PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Draft Prospect Thread

Jarrett would also fall in to the new era Belichick DT that would typically be considered undersized, but overly athletic.

Here is his spiderweb.

http://mockdraftable.com/player/4877/

Interesting that Nunez-Roches is one of his comps - the Pats have shown interest in him too. RNR has one of the best engines in the draft - will chase RBs 40 yards downfield and runs sideline to sideline.

RNR looks an awful lot like Easley to me. Not to the sane level of explosion and athleticism, but an interior guy who wins with his first step and motor.

What are people's thoughts on Jeremy Langford as a potential 3rd down RB?

RNR looks an awful lot like Easley to me. Not to the sane level of explosion and athleticism, but an interior guy who wins with his first step and motor.

Me too but if Grady Jarrett is of interest then I can see it; Easley is South of 300lbs, RNR North. With Siliga and Branch on the team, any drafted DT isn't playing every down anyway and Easley will need to be backed up.

I cannot see Jarrett being a good fit unless we play a 1-gap scheme.

As I said to IM Fletcher, he's not likely to be a starter, at least initially so maybe they will be playing one-gap next to a 2-gap core of Branch and Siliga.

Lance Zierlein's list of the 50 "most intriguing" draft prospects:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...0-most-intriguing-prospects-in-2015-nfl-draft

Ali Marpet, Danielle Hunter, Owamagbe Odighizuwa and Leterrius Walton make the list (good call on that last one, Manx). So do TJ Clemmings, Bud Dupree, Paul Dawson, Shaq Thompson, Tevin Coleman and Grady Jarrett. And guys like Obum Gwacham and Anthony Chikillo.

Some guys make the list who I personally don't find very "intriguing", and there are some notable absentees:

- Marcus Hardison. Could he still be flying under the radar?
- Byron Jones. His play is good, but his athleticism is freakish.
- Eric Rowe. He moved really well at the Combine for his size. Is he that fast and mobile?
- DeAndre Smelter. How high is his upside?
- Max Valles. How do you reconcile his tape with his measurables?
- Shaq Mason. How much will his height limit him? He has everything else.
- Terry Williams.

Last edited:
Some guys make the list who I personally don't find very "intriguing", and there are some notable absentees:

- Marcus Hardison. Could he still be flying under the radar?
- Byron Jones. His play is good, but his athleticism is freakish.
- Eric Rowe. He moved really well at the Combine for his size. Is he that fast and mobile?
- DeAndre Smelter. How high is his upside?
- Max Valles. How do you reconcile his tape with his measurables?
- Shaq Mason. How much will his height limit him? He has everything else.
- Terry Williams.[/QUOTE]

This absentees looks like nice mock for me.

Greg Gabriel likes Davis Tull:
Davis Tull – Tennessee –Chattanooga

Tull is a fun guy to watch on tape because he makes plays all over the field and plays every down from snap to whistle. He is a top competitor who dominates the FCS level of competition. In his four years at UT – Chattanooga, he had a whopping 37 sacks including 19.5 the last two seasons.

While NFL scouts have known about Tull for quite some time, draft fans found out about him at the combine. At Indy, he weighed in a 6025 – 246. He didn’t run because of a hamstring issue but did leap 42.5” in the vertical jump and also had an 11’ standing long jump. Earlier this month, he ran at his pro day and timed 4.57.

On tape, Hull is a relentless competitor who makes plays from sideline to sideline. He has top instincts, plays with strength, and is consistently around the ball. While he is a good run defender, he is best as a pass rusher, where he shows an explosive bull rush as well as speed off the edge. He is good at putting counter moves together.

While Tull played down as a defensive end in college, he will be used as an OLB in the NFL. He will need to get comfortable in pass coverage. With his instincts, intelligence, and athleticism, that shouldn’t be a problem.

On the downside, Hull had labrum surgery shortly after his pro day. While he should be ready for the start of training camp, there is a possibility that he does miss some time. When you factor in that, as well as the fact that he will not be able to participate in OTA’s, and he is from an FCS school, his draft stock could drop a little. Still, he should get drafted in the third or fourth round. This is a player with a lot of upside and a bright future, so my thinking is that the injury will hurt him a little but not much.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/nfp-prospect-focus-bud-dupree-and-davis-tull/

Matt Miller has an interesting comparison for Damarious Randall:

3. FS Damarious Randall, Arizona State

The 2015 safety class is weak—both in free agency and the draft—which has me continually digging through more games to find a legitimate future starter talent. Damarious Randall is a legitimate future starter. He's built like a cornerback but is physical, fast and has the range to play center fielder in the NFL. It's dangerous to compare anyone to Devin McCourty, but they have serious similarities in their movements and style.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-millers-free-agency-week-2-scouting-notebook

1. Jake FISHER OL
2. Marcus PETERS CB
3a. Ronald DARBY CB
3b. David JOHNSON RB
4a. Marcus HARDISON DT/DE
4b. Nick MARSHALL QB/CB/WR Auburn

I like,as others do,several of the players on the lists. I would like some of these players and others.
3D RB D.Johnson or Langford round 4
OG Marpet R3/4 , Morse (Missouri) R6/7 and sleeper Harrison (Tex A&M) R7
WR Green-Beckham, Coates R1/2 and sleeper Conley (Georgia) R6/7
DT sleeper X.Williams (N.Iowa ) R7
DE Preston Smith R1/2 6-5 271lb 4:74 24rep 34v 10'1" bj 4:28 shuttle 7:07 cone 15tfl 9 sacks 1 Team All-Sec DE
CB Collins R1 /2 , Jones R2 or one of my favorites Rowe R4
I have learned, not to predict ,exactly where the picks should be. BB will probably move up or down ,depending on where, he thinks the value is for players. Collins has just had an operation and will most likely drop out of R1. Smith,Green-Beckham,Jones,Coates will all probably go late R1 or R2

I think his body will allow him to grow into more than a 3-tech get up the field disruptor. He'll be 320 after a couple of years of eating and training like a professional lineman.

Especially with the nfl weight programs now, he should be huge. Just look at Jonas gray kid looks like a moving block of granite.

Do you guys think the pats will take a look at receivers earlier now since Stevie Johnson signed elsewhere? I'm not saying he was a priority signing but it seems like they wanted something out of him. And that brings me to my second question. If DGB is available in the late second is he worth the trade up? I personally would do it.

I think his body will allow him to grow into more than a 3-tech get up the field disruptor. He'll be 320 after a couple of years of eating and training like a professional lineman.

He was 311# at the Senior Bowl, IIRC. Not that far away from 320#.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back