PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2016 Practice Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think the Pats will look to get Roberts, LeBlanc and KGH back if they can on the PS. I don't know if they will but certainly they will try and if cut i think they will come here first as we brought them in first.

Losing LeBlanket was a rather sizeable loss. I suspect that they figured that his well-publicized, ahem, hip "issue" would scare other teams off, but that gambit did not work. Chicago knew how good he was from the practices and probably could not believe their eyes when they saw his name on the waiver wire.

Losing LeBlanket was a rather sizeable loss. I suspect that they figured that his well-publicized, ahem, hip "issue" would scare other teams off, but that gambit did not work. Chicago knew how good he was from the practices and probably could not believe their eyes when they saw his name on the waiver wire.
I realize that you were high on LeBlanc from day one, but let's pump the brakes on his enshrinement to the hall of fame. It isn't really "a sizeable loss."

The reality was that he showed enough during preseason/TC to warrant consideration for the practice squad, and was a CB7, possibly a CB6 (in Foxborough) at best.

Good lord--judging by some of the reactions here, you'd think we just waived Ty Law in his prime. The big disappointment is that we weren't able to place one of Roberts/LeBlanc on the practice squad for a longer look.

im disappointed the Pats didnt try and grab Reynolds before the Ravens put him on their PS

I realize that you were high on LeBlanc from day one, but let's pump the brakes on his enshrinement to the hall of fame. It isn't really "a sizeable loss."

The reality was that he showed enough during preseason/TC to warrant consideration for the practice squad, and was a CB7, possibly a CB6 (in Foxborough) at best.

Good lord--judging by some of the reactions here, you'd think we just waived Ty Law in his prime. The big disappointment is that we weren't able to place one of Roberts/LeBlanc on the practice squad for a longer look.
Yeah, a sizeable loss is having your star Quarterback miss the first four games of a season for something he didn't do thanks to a corrupt commissioner.

Last edited:
im disappointed the Pats didnt try and grab Reynolds before the Ravens put him on their PS
There is no spot for him. Besides you can sign him off their practice squad any time you want.

And now we know we are not bringing back Bryce some people loved in TC

I thought they should have kept one more CB, but believe it would have been Roberts over Leblanc. You can't argue with their judgement based on history. How many of these maybes have made it?

Bryce Williams will be a player to keep a eye on going forward

Practice Squad Signings Tracker - NFLTradeRumors.co
A complete list of every teams practice squad, it was funny to see some of the qb's who were at one point or another were projected as starters. Also the bills have a kicker on theirs and the Browns have a punter which seems really weird.

Would Deandre Smelter interest BB?

Missed last season due to ACL tear. Check.

Praised pre-draft for his "football intelligence". Check.

6'3". Check (for me at least).

Seems like a great PS developmental WR to me, once his hammy heals.

DeAndre Smelter waived with injury settlement

I thought before his injury in TC: Bryce Williams was having a good camp and then AJ Derby took off. I think it will be the Gronk and Derby show moving froward even if Bennett doesn't work out. The Pats are pretty much set @TE for while. I like that they kept Clay Harbor because he's a back-up for James Develin a player who can line-up also at FB. With the extra TE's/FB's that takes alot of pressure off our Fragile WR's. Our Big sets are going to be fun to watch because we can stretch the Field with TE's like Gronk and Derby... Defenses are going to have their hands full.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back