PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

DRAFT 2024 NEP 3RD Overall Pick - DRAKE MAYE

Thanks BGC

QB is not an individual position imo its actually a team position.
Unfortunately hes not coming to a good team situation esp. on offense.
The minions in NE FO are now talking about shoring up OL and offence. NOW? AFTER FA and 1st round?
Bill said play them when you feel they are ready.
Thats not easy to evaluate with OL/O situation that they have as he can attest himself : )
Believe me I agree good buddy

I was leading the charge to trade for Aiyuk, Higgins and others last year. I just keep telling myself this is a 2 year rebuild. We have our QB and should come away with another really good player at WR/T.
The most important aspect of QB play is not a particular skillset but confidence (as QBs say themselves).
Is there a good bet he builds his confidence in situation hes coming to?

The only good thing is Jacoby is in the building, so hopefully the long game plays out..

-.-
We have time bc of his age and I definitely lean towards him sitting unless we come away with Deebo with a future pick and grab a quality tackle or even another wr at 34. Now we're cooking.

That said, again I have no problem at all going with JB for a year and really focus on Mayes concerns.
This is Mahomes/Allen type stuff here. Mac Jones maybe makes 1 of these type plays in a season. Maye doing it multiple times in a game
Oh he's an absolute beast. Again I just keep coming away with "aggression" when watching him. In every aspect, the kid is very confident, aggressive and has the ammo to go toe to toe with anyone if he hits his ceiling.

Some might have liked Daniels or JJ more but you can't be mad at this pick.

Rumors are the Vikings offered 3 1st rounders (one 2025).

It was the right move not to take that deal
I call ******** on that report. It is easy to make up that rumor after the fact when it no longer matters.

If Maye looks good, viks can't be blamed because, "they tried their best to get him" and if he busts, then the pats look bad for passing up that offer and the viks get to say that they never offered that.

I call ******** on that report. It is easy to make up that rumor after the fact when it no longer matters.

If Maye looks good, viks can't be blamed because, "they tried their best to get him" and if he busts, then the pats look bad for passing up that offer and the viks get to say that they never offered that.
Given what happened to the Vikes, I'd say it's not only plausible but likely. The move to get that extra pick was too costly. They were clearly doing it with the intent of moving up to the top 3. Why would they make that trade if they weren't intent on moving into the top 3? ANSWER: they wouldnt

Or that's what happened because they liked Maye. It's not always games with the media, it is sometimes though.

Life is replete with "If's". When I was a kid and I would say "If" to my Grandfather, he'd usually respond with: "If your Auntie had balls, she'd be your Uncle!".

Life is replete with "If's". When I was a kid and I would say "If" to my Grandfather, he'd usually respond with: "If your Auntie had balls, she'd be your Uncle!".
Unless of course that's how she identifies

Going through various scouting reports, Maye's issues are mostly correctable and I strongly support sitting him for at least half a season to get his mechanics fixed first. Next season is too early to think about the Playoffs so I don't see why we should rush Maye onto the field unless he blows away the QB competition in training camp.

Unless of course that's how she identifies
That wasn't a "Thing' back in that day. Even homosexuals identified as either male or female. At least every one of the ones that I ever knew.

If the Vagiants had given ass-urances that they wouldn't pick Maye, then not trading with them was a ****ing gutless ****y move.

I'd like to see if he's ready by week 8.. watching his interview the kids confident, ready to work and has leadership abilities. Excellent pick!

I'm in disagreement with Phil perry about the team not going to do anything this season. This defense continues to be disrespected. I'm expecting some skill position pick ups today along with O line help. Keeping my eyes on a potential trade for a game changer also.
Was gonna say, ideally, if he's truly the guy (like Mac was at the end of TC/Preseason), I'd want him to start Week 6-7 at the absolute earliest. Going from 12 games started to 17 plus 2-3 preseason time (because Maye'll need the experience) has always seemed like a big jump what with adjusting to everything.

What?
He goes thru 2 and 3 reads regularly, where do you get he is slow, he more often goes thru the reads too quickly than too slowly.
He doesn't have accuracy issues, where do you get that from? Every advanced stat he has high accuracy, the tape shows high accuracy. It's just not true.
Against Top 25 teams his last 2 years: 1-3 record, 56% 250yds 2.3TD 1INT avg per game

That being said, the only full games of his I watched were his worst ones, like 44% against unranked Clemson last year. That was just a poop show, with bad throws and bad oline and bad drops when the throws were good to incredible. Looked like the Pats this past season and the PTSD probably turned me off of Maye. I've since changed my tune and thought that was unfair of me. I really like this guy and hope he kicks butt. Gotta give him time to develop. His 1st full season starting will probably be ~6-11 and that's OK if he's heading in the right direction. Burrow was 2-7-1 as a rook. Almost all the HoF QBs had sub .500 records in their 1st few years of starting.

Was gonna say, ideally, if he's truly the guy (like Mac was at the end of TC/Preseason), I'd want him to start Week 6-7 at the absolute earliest. Going from 12 games started to 17 plus 2-3 preseason time (because Maye'll need the experience) has always seemed like a big jump what with adjusting to everything.
Agreed. As Mac had played just as well as cam did that camp. Cam actually had a great camp and was the starter. When he went on the hiatus is what untilmately allowed the team to go with Mac instead. I'll say this.. is maye is ready and convinces the coaching staff that he can lead this team then allow him to start. We have Brissett there as a great mentor for maye.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back