2006 batch of fresh Kool-aid

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
BB cracks me up...

...on players performance this year...

"We're done talking about the regular season, or talking about the Miami game, drop kicks. I don't want to hear about any of that. It's a one-game season. It's Jacksonville. That's it. That's all I care about is Jacksonville. That's all this team cares about. That's all we're thinking about. I don't care about last year, last week, none of that really makes any difference. Right now, it's we have five more days to get ready for Jacksonville."

..dee-lish...

...just the look on his face when you ask him about anything else, one of absolute disgust...

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
BB cracks me up...

"We're done talking about the regular season, or talking about the Miami game, drop kicks. I don't want to hear about any of that. It's a one-game season. It's Jacksonville. That's it. That's all I care about is Jacksonville. That's all this team cares about. That's all we're thinking about. I don't care about last year, last week, none of that really makes any difference. Right now, it's we have five more days to get ready for Jacksonville."

..dee-lish...

...just the look on his face when you ask him about anything else, one of absolute disgust...

I love it. :D

Where's my koolaid?

Everybody get in line for your injection

DefenseRules said:
I love it. :D

Where's my koolaid?
here ya go D-Rules...

Attachments

• Kool-Aide man.jpg
    Kool-Aide man.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 15
You know, its interesting he specifically mentions he is done with the "drop kick" in this.

I haven't read any of the dropkick threads (bc frankly its just silly) so maybe this was brought up, but do any conspiracy theorists out there think part of BB called the play bc he knew that all the media buzz around the game wouldn't be that the Pats "tanked it" or "layed down" for the Fins, or "lost momentum" or any of that, but that the majority of media (at least national) coverage would be about the gimmicky 60-year-old play?

Again, someone might have brought this up before but it just occured to me. If its even partially true its a real stroke of media manipulative genius.

Halifax_Pats_Fan said:
BB cracks me up...

..dee-lish...

Is that Halifax NS or Halifax in the States?

If it's Halifax NS I'm from Dartmouth. :D Welcome either way.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
Is that Halifax NS or Halifax in the States?

If it's Halifax NS I'm from Dartmouth. :D Welcome either way.

NSPF, Halifax, Nova Scotia...Dartmouth actually....

Great forum, thanks for having me... :D

What is nice about the quote, is that the players all seem to be buying into the same philosophy. We are all fortunate to be pats fans in this day and age.

tombonneau said:
You know, its interesting he specifically mentions he is done with the "drop kick" in this.

I haven't read any of the dropkick threads (bc frankly its just silly) so maybe this was brought up, but do any conspiracy theorists out there think part of BB called the play bc he knew that all the media buzz around the game wouldn't be that the Pats "tanked it" or "layed down" for the Fins, or "lost momentum" or any of that, but that the majority of media (at least national) coverage would be about the gimmicky 60-year-old play?

Again, someone might have brought this up before but it just occured to me. If its even partially true its a real stroke of media manipulative genius.
I believe the best way to look at the drop kick is the less cynical one, BB was just having fun with his boys playing football. Media manipulation, tanking a game for fourth seed, etc. all of that pales in comparison to a bunch of guys just playing a game that they love. They had a football party to celebrate the end of the regular season and played for the pure love of the game. Very :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes