PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would you trade down next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carolinatony

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
We have 2 first rounder so would you trade down to get two seconds for one of them if you could?
This would still give us a #1 and .........3 number 2's....sounds good to me??

carolinatony said:
We have 2 first rounder so would you trade down to get two seconds for one of them if you could?

I would, no doubt. Most drafts have really good players from 1-15 and then a bunch of good players from 15- 50 that are not that far apart. We could still target a premium position (CB, WR) with the round 1 and then add depth and come additional quality at LB, S and one other position in round 2.

I would be interested but remember that :

- We have lots of picks (when including comp picks) and can only want so many rookies. I would prefer to trade into next year. I would give valuable body parts to trade a #1 for a #2 this year and a #1 next year but you have to be in the right place at the right time to get a deal like that.

- Players picked 16-32 can be signed for 5 years, starting in the second round they can only be signed for 4. This increases the value of a #1 somewhat even without considering the talent.

Last edited:
Might trade up for right db. Then, trade down with 2nd 1st rounder to get that pick back.

I think it depends on the Board. If there are players with legit 1st round draft grades on the Patriots draft board that are available when they pick, I think they'll use both picks. It may only be a coincidence, but the Pats traditionally have not picked well in round two.

Between their own draft picks and compensatory draft picks,

the Pats will have 11 or 12 draft picks in 2007. I'd prefer to see

them use a few of them to trade up and get a cornerback, safety,

linebacker, and wide receiver on the first day of the draft.

id like us to move up in the draft from 1 spot..

so lets say we have pick 21 and 32..take the 32 and like 4th or idk for a better pick because the LB class isnt great..if theres a guy we like..trade up so we can get 2 guys we really want and be happy

32?

Because you really think we will win it all this year? Anything is possible but let be realistic. Until now, we only beat average or mediocre teams and lost to better teams (except Jests).

32?

Because you really think we will win it all this year? Anything is possible but let be realistic. Until now, we only beat average or mediocre teams and lost to better teams (except Jests).

"lets just say "

im just an fan. im hoping for 32 but whever..id like to trade down with 1 of the first rounders to get a player we need and like

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News