PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Your Favourite Moment of the Year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheerforTom

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Hey dudes, I haven't seen a thread like this yet but if there is one, go ahead and merge it.

Anyway, it was a great year despite not winning the Super Bowl. Let's reflect on the past year and throw up those points that just plain made you feel great.

Runner Up: Maroney's first carry as a Pat, breaking like 7 tackles and weaving in and out before busting up the sideline. I was watching the game at home alone and I jumped out of my chair and screamed, it was actually kind of embarrasing in retrospect :).

Favourite Moment: Brady putting the moves on Urlacher and rushing for a first down on 3rd and long, then succumbing to the moment, getting up and making a big show of the FIRST DOWN motion. Just awesome, I've never been more pumped watching a game. It was only made sweeter by the fact that I picked up my sister from work after the game before she had seen it and she confided that she was worried about Brady's exposure to Urlacher.

Let's hear yours! What stuck out to you from the past year?

Troy. SD. 'Nuff said.

i never got a chance to see Tom make that run. Does anyone have the video?

San Diego. Two-point conversion, and the win. Just the memory of that victory takes a lot of the pain of the AFCCG away.

Brady making the move on Urlacher.

1. Brady making Ulracher look dumb.

2. Troys play in SD

3. When CBS' Super Bore broadcast ended, signifying the end to the season.

Great moment #1. Brady tossing the bomb to Caldwell that set up a FG to bury San Diego. Something assassin-like in his demeanor as he delivered the ball. Beautiful play.

#2. LaDanian's disbelief during post-game interview ( he channeled Marshall Faulk circa 2002 after the Rams lost in the Super Bowl). Yes, that is why we line up on the green field.

#3. Brady juking Urlacher.

Last edited:
#1 Wilfork's rumble in the NYJ playoff game.

#2 Troy in SD.

#3 Maroney's two huge runs in the Bengals game.

1. Brady's pass to Caldwell in San Diego that went for like 60 yards and game winning FG.
2. Brady's juke on Urlacher.
3. Samuel's interception of Manning in the playoffs (while it was short lived, I just about **** my pants at the time)

Last edited:
No doubt about it for me:

THE STRIP (Troy in SD)

1. The Chicago game- my first game at Gillette.
2. Beating San Diego
3. Asante's pick in the AFCCG- the Colts fans started to boo, and I screamed "It's OK Peyton, they're just yelling MOOOOOVERS" got a lot of chuckles. Don't remember much after that.
4. Right now. Knowing that we'll be better in 2007, and pissed off and ready to take back what's ours.

This is a lame cop-out, but it's true....

My favorite moment of every year is the last half-hour before kickoff of regular season game 1. It's the culmination of months of anticipation and wonder. Everything after is a cruel ride that shortens my life but fulfills me in some way I may never understand.

Of course, Maroney's back to back 20-yarders out of the gate, Jackson's first touchdown, my first sighting of Caldwell's crazy eyes, Brady's lightning juke, Wilfork's slight of hand, etc. are all suitable choices...

3. Asante's pick in the AFCCG- the Colts fans started to boo, and I screamed "It's OK Peyton, they're just yelling MOOOOOVERS" got a lot of chuckles. Don't remember much after that.

Lol, I said the exact same thing! Weird. I feel like we're both stealing it from something, was it Bill Simmons that said that?

And by the way, my honorable mention would be Chad Jackson catching the deep ball in Buffalo for a TD, cause 1) I was at the game and 2) at the time it looked like our deep threat problems were over. Unfortunately retrospect has killed that one, but there's always next year.

1 at Jax to win the AFC East

2 Beating San Diego- Troy Brown great play

3 Beating Chicago

4 at Cincy , when the chips were down we rose to the top..

For me, it was the Colts beating the Patriots in the playoffs and at Foxboro.

Rodney intercepting McNabb to close SB39.

That is my last favorite patsies moment.

doG dam these last 2 years.

Absolutely.

That video and picture should be the signature piece when Troy is inducted in the NEP Hall of Fame.

No doubt about it for me:

THE STRIP (Troy in SD)

Beatin SD in SD.. but ultimately, that win hurt them for the Indy game.

Troy Brown play @ San Diego

no doubt

1. Faulk 2 point conversion against SD, saw that coming!
2. Asante's pick against Indy, really thought we were on our way to the SB (making it all the more painful)
3. Brown's strip!
4. Jackson's TD catch against the Vikings where he crawled on the ground - I have been hyping CJ all year, and any play where he momentarily silenced his doubters was rewarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes