PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION 2022 NFL Playoff Sunday - Wild Card Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
Harbaugh overthought it, horrible clock management
"We wanted to score without giving the ball back. We think we’re going to get in the red zone, we think it’s going to be a certain number of plays, and we’re going to work right down to the end of the game. Rather than score with 30, 35 seconds left, you give them a chance to go kick a field goal at the end.
“So, I think we played it right."
Uh, no you didn't. That was the worst clock mgmt I have seen in a while, really, really bad.

Daboll is absolutely Coach of the Year. The Giants just won a playoff game on the road with essentially the same team that went 4-13 last year with Joe Judge as head coach.

I agree that Daboll is COY, but it's not quite the same team as last year. Evan Neal and Thibideaux have made a huge difference for them as well as a revamped offensive line.

Random thought from last night, when the fumble return almost wasn’t because of a block in the back

When you’ve got four guys running with the ball carrier, turn around and block somebody! A caravan running along like a herd of gazelles doesn’t do much good for anybody
thought the same thing. And they are running with arms in the air with 40 yards to go. Andrews was the only threat, take him out.

Any day that includes a season-ending loss for Miami and Baltimore is a good day. The Bills and Cincy should have coasted to comfortable wins against Thompson and Huntley. Very surprised how close both games were. If they play like that again against a competent passing game their season will over.

Tbh, with our decent health now and some amount of decent playcalling we could have been a competent threat down the stretch in post season ...

I agree that Daboll is COY, but it's not quite the same team as last year. Evan Neal and Thibideaux have made a huge difference for them as well as a revamped offensive line.

It just shows how bad Joe Judge was. I mean they added a couple pieces sure but Daniel Jones looked bad last year and word was the giants were looking to replace him and they were 4-13

Now all of a sudden they are in the divisional round and Daniel Jones looks like "the guy"

Proof how much coaching matters and how Joe Judge had no business coaching our QB and offense. But also proof how quickly it can turn around with the right coach.

Bucs are absolutely winning tonight right? I mean Brady at home and dak Prescott has looked horrible lately

time for CBS to put Romo out to pasture. not sure what happened because I thought he was great the first year or two but it’s just gotten worse and worse

I guess since he didn’t have the opportunity to suck Mahomes off today (his favorite pastime) he switched to Allen instead. some of the things he said would make Collinsworth blush

"here comes the ONSLAUGHT" when the Bills offense takes the field after half. Allen gets strip sacked and the ball is returned for a TD

“this can’t be how the Bills season ends!” what about the Dolphins season?
He went from being the best with great inside into the on field game to being a total schmuck that arrives for games totally unprepared and simply winging in.

He is phoning it in. Nantz should be pissed.

He went from being the best with great inside into the on field game to being a total schmuck that arrives for games totally unprepared and simply winging in.

He is phoning it in. Nantz should be pissed.
I think this was expected, at least from my POV. He came in and knew calls because he was just removed from playing. Now, he's a few years removed and he's playing experience is less relevant.

I have to half wonder if Romo is either high as a kite on these broadcasts or CTE is starting to affect his cognitive abilities. He seems like he's just making crap up without thinking it out at all. Near the end of the half he made the case that Miami by running the ball and getting Buffalo to burn a timeout took away there abilty to mount another drive. The clock went from 1:19 to 1:16. Buffalo and KC put up 20-somethiung points between them last year with less than two minutes left. 1:16 in today's NFL is a lifetime.

He was making crap up on a few DPIs as well.

Any day that includes a season-ending loss for Miami and Baltimore is a good day. The Bills and Cincy should have coasted to comfortable wins against Thompson and Huntley. Very surprised how close both games were. If they play like that again against a competent passing game their season will over.

I would've preferred to see the Bills lose but hopefully that comes soon. Glad Cincy won, that Hubbard rumble with the fumble recovery was epic.

I read this somewhere and thought it was funny:

I like to sit outside, drink beer, and holler at people.
If I do this at home, the police are called and I go to jail.
But if I do this at a football game, I fit right in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST