PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

19-0 in 2009 ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he meant since Rodney joined the team. Which is sort of a redundant point (we haven't won without him... since we had him) but in this case makes a little bit of sense since Rodney has had a tendency to suffer season-ending injuries.

Ah. I see.

I think he meant since Rodney joined the team. Which is sort of a redundant point (we haven't won without him... since we had him) but in this case makes a little bit of sense since Rodney has had a tendency to suffer season-ending injuries.

I didn't think I needed to clarify that but thank you :)

A couple people mentioned 16-0. Not sure about 19-0, but that's borderline assumed when you're talking about a 16-0 team (we found this out the hard way). I joined this site the very week that you're talking about, and there were some discussions a few pages back about it. After we got 16-0, some guy even bumped a thread from the preseason where he had been speculating it.

I cant be sure if there wasnt some kind of lame "We will win every game" post, because thise even happen on the Bengals boards every year. But I'm talking about serious people talking seriously about an undefeated season. That didnt happen until after we torched a few teams and looked so dominant that it seemed possibly realistic.
The preseason talk was dominated by how the defense could figure out how to reverse what happened in the AFCC and whether Moss would ever practice, much less play.
There was a lot more speculation about the defense declining and sucking that about having the best offense ever and an undefeated season.
I would say the typical prediction for the teams record was worse then than it has been this year.

Dod-dearned right. And a SB victory, too, hootches.

But we go through Pittsburgh and beat their arse senseless.

Victory! Brady, a la Namath, will guarantee a victory and deliver.

Didn't we say a couple months back that this team is better than the 2007 team? Can somebody clarify that?

ten times out of ten times, I would rather loose a superbowl with a 18-0 record. A superbowl lost is still a superbowl lost, regardless of your record.

Why are some fans so shameful of loosing the superbowl to the giants? They didnt blow us out of the water, it was a very close game.

What?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I'm having trouble seeing your sarcasm here, man.... you are kidding, right?

ten times out of ten times, I would rather loose a superbowl with a 18-0 record. A superbowl lost is still a superbowl lost, regardless of your record.

Why are some fans so shameful of loosing the superbowl to the giants? They didnt blow us out of the water, it was a very close game.

!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Did you recently go through a Ryan Leaf experience? I wouldve rather gone into a SB with an 8-8 record and barely getting a WC spot and win it all then lose it but be 18-0 going into in. I recall all Pats fans saying be shouldve lost in Baltimore or Philly and win the SB then lose one game that happens to be it.

I want to see a 19-0 in 09 so bad because i can't find a reason to refuse it.:D:D:singing:

Do you want the same thing???;)

No, I don't want that at all. But I do wan't a lot of things I won't have.

I'll bet you everything I have that 19-0 doesn't happen. Let's not get greedy here. Wanting to win the Super Bowl will suffice.

I cant be sure if there wasnt some kind of lame "We will win every game" post, because thise even happen on the Bengals boards every year. But I'm talking about serious people talking seriously about an undefeated season. That didnt happen until after we torched a few teams and looked so dominant that it seemed possibly realistic.
The preseason talk was dominated by how the defense could figure out how to reverse what happened in the AFCC and whether Moss would ever practice, much less play.
There was a lot more speculation about the defense declining and sucking that about having the best offense ever and an undefeated season.
I would say the typical prediction for the teams record was worse then than it has been this year.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people starting threads discussing 16-0 as a legitimate possibility (and they were dismissed for talking crazy). It was only maybe one or two people, and probably flew right under most people's radars, but I distinctly remember the predictions just because one of them got bumped back up to the front page after we went 16-0.

That's not what I'm talking about. I'm talking about people starting threads discussing 16-0 as a legitimate possibility (and they were dismissed for talking crazy). It was only maybe one or two people, and probably flew right under most people's radars, but I distinctly remember the predictions just because one of them got bumped back up to the front page after we went 16-0.

I remember that too. That's fandom plus the team reaches a point when the prospect of an undefeated season edges closer towards being a reality rather than just a fandom dream. Even those who've only been fans since 2001 know and understand that this team is capable of far more than what the other 31 aspire to,no offense intended, any intelligent NFL fan knows deep down this is true.

Now that they've actually achieved an undefeated season (and beyond), why do some consider it embarassing or an indication of "spoiled" if a Pats fan thinks that perfection is realistic. Of course it is.

The question(at least for me) becomes, at what price? They're definitely capable in every way and there's really no football reason why anyone should completely dismiss that idea.

A Lombardi comes before anything else though,jmho, and I really don't care how they finish up, but I know they'll be way better than 8-8.

Consecutive Lombardis; 18-1 was an incredible achievement and as we know all too well, the quest for perfection comes with a price. Personally I want to see a 2010 SB too:D Screw the perfection quest-been there, done that, or at least as close to it as any other team will ever get. I'm set with that- 2 more SB's before this decade ends is my fandom dream:p

I think that you are wrong. Can you find a post? It shouldnt be hard to search the database and find one that shows this....if it happened. Again, I distinctly remember it differently.

Remember the titans went undeafeated for a long time in 2008 until their lost to the jets with a pretty good defense and running game.

All things being equal, the patriots with fred taylor, a hrealthy maroney, the upgrade in defensive backs, a 3rd year of moss, brady, welker, a defensive rookie of the year LB, and the fact that they have went 18-0 and came very close to go 19-0.
Considering all those things, the patriots have a really good chance of going 19-0 in 2009.

Remember the game against the ravens? on that last TD throw, the ravens droped like what 5 DBs back in coverage and brady still found gaffney in the endzone, its not like the ravens did an all out blitz, and the patriots got a fluke lob pass to beat the blitz.

In the superbowl, the patriots came a few finger lengths away from stopping the Buress touchdown.

If its any team in 2009 that can go 19-0 its the patriots, if its any team in 2009 that deserves to go 19-0 its the patriots.

Last edited:
Remember the titans went undeafeated for a long time in 2008 until their lost to the jets with a pretty good defense and running game.

All things being equal, the patriots with fred taylor, a healthy maroney, the upgrade in defensive backs, a 3rd year of moss, brady, welker, a defensive rookie of the year LB, and the fact that they have went 18-0 and came very close to go 19-0.
Considering all those things, the patriots have a really good chance of going 19-0 in 2009.

Remember the game against the ravens? on that last TD throw, the ravens droped like what 5 DBs back in coverage and brady still found gaffney in the endzone, its not like the ravens did an all out blitz, and the patriots got a fluke lob pass to beat the blitz.

In the superbowl, the patriots came a few finger lengths away from stopping the Buress touchdown.

If its any team in 2009 that can go 19-0 its the patriots, if its any team in 2009 that deserves to go 19-0 its the patriots.

Really? Maroney? I'm sorry i think we should turn to Sammy Morris for this season. Taylor and Maroney can be backups

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News