PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

‼ Peacock / NBC to stream an Exclusive Wild Card Game ⁉

Pape

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score

Here we go... First Prime streaming NFL Games, now we get a playoff game heading to a streaming service... NBC will not carry it on TV... streaming only...

this is just plain out and out bad... pretty soon, or eventually if you prefer, the super bowl is going to be a ppv event if this trend keeps up...

i don't like it, not one bit... And who actually pays to watch peacock?

If this makes money, soon fox and Bspn/ABC will follow suit, wanting exclusive streaming games... follow this thru to its conclusion... television is dying... eventually tv will be replaced by streaming... Having to get multiple streaming services just to watch the nfl? Think if that happens i will bow out...

Mark Cuban is seeming awfully prophetic right about now...

Last edited:
I cut the cord years ago. YouTube TV + a few streaming services. I'm definitely paying a little more than I used to for cable but the libraries available to me and ease-of-use is a lot better than if I just had cable.

I cut the cord years ago. YouTube TV + a few streaming services. I'm definitely paying a little more than I used to for cable but the libraries available to me and ease-of-use is a lot better than if I just had cable.
The idea behind cord cutting is to pay less, no? And to watch without ads? Gotta pay more to do that, or get stuck with ads again... all in all streaming sucks ... Catalogs full of re-runs and crap you'll never watch...

i have dumped every single streaming service I used to have except Prime... but thats gone when the yearly sub is up... Its all garbage

Won't be me. Greed is not so good. I could care less about the sox too.

The idea behind cord cutting is to pay less, no? And to watch without ads? Gotta pay more to do that, or get stuck with ads again... all in all streaming sucks ... Catalogs full of re-runs and crap you'll never watch...

i have dumped every single streaming service I used to have except Prime... but thats gone when the yearly sub is up... Its all garbage

It's the only place there are halfway decent scripted shows.

I am hoping this crashes and burns. Hopefully, nbc does not even make enough to offset what they spent for this. That way the NFL and NBC pays a heavy price and this sends a message to all media companies to not become greedy.

I am hoping this crashes and burns. Hopefully, nbc does not even make enough to offset what they spent for this. That way the NFL and NBC pays a heavy price and this sends a message to all media companies to not become greedy.

Here we go... First Prime streaming NFL Games, now we get a playoff game heading to a streaming service... NBC will not carry it on TV... streaming only...

this is just plain out and out bad... pretty soon, or eventually if you prefer, the super bowl is going to be a ppv event if this trend keeps up...

i don't like it, not one bit... And who actually pays to watch peacock?

If this makes money, soon fox and Bspn/ABC will follow suit, wanting exclusive streaming games... follow this thru to its conclusion... television is dying... eventually tv will be replaced by streaming... Having to get multiple streaming services just to watch the nfl? Think if that happens i will bow out...

Mark Cuban is seeming awfully prophetic right about now...

I understand the anger and frustration, but how much does the NFL cost a year to be a fan?

It's pretty much free to watch most everything. So if the business model changes to some PPV I can't hold it against them.

It's preferable to having games in Europe,

i personally want to thank the NFL for their greed and for making my decision not to watch this game, even if it involves the Patriots

I understand the anger and frustration, but how much does the NFL cost a year to be a fan?

It's pretty much free to watch most everything. So if the business model changes to some PPV I can't hold it against them.

I don't know about you, but my cable bill and the sports package aren't exactly free... Now I have to pay a premium to watch the playoffs? I look at this as something they are trying to make me pay twice for

If we make the playoffs this year, it's even money that our game will not be shown on television... No thanks

Last edited:
They force you to pay NBC streaming if you want to watch the game.

It’s $5 a month

I liked the model where advertisers paid for it all while I ignored them and went and got a sandwich.

I haven’t watched a football game on the usual suspect channels in a loooong time. Streaming on one the “Reddit” options never fails…and it’s free. I understand the risks but I refuse to pay the NFL $. Even my 86 year old dad figured it out.

Streaming services are getting out of hand.

Ok, that’s one less game to watch. Greedy pigs at the trough.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back