PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Why would Davis do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
If this guy, Gabriel, is so good. Why would Davis give him to us for, what, a fifth round pick?

Is it possible there is some kind of collusion going on here?
Davis is going through this crap with Porter, isn't he?
He's probably as sick of players not fulfilling there contracts as anyof us are.
Though the improbability of him helping out a nemisis like the pats exists.
Still, maybe he's trying to win some points with BB for whatever reason.

Ours is not to question why. We stole him. Ssh...

1126263423_0869.jpg

.........Pats1 proves that a picture DOES say a thousand words.

Come on guys, thats a low blow....

Davis may have done this to force his coaching staff to use Porter more.

Now that Gabriel the #2 is with us the staff has to force Porter into the game and thus he and the team will sink or swim based on how Porter responds.

I personally think this is a bad move for the Raiders, why give something to Porter that he can't earn in practice or on the field.....It may work but it is a hell of a gamble and it sends the wrong message to the high draft picks by saying if there is a lower draft pick, ie a lesser talent, that is your way we will remove it for you.

To hell with the team be the star we drafted you to be.

Thank GOD that BB even sinile would never do something like this.

Last edited:
They think that they have several good young recievers plus Porter and Moss.

That is the only reason that I can think of.

I think Davis is crazy.......like a fox. He ALWAYS has an agenda. I don't think this is his last move, I wonder if he's going after Deion, and softens up the Pats to get him for a 2nd (or 3rd ?). I'm still on edge by this move, and hope it doesn't backfire. Hell the Jets traded for Suggs and he failed their physical, maybe Davis is trying to sneak in some damaged goods. Who knows, but until Branch is outta here, and we get something good in return, I'm still on edge.

SeanBruschi54 said:
It looks like he's lost out there in the picture.

That's on the sidelines of Gillette circa the 2005 opener, too.

Last edited:
It's a fair question. Al's a senile pantload, but I'm a HUGE fan of Amy Trask. She wouldn't let him give away the store without good reason.

pats1 said:
That's on the sidelines of Gillette circa the 2005 opener, too.
I know thats the crazy part.

I still cant believe they let him make decisions. I know it sounds mean but its a whole different game now and you cant jeapordize that.

363839 said:
If this guy, Gabriel, is so good. Why would Davis give him to us for, what, a fifth round pick?

Is it possible there is some kind of collusion going on here?
Davis is going through this crap with Porter, isn't he?
He's probably as sick of players not fulfilling there contracts as anyof us are.
Though the improbability of him helping out a nemisis like the pats exists.
Still, maybe he's trying to win some points with BB for whatever reason.

The guys best season he had 37 catches.

RayClay said:
The guys best season he had 37 catches.

......from Kerry Collins.

......as a #4 receiver.

......on a team whom opposing Defenses never had to worry about the run. Opposing D's literally played nickel defenses against Oakland from 2nd downs on.

D'ya just think this could be a better situation for him?

The only concern is, in the early going, he'll have to slowly learn the NE routes.

But gimme a break, complaining about a 3rd year guy catching "only" 37 passes last year from a doofus like Collins against who D's never had to worry about the run and would regularly cram the secondaries is ludicrous.

Last edited:
scott99 said:
I think Davis is crazy.......like a fox. He ALWAYS has an agenda. I don't think this is his last move, I wonder if he's going after Deion, and softens up the Pats to get him for a 2nd (or 3rd ?).

Yeah, that's it. BB/Pioli will be so emotionally moved by Al Davis' generosity that they will soften to the old lug and send him Branch for a 2nd or 3rd.

Does your keyboard wish it could laugh at you?

shmessy said:
......from Kerry Collins.

......as a #4 receiver.

......on a team whom opposing Defenses never had to worry about the run. Opposing D's literally played nickel defenses against Oakland from 2nd downs on.

D'ya just think this could be a better situation for him?

The only concern is, in the early going, he'll have to slowly learn the NE routes.

But gimme a break, complaining about a 3rd year guy catching "only" 37 passes last year from a doofus like Collins against who D's never had to worry about the run and would regularly cram the secondaries is ludicrous.

I'm not complaining, the poster asked a question like why would Davis trade him for a fifth?

My answer would be that's his market value. I think people are so euphoric with getting a receiver amidst the Branch bullsnit, they forget that cuts are here and some people have extra of what we need.

I'm very happy to get him and hear great things but why would people think he was worth a 2nd or 3rd?

Last edited:
RayClay said:
I'm very happy to get him and hear great things but why would people think he was worth a 2nd or 3rd?

All I care is we gave up a 5th (which we probably will have 3 or 4 for next year's draft) for a guy who caught "only" 37 balls from Kerry Collins facing nickel defenses 80% of the time.

How does that project for this guy in a Tom Brady offense that opposing D's will have to quake in their shoes about the run?

What's not to like?

shmessy said:
All I care is we gave up a 5th (which we probably will have 3 or 4 for next year's draft) for a guy who caught "only" 37 balls from Kerry Collins facing nickel defenses 80% of the time.

How does that project for this guy in a Tom Brady offense that opposing D's will have to quake in their shoes about the run?

What's not to like?

I'm very very happy. Don't get me wrong.

A LB, or 2 would be nice also.

And that's all I want this year, Santa.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back