PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2015 Draft Prospect Thread

Boise State RB Jay Ajayi is impressing the hell out of me in the Fiesta Bowl.

So this kid can run inside/outside, work out of shotgun, catch, and pass protect?

Sign me up.

So this kid can run inside/outside, work out of shotgun, catch, and pass protect?

Sign me up.

Yup. A RB who can actually run, receive and pass protect would be a terrific addition to the offense. Next to Tevin Coleman, Ajayi has been my favorite RB prospect for the Pats. My list is very simple:

- Top 50 pick: Tevin Coleman. 6' 210#.
- Day 2: Jay Ajayi, Boise St. 6' 216#.
- Day 3: Josh Robinson, Mississippi St. 5'9" 215#. "The human bowling ball".

Boise State RB Jay Ajayi is impressing the hell out of me in the Fiesta Bowl.
yeah hes good. runs with power in side but can get around the corner. looks pretty fluid. Although i'm spending more time reading up on DT and DEs than i am watching the game

Last edited:
In one of the threads on here about Running Back's/Ridley, I was saying Jay Ajayi is the back we need and would fit the Pats system perfectly good runner/pass catcher and dude is pretty good size round 6 feet tall/215ish. Forget Tevin Coleman and another plus is Ajayi can be probably had in the mid rounds!

Malcolm brown of texas is a back they'd like.

He'd fit if he didn't fumble

He'd fit if he didn't fumble
And today's wasn't close to the first. He's fumbled about ten times over two years, so I read. Moving right along . . .

Nice read on FSU DT Eddie Goldman, with some highlight clips:

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/fsus-eddie-goldman-makes-impact-coaches-envisioned/2211911

He has some nice things to say about Bryan Stork:
Goldman played 10 games as a freshman but had only eight tackles as he sat behind players like Everett Dawkins and current Baltimore Raven Timmy Jernigan. He also had the misfortune of going against future NFL center Bryan Stork in practice.

"I got him a few times," Goldman said. "But for the most part, man, he gave me my money's worth."

That was an amazing play, I had thought for sure that he went out of bounds but he hurdled and kept himself in bounds. Is he declaring?

Already declared which is interesting as he's only a RS Soph. But this is a really weak TE class.

Cam Erving is playing flawless football. outstanding zone blocker.

He's a prospect I would love to see the Patriots draft.

What are the chances he will be available where we end up picking (preferably 32)?

He's a prospect I would love to see the Patriots draft.

What are the chances he will be available where we end up picking (preferably 32)?

Lots of potential first round linemen so there's a very good chance he'll be there in the first. Might even be available with a trade back (or trade up with second rounder).

Lots of potential first round linemen so there's a very good chance he'll be there in the first. Might even be available with a trade back (or trade up with second rounder).

That is great news. Erving has been very impressive in the first half of the Rose Bowl IMO. Really hope the Patriots take advantage of the good depth along the offensive line early in the 2015 draft.

Seriously, I'm jealous seeing the pocket Winston has thanks in large part to #75 of FSU.

Salivating at the thought of having him (possibly) anchor the middle of the Patriots offensive line in 2015.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back