PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Draft Prospect Thread

LOL! Please, please, please let the Jets draft Winston.

Do you think this game is on him?

Not primarily. But he had some glaring errors. Especially that fumble. I think if he went to the NYJ and they had a game like 5this the NY press would lose their minds!

PS and can we as a forum please stop giving the FSU OL so much credit? They're ordinary at best.

Not primarily. But he had some glaring errors. Especially that fumble. I think if he went to the NYJ and they had a game like 5this the NY press would lose their minds!

PS and can we as a forum please stop giving the FSU OL so much credit? They're ordinary at best.

Cameron Erving isn't.

Is the Georgia Tech guard Shaq Mason a sleeper? He's 6'1", 311 lbs (Wendell is 6'2", 300) so he's on the smallish side but...

1. Named to the USA Today All-america team as starting OG and 3rd team All American behind Tomlinson, Cann, Kouandjio and Tre Jackson which is pretty good company.

2. Dane Brugler likes him:

OG Shaq Mason might be the best NFL prospect playing in the Orange Bowl. He's still flying under the radar

Looking forward to evaluating #GeorgiaTech RG Shaq Mason in the pre-draft all star circuit, outside of this scheme. VG movement skills

3. He's a smart guy, leader and captain:

Georgia Tech offensive line coach Mike Sewak has seen Mason share his knowledge and become a teacher in the film room not only in preparing himself but his teammates for games.

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/...4aab.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

4. The quickness of his feet reminds me of Jonathan Cooper. Gets to the second level like a sprinter coming out of his blocks.

Edit: He's clearly undersized at 6'1" and is probably no more than a day three prospect, but, my point is that he could be a really good day 3 option.

Last edited:
Eddie Goldman and Mario Edwards were poor last night.

I've got no problem if we go OL first. Prob don't have to trade up for a good one either. Wouldn't even mind a skill player at 64 rb/wr/te. We can go for depth defensive linemen like Terry Williams later. We might be able to get an edge rusher late in the first. That wouldn't be a bad thing. Especially, if we can't keep Akers.

I dont think it happens, but should Gordon drop late day 1 then I could see BB pull the tricker.

Not only where they poor, but the lack of stamina eliminate them from day 1 on my board.
i noticed that as well, awful stamina, while I was never a big Goldman fan, Edwards still appeals to me as a day 2 prospect

Are there any good WR prospects who are also good kick returnees? Potential some that would be available 2nd round or later

Cameron Erving, C: +5.5

Breakdown: Erving’s move to center is garnering a lot of attention in the scouting community and he put on a solid display in this one. Whether asked to open up cutbacks on inside zone plays or showing the athleticism to reach and open up holes on outside zone plays, Erving had an excellent day on his way to a +4.2 grade in the run game. He was sound in pass protection as well as he did not surrender a pressure on 50 attempts.

Signature Plays: Q1 3:44 Erving executes the reach to open up the hole for RB Dalvin Cook and shows more of the same on the first play of the second quarter against DTSam Kamp. At Q2 8:30, he does a nice job working off the double team and finding LB Joe Walker at the second level to help open up a big gain for Cook.

Cameron Erving, C: +5.5

Breakdown: Erving’s move to center is garnering a lot of attention in the scouting community and he put on a solid display in this one. Whether asked to open up cutbacks on inside zone plays or showing the athleticism to reach and open up holes on outside zone plays, Erving had an excellent day on his way to a +4.2 grade in the run game. He was sound in pass protection as well as he did not surrender a pressure on 50 attempts.

Signature Plays: Q1 3:44 Erving executes the reach to open up the hole for RB Dalvin Cook and shows more of the same on the first play of the second quarter against DTSam Kamp. At Q2 8:30, he does a nice job working off the double team and finding LB Joe Walker at the second level to help open up a big gain for Cook.

Very frustrating. I've been on the Erving bandwagon since last year, along with Brother Grid. When he struggled at LT this year I was salivating at the thought of getting him in the late 2nd round. That's a pipe dream right now. Everyone is on the Erving bandwagon these days.

Are there any good WR prospects who are also good kick returnees? Potential some that would be available 2nd round or later

Jamison Crowder or Lockett. My faves

I like Lockett alot. Good bloodlines, runs great routes and has very solid hands(that are soft):confused:

Is the Georgia Tech guard Shaq Mason a sleeper? He's 6'1", 311 lbs (Wendell is 6'2", 300) so he's on the smallish side but...

1. Named to the USA Today All-america team as starting OG and 3rd team All American behind Tomlinson, Cann, Kouandjio and Tre Jackson which is pretty good company.

2. Dane Brugler likes him:

3. He's a smart guy, leader and captain:

http://www.ramblinwreck.com/sports/...4aab.html?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co

4. The quickness of his feet reminds me of Jonathan Cooper. Gets to the second level like a sprinter coming out of his blocks.

Edit: He's clearly undersized at 6'1" and is probably no more than a day three prospect, but, my point is that he could be a really good day 3 option.

Shaq Mason = Josh Beekman?

Not only where they poor, but the lack of stamina eliminate them from day 1 on my board.

I have to review film of the game, but I wouldn't rush to judgment on that. Playing an up-tempo offense like Oregan puts a lot of strain on defensive linemen, so I wouldn't judge their "lack of stamina" too harshly. Mario Edwards lost a lot of weight to try and get lighter for Oregon (reportedly something like 30#) and it may have affected him. Goldman was coming off a foot injury. You may be correct, but I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

Jamison Crowder or Lockett. My faves
Love Crowder, really see the Antonio Brown comparisons now, similar games, home run hitter on the PR too

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back