PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2012 Patriots Free Agency Wide Receiver targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i don't want burress at all..so dam slow...and that video..best catch of all time? LOL

I didnt say the catch was the best of all time, the guy who posted it on youtube did, though I do think it was art.

Burress might not be fast but can he get open? Can he block? Can he be effective against press coverage?

I forgot about Meahem, he would be a good fit too, it would give Brady the vertical threat he needs. NO EDDIE ROYAL LOVE, WHY?

I forgot about Meahem, he would be a good fit too, it would give Brady the vertical threat he needs. NO EDDIE ROYAL LOVE, WHY?

Has not been that good since his rookie year. Injuries and all plus he had/has a crappy QBs.

Meachem would be freaking awesome in the 2 role. His speed and strength on the outside would really help Welker and the Te's get some freedom. I'm gonna go have a beer and start campaigning outside my house after I finish this post.

Colston/Welker combo would be a very nice little combo for the next 3-4 years

Combing that with Fantastic TEs and that is devistating

Has not been that good since his rookie year. Injuries and all plus he had/has a crappy QBs.

Exactly, Royal was fantastic his first two years in the league when he had Cutler throwing to him, imagine what he could do with Brady. I just see him as a high reward cheaper signing. Royal can be explosive when somebody actually throws to him.

Im confused, Meachum was a top draft pick had problems catching, but he's been over that since 2008. Not sure what the other comment means.

Last edited:
Im confused, Meachum was a top draft pick had problems catching, but he's been over that since 2008. Nor sure what the other comment means.

He was talking about Royal

Exactly, Royal was fantastic his first two years in the league when he had Cutler throwing to him, imagine what he could do with Brady. I just see him as a high reward cheaper signing. Royal can be explosive when somebody actually throws to him.

A semi Branch like player. I liked him coming out of school.

Bring me the Bowe!

With Brady starting the season at 35 years old and theoretically 2-3 more highly productive years a real possibility, I am convinced that they will do something in FA at WR. I'm just not sure what it is.

It really is a shame that Ocho and TB weren't able to get on the same page. I' sure BB learned something from that- specifically what Ocho didn't do or have that would have allowed him to be more successful here. Higher football IQ? Background in the offensive system? Wish I knew.:confused:

Meachem would be freaking awesome in the 2 role. His speed and strength on the outside would really help Welker and the Te's get some freedom. I'm gonna go have a beer and start campaigning outside my house after I finish this post.

And he's only 27 years old.....

I'll take Reggie Wayne. BB loves him. He runs every route on the tree.

There aren't that many routes on the Colts tree...and no post snap adjustments save for scramble drills and that was where he and Peyton increasingly seemed to disconnect of late.

Bowe would last about three weeks with Brady before he started getting the cold shoulder if not worse (onfield evisceration) because of the inconsistent focus and the dropsies. Too many people evaluate these guys based on cumulative stats often amassed in losing causes because situationally they don't perform. Watch lowlights and not just highlights...

Branch isn't performing at anything approaching vet minimum level...I don't know what some people think they're watching. His coordinator and QB can and will tell you that even when they don't amass stats Welker and Branch contribute a lot by doing all the little things right that help their team win. It was the same deal when Branch was here before and it was only good enough for back to back rings and a SB MVP he should have co-won with the QB. Bill walked away from two of these kinds of guys once before, albeit reluctantly due to overblown contractual demands. and lived to regret it. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Welker will have a market to contend with because the assumption will be he can perform in any offense (albeit not at the level he performs at in this one that suits his skillset mentally and physically to a tee). Branch won't have a market because of Seattle. But Bill won't insult him because he didn't make him look bad trading another Moss season for a year and a half of him...

They're going to need to groom a replacement for Branch sooner than later, but that is easier said than done obviously...so he will finish his career here and not this season unless he goes down in a heap in the next several weeks.

What they need short term that has eluded them is a 3rd WR who is physical enough to get off jams and fast or agile enough to beat tight coverage and instinctive enough to assimilate into a sight adjusted offense and disciplined enough to perform consistently and mentally tough enough to take coaching from both the staff and his QB and mentally agile enough to translate all of that into performance on the field. Oddly that's not a combined skillset you generally find at the top of the draft. That's where you find gifted athletes who are sometimes one dimentional and increasingly as often as not morph into pains in the ass. Those guys will seldom turn out to be a good fit for this system in part because if you've invested heavily in them and lose them to injury or attitude issues you're not prepared to deal with the aftermath.

Being coachable and adatable and focused and driven is as much a part of what results in success or failure for a player here as talent is. Maybe more. They're all reasonably talented or they'd never have gotten this far. Mental toughness seems to be the rallying cry here every season with good reason. When we are we win or come damn close pending a lot of variables beyond anyone's control. When we aren't it doesn't matter how talented we appeared to be on paper. That's been SD's downfall for almost a decade now, and Indy's achilles heel for most of Manning's career (not to mention in his absence).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case