PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

2008 Draft Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already done so earlier in the thread. As for your willingness to accept it as my point of view, who are you trying to kid? Are you or the rest of the homers assailing the people who agree with the picks and saying that they think they know more than Belioli and shouldn't be so condescending as to give the team a "good job" because it's arrogant?

Of course not. It's all about attacking those who dare to question the team. Well, I'm a fan, not a Stepford Wife. There are enough of those posting here already.

You're pretty touchy today, aren't you?

Go ahead and question the draft, but you don't have to be a douche about it.

So this is it. BB finally understood the need to draft LBs.
Yeah, he's such a dumb-ass. It took him way to long to smarten up. If he had drafted differently, we might have made the playoffs at least once in the past seven years :rolleyes:

In the 4th, this is what I can see Deus calling a reach.
It must be tough to be someone like Deus or Hoge, to be so much smarter than BB/SP and yet they get all the glory just for building the biggest dynasty in the FA era.

It must be tough to be someone like Deus or Hoge, to be so much smarter than BB/SP and yet they get all the glory just for building the biggest dynasty in the FA era.

Nah.... I don't have to be smarter than BB/SP. I just have to be smarter than you. And that was accomplished before I was even born.

Agreed. The only pick you can really slam in my eyes is the O'Connell pick. You look all over the draft and there a lot of so called reaches and real reaches. Mock drafts do not neccessarily reflect how people really feel about players. Otherwise, a guy like Dan Connors wouldn't have been selected in the 3rd round when most mocks had him as a late first.

I'm happy with picks ...not sure about a QB in the 3rd since he can be arguably considered a 4th - 5th rounder but QBs are alwazys a big need in general & usually go higher than projected.
Would like to get another CB / S / OL / DL .....good draft & always like the extra next year! (extra 2nd!)

Just went back through the past few pages -- can't believe how many different people declared O'Connell a "waste of a pick"! Huh? So now suddenly Cassel in the final year of his contract and a 2007 UDFA makes us stacked with QB depth? :rolleyes:

O'Connell is just the kind of QB you want to draft to behind a Pro Bowler. A work in progress, needs lots of technique refinement, but HUGE upside with ideal size, arm strength to burn, and strong leadership skills.

That said...#%&!! I wanted Red Bryant!!!

Nah.... I don't have to be smarter than BB/SP. I just have to be smarter than you. And that was accomplished before I was even born.

How old are you? Take a look at what you just posted.

I am thinking RB or TE for the next pick. maybe OL

We all realize as Pats fans that he is the best QB of all time....but not one fan in here is not embarressed by Brady's antics in this offseason.

Speak for yourself, sir.

I am thinking RB or TE for the next pick. maybe OL

way to narrow it down:rolleyes:

I'll say Kellen Davis TE
Thomas Brown RB
Jamey Richard C
Trae Williams CB
Jack Ikegwuono Cb
Marcus Howard OLB
Oneil Cousins OT
Tony Hills OT
Keenen Burton WR
Lavelle Hawkins WR

almost on the clock.

How old are you? Take a look at what you just posted.

I was capable of learning to both write and read posts that say:

My guess is that Belioli's superior knowledge makes this the right move, and that history will prove that. It doesn't mean I have to like it right now.

Spacecrime apparently wasn't capable of even learning to read them.

I'll toss my hat in for Burton, Kerry Brown, Rubin, Raynaud or Ikegwuono

Speak for yourself, sir.

so you wear eyeliner, hug baby goats, skip through Rome holding a manbag licking gelato?

If he wasn't as great as he is, he would be taking abuse like you have never seen around Boston.

my take on the Pats draft so far....(through 3 rounds)

1) Pats main needs are youth, smarts and athleticism at ILB, OLB and CB. Depth/ upgrade on OL.

Pats drafted high (first 100 players) a ILB, CB, OLB, QB and got a 2nd rounder in next years draft.

2) BB and Pioli (& scouts) are much better than NFL average at grading talent.

3) Pats were able to drop down a few picks in first round to save several millions in guaranteed dollars.

4) as a consolation prize - no high picks were used on a TE.

Wake up and smell the coffee all you chicken littles.

GOOD THINGS ARE HAPPEN'EN!!

(PAUSE - waiting for the inevitable :bricks: )

so you wear eyeliner, hug baby goats, skip through Rome holding a manbag licking gelato?

If he wasn't as great as he is, he would be taking abuse like you have never seen around Boston.

Have you been to Boston lately?

Have you ever had a gelato?

Jonathan Wilhite, CB, Auburn?

I guess this is the obligatory "Who?" pick of the 2008 Draft. . . .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand