PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0 in 2009 ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who wouldn't want 19-0 is just ****ing weird.

So the 19-0 talk starts up again.

Just remember there are tribes in Africa sporting some 19-0 Patriot shirts.

I think the Pats are going to be about 12-4 13-3. Your division isn't the cake walk it was in 2007.

When the hell did "want" equate to "predict"?

:ugh:
One has to understand the mentality of the Green...who have not been a decent time since????? Goes back a WHOLE long time.. and with Hollywood Sanchez and an overweight budget...and with big mouths like Rhodes..I can not wait to see the Green sink back into the ocean. Trolls like him know zilch!! So don't pay attention to them....
"Want" equals "predict" because they know not better..It's rather embarrassing!!

Last edited:
Why would you "want" something that's not possible???????????????????

Was anyone here talking or thinking 19-0 before the 2007 season. I wasn't until I heard analysts saying they thought it could happen. Even then, I just laughed like "Are you kidding me?" Now, come people seem to expect it to happen. I'm not saying it's wrong, just interesting.

One has to understand the mentality of the Green...who have not been a decent time since????? Goes back a WHOLE long time.. and with Hollywood Sanchez and an overweight budget...and with big mouths like Rhodes..I can not wait to see the Green sink back into the ocean. Trolls like him no zilch!! So fon't pay attention to them....
"Want" equals "predict" because they know not better..It's rather embarrassing!!

I know more about my team than you ever will. I also know how to spell.

LOL. I never said best. I said one of the best and an elite defense. The Pittsburgh Steelers are owners of the best D and it's not even close. So I don't know where you got that from.

And many of these "lifelong fans" since 2001, as pointed out earlier do have issues. Yes I can say hat without a sweat. Thinking about another undefeated season? Come on, be a little realistic. That is being the ultimate homer, and as far as I'm concerned, very spoiled.

I would be happy to make the god damn playoffs. I am expecting a 9-7 year and about a 50-50 shot at making the playoffs.

By the way; run along little cheater. :rolleyes:

I think you're expecting a bit much, but hey, you wouldn't be much of a fan if you weren't. I do agree with you that Pats fans are spoiled. Once Belichick and Brady are gone, most of them will disappear back into the woodwork though.

I'll at least be honest enough to say that I've been far more involved in following the team since 2000, and particularly 2001, and that's mostly because of Belichick and Pioli. I love the fact that coaches and GMs around professional sports are turning their sports into thinking-man's games. Kinda funny how we wound up with brainiacs on the Pats and in the FO for the Sox, then the Celtics have in many ways the opposite of that with Ainge. The guy has a myers-briggs typologist on speed dial help him make personnel decisions... :rolleyes:

Was anyone here talking or thinking 19-0 before the 2007 season. I wasn't until I heard analysts saying they thought it could happen. Even then, I just laughed like "Are you kidding me?" Now, come people seem to expect it to happen. I'm not saying it's wrong, just interesting.

A couple people on this board were, but they were dismissed as crazy homers.

I honestly don't see a team on the schedule that makes me think, "that team could beat the Patriots". Only one team has been able to really disrupt this offense and that was the NY Giants. Other than that, every team on the schedule doesn't have the personnel to duplicate what the Giants did. In fact, teams are going to have to out score the Pats to beat them. Even if Tom Brady plays like half of what he did in 2007, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go 16-0 again. With the addition of Fred Taylor, it will only make Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk and Laurence Maroney that much more effective. And not to forget, the Pats did a great job of upgrading their depth at TE. Last but not least, the Pats replaced Gaffney with Galloway which could be a huge upgrade because of Galloway's speed and route running.

On defense, I like their secondary. Their big (Springs and Bodden are at least 6 feet tall), physical (Bodden and Springs are afraid to jam someone), and has a nice mix of ball hawking corners (Wheatley, Whilite and Butler). However, the leadership of Harrison will be missed, but the Pats got more athletic at the safety position by drafting Chung (who most people compare him to Brian Dawkins). Also, Merriweather has improved greatly and should only get better. Lastly, Sanders provides good depth at either safety position.

The main question on people's mind's is who will start at OLB and MLB? How will the Pats generate a pass rush. For starters, an improved secondary will give whoever is rushing the passer that extra second to get to the QB. For instance, there where many times last year where the rushers where just a hair off of getting to the QB. That should change now. Although I have been a Pierre Woods hater, I'm willing to see what he can for a full season if given the starting job. If that doesn't work out, the atheltic Shawn Crable will be waiting. As far as the other MLB spot, I don't think Bruschi is a lock to start opposite of Mayo. In fact, for an undrafted rookie, Guyton played a lot last season and wouldn't surprise me to see him start opening day along side of Mayo. I will be rooting for Guyton to start because he can add his speed to a historically slow LB group.

I could see the Colts, Ravens, Saints, and maybe even Broncos giving us trouble.

I think you're expecting a bit much, but hey, you wouldn't be much of a fan if you weren't. I do agree with you that Pats fans are spoiled. Once Belichick and Brady are gone, most of them will disappear back into the woodwork though.

I'll at least be honest enough to say that I've been far more involved in following the team since 2000, and particularly 2001, and that's mostly because of Belichick and Pioli. I love the fact that coaches and GMs around professional sports are turning their sports into thinking-man's games. Kinda funny how we wound up with brainiacs on the Pats and in the FO for the Sox, then the Celtics have in many ways the opposite of that with Ainge. The guy has a myers-briggs typologist on speed dial help him make personnel decisions... :rolleyes:
Thank you. An all around, good, not homerish, biased post.

...or a realist.

:rolleyes:

Go Pats fans!

:rolleyes:

Why are you even here? Do you have nothing better to do than come to an opposing teams message board and talk sh!t? I would never dream of joining whatever the Jets boards are just to say how I think they suck. It seems really petty.

Most of us on this site are here to discuss football, and more specifically, the Patriots. Seeing as there are not many things going on right now in the NFL as a whole; 19-0 is a fun topic for us to dream about, discuss the pros and cons of, try to predict what games would be tougher, ect.

Why not just go to your Jets board and discuss what acts of God have to happen for your team to make the playoffs? Or who you all should beg to coach the team when Rex gets fired in 2 or 3 years.

So the 19-0 talk starts up again.

Just remember there are tribes in Africa sporting some 19-0 Patriot shirts.

I think the Pats are going to be about 12-4 13-3. Your division isn't the cake walk it was in 2007.

Most of the same goes for you. If you don't like the fans and topics here, the Star Tribune messageboard is always looking for posters (unless the Colts finally have enough fans to support thier own message board). And yes, someone is wearing the Pats 2007 19-0 shirts. The same people probably also have the Colts 2003 AFC Championship shirt, and the rings Marcus Pollard was getting fitted for.

I dont care if we go 8-8 and get the Wild Card just as long as we win the Super Bowl.

I know more about my team than you ever will. I also know how to spell.
Green slime ...go out and hey flushed away along with your losing team...Just a bunch of NY front runners...

How stupid are you to come to a PATRIOTS board and call out homers? WTF did you expect? dur.

I don't give a damn about the record, I want another ring. It feels like forever since we've won anything worth a damn, and I miss those days. I know it hasn't been forever but it feels it lol.

I want to see a 19-0 in 09 so bad because i can't find a reason to refuse it.:D:D:singing:

Do you want the same thing???;)

yeah.....but it will not be the same excitment at 2007 for me during the season because we have seen them get soooooo close. i honestly do not think any team will get that close to undefeated again.

Why are you even here? Do you have nothing better to do than come to an opposing teams message board and talk sh!t? I would never dream of joining whatever the Jets boards are just to say how I think they suck. It seems really petty.

Hahaha, what do you expect from a 16 year old? :p

Why not just go to your Jets board and discuss what acts of God have to happen for your team to make the playoffs? Or who you all should beg to coach the team when Rex gets fired in 2 or 3 years.

That's actually a pretty great topic for right here, I think. My money's on Bill Cowher, even though he already turned them down once.

I disagree. it is possible a team wins the SB because luck contributed
significantly to the outcome.
Consider a team is just marginal. This meaning that several lucky breaks allow that team to make the playoff.
Take away one of those lucky breaks and they don't make the playoffs.
This is possible. Then you can legitimately say luck played a significant
role. Of course skill played a bigger role but without the luck ... no SB.

Of course the Giants SB win was because of luck. But that doesn't mean
they were not a great team and had a lot of skill. But a little luck
won them that SB.
PATs first SB win came with some luck but they won that SB because they
something more than luck

When a team is dominant there is less argument that luck played a
significant role in the role in the outcome. all of this of course is IMO.

Again, when teams are very closely matched often luck plays a bigger role.

I take your point and, putting it that way, I am more inclined to accept it. I was mainly reacting to the wording in your OP. And, it's all a matter of perspective too I guess. I look at the Snowbowl and see the drive and Adam's kick after the tuck reversal; those who say the Pats were "lucky" look at the call only.

A couple people on this board were, but they were dismissed as crazy homers.

Interesting. I probably would have been one of the people who dismissed those guys too.:rolleyes: Anyway, it's interesting how things have changed though. Now, I feel as if the fans expect that kind of success every year. I'll keep my expectations high, but not quite that high if I can help it.

You made an interesting comment about certain fans drifting back into the woodwork and I'd have to say that I agree. Once BB and TB go, it's safe to say that the sustained success will decline (to say the least), and it will most definitely be interesting to see how many people stay on board and how many people grab their sh*t and jump overboard . . . on to the next successful ship. I wonder how many fans the Cowboys lost after the 90's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe