19-0 in 2009 ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.
...or a realist.

:rolleyes:

Go Pats fans!

:rolleyes:

So the 19-0 talk starts up again.

Just remember there are tribes in Africa sporting some 19-0 Patriot shirts.

I think the Pats are going to be about 12-4 13-3. Your division isn't the cake walk it was in 2007.

Hey, you two Rockette scientists (and, no, that's not a typo or misspelling. Figure it out)...

I want to see a 19-0 in 09 so bad because i can't find a reason to refuse it.

Do you want the same thing???

Neither of you would be opposed to your team going 19-0, so either STFU or at least get a grasp on what's been bandied about here. The Patriots are the only team that's gotten close to achieving such a difficult thing. Wanting them to finish the job this time isn't a sign of being spoiled, it's a realization that 18 7/8 - 1/8 has its good points, but kind of sucks too, and we'd like to wash the bitter taste of that last 3 minutes out of our mouths.

Last edited:
Not a ******* chance in Hell!

I honestly don't know if my heart could handle another season like '07. I probably lost 10 years off my life in one season. I cannot actually say I wouldn't want to see 19-0. Who wouldn't want their team immortalized like that?

The offense are certainly capable of putting up similar numbers if everybody stays fit and we can get Galloway back to near his best.

We do need out defense to step up on last year though.

I honestly don't know if my heart could handle another season like '07. I probably lost 10 years off my life in one season. I cannot actually say I wouldn't want to see 19-0. Who wouldn't want their team immortalized like that?

I actually teared up and cried when they lost the Superbowl that year. I had gone to 4 home games and of course they didn't lose a single one. I was so convinced they were going to win... I can't take another heartbreaker like that!

It would be cool if they did, but if they went 18 - 0 and lost the big one again, then I would probably start sobbing like a little girl, I almost did two years ago . . .

Basically, I just want another Lombardi, I don't care how we get it.

I could see the Colts, Ravens, Saints, and maybe even Broncos giving us trouble.

Colts - haven't done jack in the offseason to improve their team. In fact, they will be relying on that DT from USC to be their savior to stop the run. Last year, the Pats were walking up and down the field on them but Cassel couldn't finish the drives. Also, the Pats running attack was dominating the entire game. If last year is any indication, the Pats will return to Indy and annihilate them. Should be an easy win.

Ravens - The only thing that scares me about them is their ground game. Other than that, their defense won't have Rex Ryan and that ridiculous wind to help slow down the Pats passing attack. Oh yeah, the Pats are at home.

Saints - Their offense may score lots of points, but the Pats will score more.

Broncos - You've got to be kidding me.

Last edited:
i rather have 14-2 and win the superbowl then 18-1 without a superbowl again.......

Colts - haven't done jack in the offseason to improve their team. In fact, they will be relying on that DT from USC to be their savior to stop the run. Last year, the Pats were walking up and down the field on them but Cassel couldn't finish the drives. Also, the Pats running attack was dominating the entire game. If last year is any indication, the Pats will return to Indy and annihilate them. Should be an easy win.

Ravens - The only thing that scares me about them is their ground game. Other than that, their defense won't have Rex Ryan and that ridiculous wind to help slow down the Pats passing attack. Oh yeah, the Pats are at home.

Much respect to you, but I don't know if I agree with any of this, especially your scoff at the Broncos. They are the only team that BB does not have a winning record against in his tenure. I know the argument might be that it was during the Shanahan regime, and that may be valid. But seriously, I wouldn't dismiss any of these teams. In the NFL, it's any given Sunday and all it takes are a few bad bounces, a blown call, an injury, or the other team simply executing their game plan to perfection to beat our favorite team.

OH, and to all of those who are writing the Colts off, don't be surprised if they're better than you think they will be. As long as Manning is under center and they have that ridiculous pass rush off the edge, I think they'll be tough to beat. I'm not saying unbeatable, just tough.

Last edited:
I honestly don't see a team on the schedule that makes me think, "that team could beat the Patriots". Only one team has been able to really disrupt this offense and that was the NY Giants. Other than that, every team on the schedule doesn't have the personnel to duplicate what the Giants did. In fact, teams are going to have to out score the Pats to beat them. Even if Tom Brady plays like half of what he did in 2007, it wouldn't surprise me to see them go 16-0 again. With the addition of Fred Taylor, it will only make Sammy Morris, Kevin Faulk and Laurence Maroney that much more effective. And not to forget, the Pats did a great job of upgrading their depth at TE. Last but not least, the Pats replaced Gaffney with Galloway which could be a huge upgrade because of Galloway's speed and route running.

On defense, I like their secondary. Their big (Springs and Bodden are at least 6 feet tall), physical (Bodden and Springs are afraid to jam someone), and has a nice mix of ball hawking corners (Wheatley, Whilite and Butler). However, the leadership of Harrison will be missed, but the Pats got more athletic at the safety position by drafting Chung (who most people compare him to Brian Dawkins). Also, Merriweather has improved greatly and should only get better. Lastly, Sanders provides good depth at either safety position.

The main question on people's mind's is who will start at OLB and MLB? How will the Pats generate a pass rush. For starters, an improved secondary will give whoever is rushing the passer that extra second to get to the QB. For instance, there where many times last year where the rushers where just a hair off of getting to the QB. That should change now. Although I have been a Pierre Woods hater, I'm willing to see what he can for a full season if given the starting job. If that doesn't work out, the atheltic Shawn Crable will be waiting. As far as the other MLB spot, I don't think Bruschi is a lock to start opposite of Mayo. In fact, for an undrafted rookie, Guyton played a lot last season and wouldn't surprise me to see him start opening day along side of Mayo. I will be rooting for Guyton to start because he can add his speed to a historically slow LB group.

This LB corps is a lot faster and younger than the historically slow, but "experienced" Pats LB corps.

Thomas, Mayo, Guyton, Crabel and Redd run under 4.6 in the 40. Guyton runs under 4.5 in the 40. All those times are very rare for players that big. Woods is 4.6ish, which is actually very good, but suffers in comparison, but is at the target that Belichick has established.

The Defensive line is big, mobile and hostile, well respected, and very deep. The Defensive backfield is being totally rebuilt, and is now a combination of established veterans and lots of high, young, draft picks. This Defensive team is going to be very good, when everyone settles in, and gets to know each other. :rolleyes:

Some Pats fans are relatively worried about sacks, but these will come, given this awesome Offense. There will be big leads, which leads to lots of sack opportunities, unlike 2008, where the margin of victory was much tighter.:)

Colts: Manning scares me, end of story. People forget how close they were to beating us in 2007, as well.

Ravens: Who cares if they don't have Rex Ryan? The defense was awesome long before he got there (better, actually, than it was while he was there), and it's not going to fall of a cliff because he's gone. They still have Ngata, Lewis, Suggs, and Reed, just for starters. I don't see that D taking a major step back this year, which means that they are likely to be a challenge.

Saints: How sure of that are you? All I'm saying is that our secondary had better have gelled by then, because if it hasn't, they'll be able to match us score for score.

Broncos: Not even close, in terms of talent, but McDaniels knows the Pats system inside and out. I trust Belichick to outsmart him, but the consensus across the organization is that McDaniels is pretty damn smart in his own right. If Belichick isn't on top of his game, McD could definitely expose some weaknesses.

In any one of these games, I'll expect the Pats to win. I just wouldn't be totally surprised if they lost any of those games either.

Losing a game could be one such scenario.

:rofl: :agree:

Why are there so many people (pats fans only i mean) that think we're just gonna roll over everyone this year? The schedule is not as easy as everyone makes it out to be. There's alot of new players that are gonna need some time to gel. On top of that, the other teams are slowly improving. I think this year starts off with some ugly wins, and a couple losses. By mid-season, i think they will start rolling. Im sticking with a max of 12-4. I do think they will be peaking at the right time, and get that elusive 4th ring, but 19-0 isnt going to happen. As someone else pointed out, lets just hope they win game # 19. :rolleyes:

Of course, if we get in on a Wild Card, game 19 will be the AFC Championship. So, let's hope we win games 19 and 20 in that scenario.

:rofl: :agree:

Why are there so many people (pats fans only i mean) that think we're just gonna roll over everyone this year? The schedule is not as easy as everyone makes it out to be. There's alot of new players that are gonna need some time to gel. On top of that, the other teams are slowly improving. I think this year starts off with some ugly wins, and a couple losses. By mid-season, i think they will start rolling. Im sticking with a max of 12-4. I do think they will be peaking at the right time, and get that elusive 4th ring, but 19-0 isnt going to happen. As someone else pointed out, lets just hope they win game # 19. :rolleyes:

I dont get why so many people think we're that bad. Max of 12-4? That means we're definitely losing 4 games next year, maybe i'm being optimistic, but i don't see that many games we could lose. This team hasn't changed alot from 07. Offense is working more smoothly because of the years its been together. The defense is faster and younger, but comparable to the 07 defense. Schedule this year is tougher, which is why i don't think we'll go 19-0 either. I would never rule it out though, cause IMO we got pretty much the same team as two years ago and it might be even better.

I think they'll be a bit rusty in the beginning too, but i think an 11-5 record is the minimum. I'm saying 13-3 or 14-2.

Not a ******* chance in Hell!

God help you, you must feckin drunk. Not the angry part, the other sad, pathetic thing. What was it the green uniform?

Of course, if we get in on a Wild Card, game 19 will be the AFC Championship. So, let's hope we win games 19 and 20 in that scenario.

Although im not going with the 19-0 crowd, I do think we will have homefield, and a week off. :D

I dont get why so many people think we're that bad. Max of 12-4? That means we're definitely losing 4 games next year, maybe i'm being optimistic, but i don't see that many games we could lose. This team hasn't changed alot from 07. Offense is working more smoothly because of the years its been together. The defense is faster and younger, but comparable to the 07 defense. Schedule this year is tougher, which is why i don't think we'll go 19-0 either. I would never rule it out though, cause IMO we got pretty much the same team as two years ago and it might be even better.

I think they'll be a bit rusty in the beginning too, but i think an 11-5 record is the minimum. I'm saying 13-3 or 14-2.

I'll agree that, if healthy, the offense should be able to put up points. I just think the defense will need a little time to gt it together with all these young guys. Thats why i think we win, but there will be some ugly wins to start the season. Im saying 12-4, because the odds of winning every game are slim. ;)

I also wish people would stop saying Buffalo is a given. They always play us hard, and this year they some talent on that offense going against alot of new players on our defense. I say its a win, but it could be a REAL ugly one.

Look at the Miaimi game last year, every time they had the ball they scored, Pennington had 300 yards, Brown did the wildcat and we couldnt cope at all defensively

The 2007 offense couldn't have pulled that back

Also what if it rains, blows a gale, snows etc .. that negates our passing game and makes it a defensive game and we aint the best defense no matter if we are getting younger this year

Look at the Miaimi game last year, every time they had the ball they scored, Pennington had 300 yards, Brown did the wildcat and we couldnt cope at all defensively

The 2007 offense couldn't have pulled that back

Also what if it rains, blows a gale, snows etc .. that negates our passing game and makes it a defensive game and we aint the best defense no matter if we are getting younger this year

Was that the first Miami game or the second Miami game?

Oh, I'm sorry, did you guys not experience the Super Bowl in February of 2008? Was that not one of the most soul-crushing experiences of your lives?

16-0 was miserable. Who cares if they lose during the regular season? Do we want to hear from the Miami crowd again? do we want to subsidize those idiots' TV appearances?

Do we want mediocre teams to play their best games against the Pats every week just to prove to themselves that they're not mediocre? I hated 2007. If they'd won, maybe I'd be glossing over the near-ulcers and general stress of that season, but it was not fun. Not fun at all.

Just beat Buffalo on Monday night and go from there. Health and happiness go a long way toward overall glory. Scroo 19-0. Anyone who assumes the Pats can go out and steamroll the rest of the league doesn't understand the difference between last year's schedule and 2009.

All I want is a Super Bowl win. First, I want one win in Week One.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes