PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Season Trivia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my guess would be sometime in the 90s, however I never watched any drafts until the 2000s because I'm only 20 lol.

Well I am 30 and can go all the way back to 96 when Key Johnson was drafted high. That would be my best guess as I cannot remember a good QB that year. 2000 came to mind as I went through but believe Chad P. went in the first but he was the only one. Funny considering that Brady when late on day two.

Last edited:
Trivia Time #9

There has been much debate about trading Matt Cassel, and how much the Pats might get in return, based on the current quarterbacks available in this year's draft.

When was the last time there were no quarterbacks drafted in the first round of an NFL draft?​

Well my guess would be sometime in the 90s, however I never watched any drafts until the 2000s because I'm only 20 lol.

Well I am 30 and can go all the way back to 96 when Key Johnson was drafted high. That would be my best guess as I cannot remember a good QB that year. 2000 came to mind as I went through but believe Chad P. went in the first but he was the only one. Funny considering that Brady when late on day two.

Answer: 1996
The Rams selected Tony Banks in the second round with the 42nd overall pick in '96. This was certainly one of the weakest quarterback drafts in modern NFL history. Banks played for ten years and was the starter for six seasons, and Bobby Hoying and Danny Kannel were the only other quarterbacks from this draft to start a single NFL game.

Hmm nice call canadian, interesting info

Congrats to Canadian Pat'sFan on the '96 draft - I honestly thought nobody would get that one.

Here's a few other trivial tidbits from that 1996 draft:

- The Pats selected Terry Glenn with the overall #7 pick - Lawrence Phillips was #6, and Tim Biakabutuka was #8.

- After Phillips, Biakabutuka, and Eddie George were taken in the first round, the next running backs selected in the first three rounds were the not-so-famous Leeland McElroy, Detron Smith, Winslow Oliver, Moe Williams, Abdul Karim al-Jabar, Jerald Moore and Reggie Brown.

- The Rams selected Eddie Kennison one slot before Marvin Harrison was drafted by the Colts.

- Ray Lewis was the 4th linebacker drafted, at #26 overall; after Kevin Hardy, John Mobley and Reggie Brown.

- Some good value early in the 2nd round: Amani Toomer (#34), Mike Alstott (#35), and Lawyer Milloy (#36).

- After the Eagles selected Bobby Hoying at #86 in the third round, the Pats chose Tedy Bruschi with the next draft pick.

- Three picks after that the 49ers selected Terrell Owens.

- The 5th round may have had the best and worst values for draft picks. With the third pick of the fifth round and #135 overall, the Saints got Joe Horn. With the 19th pick and #149 overall, the Pats got a PR headache and essentially forfeited a draft pick with their choice of Christian Peter.

Last edited:
Trivia Time #10

Last year the Pats offense finished fifth in the NFL, averaging 365.4 yards per game.

Who were the four teams that finished ahead of the Pats in offensive yardage in 2008?​

Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos
didn't think of the other two didn't want to cheat

Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos

Man I thought Denver and Arizona right off as well....then I saw they were your two guesses already. Just a guess but other then these two I would have to put the Saints as Drew almost broke a prestigious record. The last one is tough I almost want to go with either Carolina and the Giants with the great running games but my gut tells me that Atlanta with Michael Turner and Matty Ryan we in the top 5. Time to go see me make a fool out of myself for actually putting the Falcons in the top 5:D:D But I do remember a lot of offense.

Wow, did not think of them!! Good one.

Man I thought Denver and Arizona right off as well....then I saw they were your two guesses already. Just a guess but other then these two I would have to put the Saints as Drew almost broke a prestigious record. The last one is tough I almost want to go with either Carolina and the Giants with the great running games but my gut tells me that Atlanta with Michael Turner and Matty Ryan we in the top 5. Time to go see me make a fool out of myself for actually putting the Falcons in the top 5:D:D But I do remember a lot of offense.

Saints has to be a lock for top 5 now that I think of it.

Trivia Time #10

Last year the Pats offense finished fifth in the NFL, averaging 365.4 yards per game.

Who were the four teams that finished ahead of the Pats in offensive yardage in 2008?

Arizona Cardinals
Denver Broncos

Wow, did not think of them!! Good one.

Saints has to be a lock for top 5 now that I think of it.

Answers: New Orleans Saints, Denver Broncos, Houston Texans, Arizona Cardinals

The Houston Texans were the tough answer, as they're a team that never makes the playoffs and gets little publicity. Though they ranked 3rd in yardage, they ranked just 17th in points scored. Matt Schaub and Sage Rosenfels combined to throw for 4474 yards; Andre Johnson had 1575 yards receiving, followed by Kevin Walter (899) and Owen Daniels (862).

The top ten: Saints (410.7), Broncos (395.8), Texans (382.1), Cardinals (365.8), Pats (365.4), Falcons (361.2), Giants (355.9), Packers (351.1), Eagles (350.5), and Panthers (349.7).

Trivia Time #11

In 2008 the Pats defense finished 10th in the NFL, allowing 309 yards per game.

How many of the top ten teams can you name?
Who finished first?
Who finished last?

1st Pitt, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York (G), Philly, Tampa, Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago

32nd Detroit

Edit: I'm sure I missed some in the top ten just guesses. Fixed names.

Last edited:
1st Pitt, Baltimore, Tennessee, Giants, Eagles, Tampa, Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago

32nd Detroit

I'm sure I missed some in the top ten just guesses.

With that many other teams this was by no means an easy question.

1st Pitt, Baltimore, Tennessee, New York (G), Philly, Tampa, Carolina, Minnesota, Chicago

32nd Detroit

I am late on this one but good job they would be my teams I would pick. I agree with all these picks.

Trivia Time #11

In 2008 the Pats defense finished 10th in the NFL, allowing 309 yards per game.

How many of the top ten teams can you name?
Who finished first?

Who finished last?

32nd Detroit

I am late on this one but good job they would be my teams I would pick. I agree with all these picks.

Nice job on this one, 8 out of 10 is very good. Carolina and Chicago were the only ones you named that were incorrect; Washington and Dallas were the teams you missed. I wouldn't have guessed either of those two myself. And yes, Pittsburgh was first while Detroit was last.

1-Steelers, 237.2; 2-Ravens, 261.1; 3-Eagles, 274.3; 4-Redskins, 288.8; 5-Giants, 292.0; 6-Vikings, 292.4; 7-Titans, 293.6; 8-Cowboys, 294.3; 9-Bucs, 306.1; 10-Pats, 309.0.

The Redskins were the only team among the top 7 to miss the playoffs. Four teams in the bottom half did make the playoffs: Carolina, 331.2 (18th); Arizona, 331.5 (19th); Atlanta, 348.2 (24th); and San Diego, 349.9 (25th). I had no idea the Falcons ranked so low.

Nice job on this one, 8 out of 10 is very good. Carolina and Chicago were the only ones you named that were incorrect; Washington and Dallas were the teams you missed. I wouldn't have guessed either of those two myself. And yes, Pittsburgh was first while Detroit was last.

Ahhh Dallas and Washington teams that fell apart the second half of the season, that's interesting the whole NFC East division made the top 10.

Ahhh Dallas and Washington teams that fell apart the second half of the season, that's interesting the whole NFC East division made the top 10.

Good observation about the NFC East!! Wash and Dallas I though were in the top 15 but truly believed that PatsChamp88 had it right. Nice question.

Trivia Time #12
Who led the AFC in yards rushing in 2008?
Who led the AFC in yards receiving in 2008?
Who led the AFC in yards passing in 2008?

Marshawn Lynch was my first guess then thought of Thomas Jones and Steve Slaton
Andre Johnson, I knew that right away
Peyton Manning or Jay Cutler, I thought Manning since he was MVP

EDIT: Fixed Order
EDIT2: NFC its Brees, Peterson(or Turner), Fitz

Last edited:
I am going to say Thomas Jones led the AFC in rushing as they had the two headed monster in Tennessee, LT and LJ had an off year and I just have a gut feeling about this one.

Andre Johnson has to be the answer....every Gameday final I watched this guy had over 100 yards every time.

I would say Phillp Rivers led the AFC in yardage with Vince Jackson emerging on the stage with Gates and Chambers. Jay Cuttler would have been my second guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back