PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Would the Pats be interested in any Ravens FAs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsDparty

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
There are several upcoming FAs from the Ravens Defense: Ray Lewis, Bart Scott, and Terrell Suggs. I've heard that Lewis doesn't like playing in a 3-4, Scott (if I remember correctly) made some bonehead plays in the Pats game last year (don't really like to judge someone based on one game), and Suggs is a beast. Either way, they are very good players from a very good Def, so does anyone think they would fit our D?

Terrell Suggs for sure. I think that guy is a beast. Prolly to rich for our blood though.

Is Ed Reed available? LOL! Love him!

Lewis was locked up to a deal recently so he is not a FA.

I'm guessing very recently then, b/c i swore I heard the commentators talking about how all 3 would be FA during the Dallas game...then again, the commentators could have been wrong.

ok ... do the ravens play a 3-4 or 4-3? it's listed as 3-4 on their depth chart.

or is it semantics since suggs can be considered a DE?

I'm guessing very recently then, b/c i swore I heard the commentators talking about how all 3 would be FA during the Dallas game...then again, the commentators could have been wrong.

I believe it was recently but I also believe it was prior to that Cowboys game. I think it was like a month or so ago.

Lewis isn't leaving the Ravens. Scott is a douchebag! But Suggs is a beast and will probably get tagged again, unless him and the Ravens reach a long term deal.

Would the Pats be interested in any Ravens FAs? Yes, all three of them probably.

Would those players be available for a reasonable price tag and end up in NE? Somewhat less likely.

Yeah, that was an NFL network broadcast wasn't it?

Nuff Said.

BALTIMORE — Baltimore Ravens star middle linebacker Ray Lewis’ seven-year, $50 million contract is about to expire, but he didn’t behave as if he had played his final game in Baltimore.

Other than flipping the football to an equipment manager for safekeeping after recovering one of his two fumbles Sunday in a 27-7 victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars at M&T Bank Stadium that clinched a playoff berth, Lewis acted as if it was just another day at the office. He led the Ravens with eight tackles and forced a fumble and was singing a Bob Marley song afterward in the locker room while waiting for fullback Lorenzo Neal to wrap up an interview.

Drafted in the first round prior to the Ravens’ inaugural season in 1996, Lewis has always had his contract renewed at least one year before becoming a free agent. Now, he’s in position to test free agency if he chooses in March. G

General manager Ozzie Newsome has said there are no current negotiations, but the team plans to talk with Lewis’ representatives as soon as the season is over.

If his departure is actually impending, then Lewis did a good job of keeping those thoughts to himself.

"I would be the most selfish person ever to walk this earth if I thought about myself and not my team right now," said Lewis, who has been involved in negotiations with the team since the spring. "It’s all about my teammates."

Outside linebacker Terrell Suggs, who’s the Ravens’ franchise player and scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent if the Ravens don’t sign him to a long-term deal or designate him with the franchise tag again, feels fairly assured of his return.

"It didn’t feel like my last game on the field," Suggs said. "The crowd was amazing. We just went out there and had fun."

And Suggs is fairly certain that he’ll be in the same huddle as Lewis again. It’s considered more unlikely that inside linebacker Bart Scott, whose deal is also up, will be retained.

Carroll County Times: Westminster, Maryland

Do you have a link for Lewis accepting a contract extension recently? Everything I've read says that Lewis' contract is up at the end of the season.

I would take Suggs in a heartbeat.

Lewis isn't leaving the Ravens. Scott is a douchebag! But Suggs is a beast and will probably get tagged again, unless him and the Ravens reach a long term deal.

I don't think you can tag anyone more than once anymore.

I don't want Lewis in a Pats uni. Ever.

Suggs, on the other hand...

i had heard somewhere that there was a possibility that the Ravens would put the Franchise tag on Lewis instead of Suggs.

Only Suggs, but I would rather have Cassel, even if he is sitting on the Bench.

They can't afford both, and Suggs is unlikely to become available. But that is the one position that Belichick has proved he will pay high for a FA; witness, Rosey, and AD.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents