PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

1 Point Favorites vs. Fins

Status
Not open for further replies.
That line will swing to Miami - 1 1/2 by sunday

Doubtful. It opened a pick and action has moved it to NE -1.5. Any sharps who like the Fish will wait until late when/if the public pushes the line to -2.5 to maximize their value. But no way enough late action pushes the line far enough to NE +1.5. At most it might move back to a pick.

wow too much negativity in here... I think I'm the only one who is confident the Patriots will win... everyone else is saying they expect the other team but hopes our team will win. what kind of fan is that?

That is the point....our offense may put up some decent numbers....but our defense will give up a ton as well....someone mentioned that doofins only put up 15 on buffalo...they also only gave up 10 pts at buffalo.....we gave up 30 to them......AT HOME....that and the fact that pats rarely play well in Miami....and I see us having a lot of trouble Monday....

People need to stop comparing how the Pats did vs. the Bills' offense with how the Dolphins did vs. the Bills' offense or even looking how the Bills' offense did on Sunday vs. the prior two weeks. The Dolphins faced Trent Edwards and the Pats faced Ryan Fitzpatrick. If a team shutdown the Pats' offense with Brian Hoyer as QB would it be the same as shutting it down with Brady at QB? That is an extreme, but the point is the same. Different QBs can change the effectiveness of an offense.

Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Edwards (hence why Edwards is a Jaguar right now). Edwards' endless checkdowns allows teams to put pressure on him especially with the Bills' porous o-line. Fitzpatrick is a more decisive QB and has more of a vertical threat. He is better for at least Lee Evans who is a speedy WR who can get down field and he makes it harder to put pressure on him because he does make quicker throws.

Fitzpatrick is not a great QB, but he is better and different enough from Edwards to make the Bills' offense a lot different and probably a lot better. The Bills offense with Fitzpatrick isn't going to rival the Pats, but I bet it will be far better than it was under Edwards.

Last edited:
If we get chewed up on the ground, this could turn into a 14 point victory in the Dolphins' favor. If we stuff their ground game and put the game into Henne's hands (and I'm considering what he did to us last time around with lesser receivers here), it'll turn into a shoot-out that we should win.

It is worth noting that it's still extremely hot and humid down here and will be that way at night. Brady's often cited the heat and humidity as a couple of reasons for his issues in Miami. The team, particularly our hogs on the defensive line, had better be in better physical condition than they were last year during the Colts and Dolphins game in Miami.

If we win this game I will be ecstatic.

Even if it is 45-44, at least then the offense wouldn't have **** the bed in the 2nd half of a big road game.

Rob....you make some very good points here...Thx

People need to stop comparing how the Pats did vs. the Bills' offense with how the Dolphins did vs. the Bills' offense or even looking how the Bills' offense did on Sunday vs. the prior two weeks. The Dolphins faced Trent Edwards and the Pats faced Ryan Fitzpatrick. If a team shutdown the Pats' offense with Brian Hoyer as QB would it be the same as shutting it down with Brady at QB? That is an extreme, but the point is the same. Different QBs can change the effectiveness of an offense.

Fitzpatrick is a better QB than Edwards (hence why Edwards is a Jaguar right now). Edwards' endless checkdowns allows teams to put pressure on him especially with the Bills' porous o-line. Fitzpatrick is a more decisive QB and has more of a vertical threat. He is better for at least Lee Evans who is a speedy WR who can get down field and he makes it harder to put pressure on him because he does make quicker throws.

Fitzpatrick is not a great QB, but he is better and different enough from Edwards to make the Bills' offense a lot different and probably a lot better. The Bills offense with Fitzpatrick isn't going to rival the Pats, but I bet it will be far better than it was under Edwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News