PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Who do we Cheer For - San Diego or Denver - and Why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

QB12

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Who should we cheer for in tonight's game and why, for seeding purposes?

QB12

At this point, we're likely heading for a tough game or two in the play-offs and I've given up worrying about what other teams do. Enjoy tonights game for what it is and in the morning start worrying about the Bears.

san diego.... i don't want to play denver.

San Diego, because then we would be tie with Denver. And then next week I hope San Diego loses and also the Ravens. but Its a tall order to hope that all of them lose more then The Patriots. They are all good teams. I really hope that Indy falls to Dallas, I don't want to hear all about they are the greatest team of this Decade.

Well, I'm rooting for San Diego, because I like them. I'll never root for the Donkeys.

I think you root for SD at this point for a multitude of reasons.

It's obvious Denver gives us problems. Their D is fast and they have seen our offense a number of times over the previous two seasons.

I'd rather go on the road to San Diego than Denver at this point if need be, and with a SD win tonight, there is more of a chance of hosting a game against either team in NE than on the road. If Denver wins tonight, they are still up by 2 games on the Pats in the standings because of the head to head loss.

The Pats D is better against the run than against the pass. Tomlinson will be a tough draw no doubt but for some reason I feel better about having to stop LT than I do trying to stop Javon Walker at this point. I know that may sound bizarre but I just don't think our D-backs can cover Walker.

Last but not least, as good as Rivers is, he has never gone against a Belichick defense. Plummer has seen the Pats D a bunch of times now. While I don't think he's the greatest QB, he's proven he can do just enough to beat the Pats.

I fear both teams, but maybe the Chargers the most. We match up worse against them than against Denver because Chargers have both a great offense and defense, and we have never faced Rivers before. Belichick seems to do better the second time we play a new QB.

Denver seems a little one sided this year.

Let's hope for collateral damage. :D

san diego... 1) I hate denver 2) I dont want to go to denver in the playoffs

Root for San Diego. Denver holds the tie breaker over the Pats and if the Pats have to go to San Diego for the playoffs, you know Marty-ball will show up. Guaranteed win in the playoffs.

Last edited:
Willie55 said:
Root for San Diego. Denver holds the tie breaker over the Pats and if the Pats have to go to San Diego for the playoffs, you know Marty-ball will show up. Guaranteed win in the playoffs.

Just like the last two games against the Chargers. :cool:

The Chargers because we didnt lose to them.

5 Rings for Brady!! said:
Just like the last two games against the Chargers. :cool:

Marty-ball in the regular season is completely different from Marty-ball in the playoffs. If you look up 'one and done' in the dictionary, there is a picture of Marty Shottenheimer.

rtunstal said:
San Diego, because then we would be tie with Denver. And then next week I hope San Diego loses and also the Ravens. but Its a tall order to hope that all of them lose more then The Patriots. They are all good teams. I really hope that Indy falls to Dallas, I don't want to hear all about they are the greatest team of this Decade.

To be the greatest of a decade, it helps to win championships. Talk to me when / if the Colts win one or three.

Willie55 said:
Marty-ball in the regular season is completely different from Marty-ball in the playoffs. If you look up 'one and done' in the dictionary, there is a picture of Marty Shottenheimer.

Well, if we travel to San Diego in the playoffs to play in their stadium, with Troy Brown facing off at CB against Gates and LT, we might as well play our back ups since we are already guarenteed to win.

I think the Chargers are the best team in the NFL right now.

a little Off topic...does anyone think the giants regret giving up rivers for manning
for one, the draft pick they gave up to SD ended up being merriman
and now rivers now looks much better than manning whose "maturation process" is still being talked about..

The second place finisher in the AFC West could very well be playing at Gillette on Wild Card weekend if the Pats finish as the fourth best divisional winner.

You have to ask yourself, would you rather play SD at Foxboro and then go to Denver or Denver at home and go to SD?

Either way it is a tough couple of games to get to the AFC Championship game.

I have to say Denver, who will lose to KC on Thurs.. San Diego has a tough schedule down the road, but Denver tonight, but I still think we can leapfrog both these teams, and hope Baltimore falters..

Based on the first half, the Donkeys are going to win this one easily. Damn it.

The super chargers, of course. They would be a much more popular team with us, if it weren't for Marty.

I have two teams that I "hate", that I actually enjoy see losing as many as possible: Miami and Denver.

No, I don't want to play either one. I don't want to lose to either one. I especially don't want to play Denver in Denver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST