Will Mac Continue to Start

• Yes

Votes: 27 29.3%
  • No

Votes: 45 48.9%
  • RLKAG,QPT

Votes: 20 21.7%

• Total voters
The fact that Mac has not improved as the OL situation got better is proof that he is not the guy. Things would have been worse if the OL allowed the team to look competitive enough to keep Mac as the long term QB only to fall apart next year when things got tough. Having a clear answer is painful, but better than finding out later.
I don't feel the OL improved pass blocking. Run blocking yes definitely. We couldn't even do that at the beginning of the year.

To me Mac is not the guy because he can't put the team on his back and win, he has not shown he's a leader and his team doesn't look at him as a leader. Leaders shouldn't fall apart and get all emotional. And in this era of football a high floor/low ceiling guy also limits how good you can be.

Of course it matters.
Shulas last 4 years were 39-25, similar to most of his career and were all winning seasons.
Landry hadn’t won a playoff game in 6 years, when he was 58.
It wasn’t age
There's a good reason why a 70+ year old HC has never won anything in this league.

The game passed both those other guys by and the same has happened to Bill. It's over.

I agree that the OL needs new talent next year. The reason that the OL was such a disaster to start this year was due to injuries, not that the team ignored the position in the offseason. I have come to the conclusion that was actually a blessing disguise when thinking long term because things have been so bad that it proved that Mac was not capable of leading a team through adversity. The fact that Mac has not improved as the OL situation got better is proof that he is not the guy. Things would have been worse if the OL allowed the team to look competitive enough to keep Mac as the long term QB only to fall apart next year when things got tough. Having a clear answer is painful, but better than finding out later.

View attachment 54704
Great post, thorough and accurate.

There's a good reason why a 70+ year old HC has never won anything in this league.

The game passed both those other guys by and the same has happened to Bill. It's over.
So did you use that logic with 40 year old QBs?

I don't feel the OL improved pass blocking. Run blocking yes definitely. We couldn't even do that at the beginning of the year.

To me Mac is not the guy because he can't put the team on his back and win, he has not shown he's a leader and his team doesn't look at him as a leader. Leaders shouldn't fall apart and get all emotional. And in this era of football a high floor/low ceiling guy also limits how good you can be.
He’s not the guy because he can’t drop back, clearly understand and execute what the play calls for on time.
Leadership is irrelevant. He can’t do the basic requirement of the job.

Oh and then when the play is really important he throws the ball like Legarm Newton

He’s not the guy because he can’t drop back, clearly understand and execute what the play calls for on time.
Leadership is irrelevant. He can’t do the basic requirement of the job.

Oh and then when the play is really important he throws the ball like Legarm Newton
Shame that he has a roster around him built for a QB that is no longer with the team.

Did Brady look like the game passed him by?

Players win games. Coaches lose them, and this coach is certainly doing that.
Because the game doesn’t pass people by, it’s a stupid euphemism used by someone who wants to complain and has no clue what hey are talking about. Glad we cleared that up.

Because the game doesn’t pass people by, it’s a stupid euphemism used by someone who wants to complain and has no clue what hey are taking about. Glad we cleared that up.
Nonsense.

If a coach designs a team to play 3 yards and a cloud of dust football does that sound like a team prepared for the modern game?

Shame that he has a roster around him built for a QB that is no longer with the team.
That doesn’t even make sense. In any event, WATCH FILM. Watch where the receivers go, and what the coverage was. Receivers are open. They are the receivers the intent of the play was to get open. 10 doesnt throw to them either in time or at all.
I understand you just want to complain with any analysis but you are just making things up to stomp your feet like a child.

The ridiculous no-punt-returner play against the Colts was one of the plays that pissed JK off. Does that sound like something a good coach would do?

Nonsense.

If a coach designs a team to play 3 yards and a cloud of dust football does that sound like a team prepared for the modern game?
What coach did that?

That doesn’t even make sense.
Meh receivers where one of them was a big downgrade from another guy who the GM/HC let walk away and an OL where 2 of the 5 regulars don't even belong in the league. They could get away with it with the GOAT but not anymore.

In any event, WATCH FILM. Watch where the receivers go, and what the coverage was. Receivers are open. They are the receivers the intent of the play was to get open. 10 doesnt throw to them either in time or at all.
I understand you just want to complain with any analysis but you are just making things up to stomp your feet like a child.
Maybe we'll get some real talent in here once we get a good GM that can build an offensive roster and then if they still suck I'll blame the QB.

Meh receivers where one of them was a big downgrade from another guy who the GM/HC let walk away and an OL where 2 of the 5 regulars don't even belong in the league. They could get away with it with the GOAT but not anymore.

Maybe we'll get some real talent in here once we get a good GM that can build an offensive roster and then if they still suck I'll blame the QB.
2 regular OL don’t belong in the league? Who are they?

The talent is being held back by the QB. I watch film and it is abundantly clear. When we replaced the QB last year the rookie who never played before averaged 33.5 points per game. You throw out tired old unanalyzed criticisms.
Why bother?

2 regular OL don’t belong in the league? Who are they?
If you watched film you'd know who they are.

Lowe for example. Who by the way got beaten by his man who was in Jones face when he threw that pick.
The talent is being held back by the QB. I watch film and it is abundantly clear. When we replaced the QB last year the rookie who never played before averaged 33.5 points per game.
The defense won both games not the offense. Don't see why Jones couldn't have done the same thing.

You throw out tired old unanalyzed criticisms.
Why bother?
Bill is not a good GM. Nor head coach. Not anymore. This mess is on him.

If you watched film you'd know who they are.

Lowe for example. Who by the way got beaten by his man who was in Jones face when he threw that pick.

The defense won both games not the offense. Don't see why Jones couldn't have done the same thing.

Bill is not a good GM. Nor head coach. Not anymore. This mess is on him.
I watch the film, that’s why I called out your ignorant comment.

Lowe isn’t one of the top 5 and that defender was nowhere near in 10s face btw.

So a backup who has been in the league for years is your proof 2 of the top 5 don’t belong in the league?

The defense was 17/21 and 24/34? The defense score 30 ppg? No.
If 10 could have done the same thing WHY HASNT HE???
Zappe started 2 games and out up 38 and 29.
In the last 2 years 10 started 24. His best of thr 24 games was 29 points, tied with the worst Zappe game. 23 of 24 he couldn’t do the same thing. Now do you see why?

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes