PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Free Agents (rankings)... Which options can join the Patriots??

Akiem Hicks may be a realistic possibility. If he wants to win this may be a good fit for both sides. Sign me up. I mean, sign HIM up.
Hicks is 32. Are you thinking a 1 year deal ala Ted Washington?

Hicks was hurt last year but when he played he was still a handful. If all he is offered is one year then he may go where theres familiarity. Whatever works.

I don't 2nd guess Bill much, but Akiem Hicks to this day baffles me.

Very good chance that he regrets it to this day as well. Only signed for 2 years and $10 million, which should’ve been a no-brainer match for the Patriots. I remember a reliable source at the time writing that Bill called the Hicks at the 11th hour, trying to convince him to stay (can’t recall whether he matched or exceeded the Bears’ offer) but Hicks wouldn’t go back on his verbal commitment.

Still baffles me also that they lowballed him, after he really started to blossom during the last half of the year and in the playoffs in 2015-16. He would have been able to do a lot of the things that Seymour had done for Bill (Seymour was better but Hicks at his peak was dominant in his own right) and likely would have terrorized Foles in the SB.

I don't 2nd guess Bill much, but Akiem Hicks to this day baffles me.

I agree completely. Baffles me too. Hicks just walked out the door for $5M a year. I love BB but he must consider this one of his biggest screw ups.

No one is trading for Ridley until he has made a decision on returning. Which he hasn't.

Why would the Pats need a Jackson replacement? They aren't letting him walk.. And I doubt they're gonna trade him. Not when they have just Mills, Williams and Wade. And Wade is an unknown.
Arthur Blanc made it sound like Ridley is up for trade. Buyer beware.

Hicks chose to leave. What are you baffled about?
He only left because he got low-balled, then wouldn't go back on his verbal agreement, from what I've read. He didn't want to leave.

He only left because he got low-balled, then wouldn't go back on his verbal agreement, from what I've read. He didn't want to leave.
Just because he got a lesser offer doesn't mean he was "low-balled". Low-balled = Insulting offer that the Pats knew he'd reject.

Hicks stated that he wanted to go somewhere that was rebuilding.

Akiem Hicks: No Regrets Leaving Patriots To Sign With Bears

Do you happen to have a link where he said he didn't want to leave and the Patriots low-balled him?

I would think that a list of Rosenhaus free agents would help us evaluate free agents likely to sign with us.

We usually focus on free agents that we as fans want.

I would think that a list of Rosenhaus free agents would help us evaluate free agents likely to sign with us.

We usually focus on free agents that we as fans want.
And we as fans are usually worse than the pros at picking someone who hasn't blown up yet. It's the nature of the beast. Timing matters because this is a capped league.

Just because he got a lesser offer doesn't mean he was "low-balled". Low-balled = Insulting offer that the Pats knew he'd reject.

Hicks stated that he wanted to go somewhere that was rebuilding.

Akiem Hicks: No Regrets Leaving Patriots To Sign With Bears

Do you happen to have a link where he said he didn't want to leave and the Patriots low-balled him?
No. Just remember hearing that and noticed that someone else said the same earlier. Could just be chatter.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back