsInform: Hearing 50/50 on whether it was an injury or heat/exhaustion related for Jackson. Very little information is known.

@MarkDanielsPJ: At first, It looked like an injury to Jackson's right leg. The trainer kept putting pressure on his hip. Then he was grabbing his back.

Mathis is a must if this is bad, ugh

Obviously not a good sign, but it also sounds kind of like a cramp (which would make sense in the heat). We'll see.

The Jackson injury could really hurt. By all accounts he was ahead of Mason and was/is a starting G. Would really hate to have him go down this way.

The secondary interests me. I am starting to wonder if McC to cornerback is "an actual thing". I'm hoping he stays as the starting safety - but I tend to believe BB has lots of confidence in Harmon. Truthfully : Harmon and the rookie Richards are far better than the CBs like Fletcher and Ryan...

Hope Brown wins that job.

Hope Jackson is just a heat cramp. Considering they were working on 2 parts of him that gives me hope it was more likely cramps. It be a very odd thing to instantly hurt your hip and back at the same time just doing usual drills.

Glad Brown is making a few plays. I think he is the best shot of a decent #2 CB as things stand.

Probably a situational thing, but Butler-Brown-McCourty-Harmon-Chung is probably the best 5-DB combination the team has, from a talent standpoint. Worth noting that Harmon was getting work at CB in the last preseason game too.

@DougKyedNESN: Rookie guard Tre' Jackson was carted off the field with a hip or lower back injury. Went down after Patriots individual drills

Uhhhhhh...

You have to be kidding me. Ugh.

Doesn't Jackson have suspect knees? I'm getting sick to my stomach...

Football Gods are against us with all of these injuries., looks like we will have to beat the refs and the football gods to have a chance at a repeat.

@PhilAPerry: Rookie guard Tre' Jackson was carted off the field with what looked like a lower-body injury. Lots of playing time for David Andrews at OG.

Wendell
Mason
Kline
Andrews

Please be ok, Tre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore