PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

#2 WR? Could be (don't laugh)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Bam Childress. :D I'm only half-kidding. I think this kid could be nearly as good as Branch... and hey, he's almost as tall. LMAO!!!

oldrover said:
Bam Childress. :D I'm only half-kidding. I think this kid could be nearly as good as Branch... and hey, he's almost as tall. LMAO!!!

I could see Bam as #3a with Bethel as #3b if we stand pat. I also see Bam getting a lot of action on ST. (Didn't he also play a couple of defensive series at the end of the year?)

You have balls, oldrover :) I surely wouldn't expect it but he was a stud coming out of High School, being Mr. Football in Ohio is no small accomplishment.

Be carefull Old Rover....I said something a bit less than this and MG took my head off...:(

i was kinda thinkin this the other day
but more of him becoming the #2 maybe a couple yrs down the road

he first has to prove he can do something on the field during a reg season game

but i def think he could be a big part of our offense in 06

Flying Fungi said:
I could see Bam as #3a with Bethel as #3b if we stand pat. I also see Bam getting a lot of action on ST. (Didn't he also play a couple of defensive series at the end of the year?)

the only way bam makes this team is if they dont get any more wrs(highly unlikely) or he makes special teams.

NE_PATS_FAN_54 said:
the only way bam makes this team is if they dont get any more wrs(highly unlikely) or he makes special teams.

exactly--if no new blood comes in, he is competing with Troy and Bethel for #3 or #4 I think...he could see spot duty as a returner as well, what with Dwight gone...bottom line is that he has stuck around for a reason, not unlike Dane Looker and Sean Morey...looking for a chance, and while it may not happen here, I could see him sticking to someone's roster...

Last edited:
My bold prediction of 2006.
Bethel Johnson becomes the #2 WR and catches 75 passes for over 1000 yards.

AndyJohnson said:

I think seeing 16 games from Bethel off the DL and out of the doghouse would have been bold. Do you get an April Fool's Day exemption on this prediction should it fail to come to fruition?

i like Bam. he showed some good things last game of season aswell as preseason. hes small and quick like Deion..hes more reliable than Bethel and id take him as our #5

AndyJohnson said:

waiting for the punchline...waiting....waiting...waiting...oh! that is the punchline!! LMAO!

AndyJohnson said:

You misspelled the third word. It's 'h-a-l-l-u-c-i-n-a-t-i-o-n.' You're welcome. LMAO!!! :D

I'm betting Bethel doesn't accumulate those numbers for his entire Patriot career.

AJ is that an April Fool's joke??? I wish it could happen..I wish BJ would finally get it..it would make a lot of Patriot fans happy. Not sure though..as far as Childress goes, number 2 is a few years away. He's a good kid and could in time become a 3 way player, He's a hard worker and for a UDFA who just arrived a day or so before training camp, learned a lot quickly. I like him a lot and hope he'll get a good shot at things.

I found myself cheering loudly for Childress in the preseason. Don't know why, it just felt right. He seemed like he had....something.

AndyJohnson said:

Bethel Johnson... Legs of a porsche, brain of a '68 VW microbus... can run the 40 in 4.3, usually does, even if it's a 10 yard route... can't get excited about being on a multiple super-bowl winning team... huge upside, in the unlikely eventuality that he ever gives a damn

Unbiased Kvetching Pats Fans Scouting Reportsâ„¢

But seriously... when the Pats first drafted Bethel, I thought, "with him and Branch on the same field, this is just going to be insane!" After the "40 time euphoria" wore off, Johnson proceded to disappoint regularly. I wish you the best in your prediction - it would be a pleasant surprise - but as of right now I'd sooner predict 1000 yards for Reche Caldwell.

PFnV

Watching Bam in the Miami game I was reminded of ... Troy Brown. He ran his routes, and settled into the seams more like Troy than Deion. Ol'Rover may be a year or two premature, but I can wait a bit longer to see if Bam develops the way Troy did.

At present, Bethel stands to get more playing time, but I wouldn't expect him to get #2 or #3 time because he (when healthy) is too valuable as a KR, and I don't know that he is durable enough to put in the time at WR and still be a threat to go all the way. I fully expect him to make the team.

CrazyDave said:
I found myself cheering loudly for Childress in the preseason. Don't know why, it just felt right. He seemed like he had....something.

I had the same feeling in training camp. That kid just eminates...something. (No, no, something good.) Energy, effort, determination, fun?

But no way is he 5'10" as patriots.com has him listed. Branch towers over him.

I think the Pats will pick up a proven #2 who's excelled in the playoffs and on a super bowl winner for short money.

Wait for it......

David Patten. :D

Bam and Watson

I found it curious that Childress was not allocated to NFLE. That is a very good sign for Childress! They thought so much of him that they activated him from the PS and played him in the Miami game to end the regular season. They kept him here to work on the off season conditioning and film work. He can also return punts and kicks.

What about Watson as the #2 WR? Far fetched? Whats the strength of the Draft = TE's. Go to a more power offense with two TE's and a FB/HB (Garrett Mills). Draft a second TE's (Fasano, Byrd, Day) With Neal re-signed and Koppen back we have a solid starting OL and very capable backups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye