PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2022 Free Agents (rankings)... Which options can join the Patriots??

Hicks might be one. BB loved him and he won't be too expensive. Upgrade at a position of need.

OBJ wouldn't surprise me. He'd fit any role the Pats need at WR. IF BB is actually going after a #1 (OBJ is more a high 2 now), he might be the one - but I still don't think that BB wants to build his team that way.

Rumors of Atlanta willing to move Ridley...$11 million price-tag right now, but it's a risk.

Don't want Ridley. I think he may be a head case. Patriots have enough things to fix.....

Allen Robinson maybe a 1yr prove it ?

Don't want Ridley. I think he may be a head case. Patriots have enough things to fix.....

Allen Robinson maybe a 1yr prove it ?
Chark and Jarvis Landry.
Mike Williams would be a pipe dream.
I don’t want to pay a ton for Godwin or Adams.
Could the Dolphins move Parker?

Orlando Brown Jr, OT would be a great addition to strengthen the OL...
But, I think he may get tagged...

I would like Patriots to focus on 1 or 2 areas just in the Draft. While the other areas of need be addressed in FA.
Preferable, WR + LB in draft. DT/OL/CB in FA.

Chark and Jarvis Landry.
Mike Williams would be a pipe dream.
I don’t want to pay a ton for Godwin or Adams.
Could the Dolphins move Parker?
Miami moves from Parker only if McDaniels is willing to take the $100k/loss. I'm betting his white half agrees to it.

Miami moves from Parker only if McDaniels is willing to take the $100k/loss. I'm betting his white half agrees to it.

It is posts like this that leave me wondering if I should schedule a cognitive functioning/dementia appointment.

Paying 15+ million for players that aren’t WR1s (Mike Williams, DJ Chark, etc.) is compounding a problem. Regardless of a torn ACL I don’t think Godwin does much to open up the middle of the field & get safeties to back off for 20+ million a year. No thanks.

Trade for Calvin Ridley. He’s a top 10 WR that fits the offense & will have an 11 million cap hit. There is risk involved but that’s why he’s available.

On defense I’m a fan of Charvarius Ward and I think he’s someone who could improve on his next team. He had 51% comp pct. 73.6 rating against & has experience in a press man defense. Carlton Davis is similar.

Ridley + a JC Jackson replacement is realistic & allows them to enter the draft with flexibility IMO.

Last edited:
Two most important pieces to fix this offseason is WR and run-stuffing DT.

If JC leaves, I like Honey Badger. The guy knows how to win. I doubt KC parts with him.

Who knows about Folorunso Fatukasi? Seems like a younger and cheaper option than Hicks.

@Pape I am with you on Oluokun.

I may be in the minority, but I think the focus this offseason needs to be defense, both in free agency and the draft. If a great fit at WR falls to us at 21, I'm not opposed to it, but to me the offense can be better next year just as the result of Mac getting a full NFL offseason and all the new guys already knowing each other. I'm not saying they become a top five unit in the league, but I believe they're better than last year (where they still finished 6th in points allowed with some defensive scores to help out).

On defense, between the guys that are free agents and the guys that might need reduced snaps due to age, we have a lot more holes to fill. As it stands we need to resign or replace three linebackers and at least one CB (maybe two if Jon Jones isn't the same guy) just to get the bodies back to where we were in 2021. If we want to improve, we need more than that (another DT, improved LB's, and 1 more CB even if Jackson and Jones are back and healthy).

Again, if the right opportunity to add a legit #1 WR presents itself, go for it. But with more limited resources than we had last offseason, I want to see the defense get most of the love. The only thing the offense truly NEEDS from a numbers perspective is an O-Lineman to maintain five starters (two if they don't believe in Onwenu).

Godwin is a possession receiver so we're already set there with Bourne and Meyers. Need someone to seriously upgrade Agholor.

I like the franchise tag on Jackson, sign Allen Robinson, draft a 1st round CB, get some speed on the edge on Defense through the draft.
Our path to playoff success goes through Josh Allen's pass protection and ends in a sack.

They certainly could tag and trade, but you're right they could get nothing. Just like they give up nothing (but money) if they signed Godwin.

Seems like a wash to me.

I also feel JC is not a Gilmore type #1, while Godwin with a James White type, could make the offense a top 5 if Mac takes a leap.

The next order of business should be to give Mac the best opportunity to take that leap.

The offense ain't making ANY kind of leap unless you improve the O-line coaching. Period.

Allen Robinson

I like the idea of getting bigger up front, maybe Robinson of the Rams is someone that we look at.

how much space do we have to work with this year?

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back