What's Your "What the Hell ?" Pick ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Like most of us said at #32 last year.

Now, I am not saying I think we'll take this guy in the first round but if I say "What the Hell" after we make our pick, I am guessing we just drafted Greg Jennings in the first round.

BelichickFan said:
Like most of us said at #32 last year.

Now, I am not saying I think we'll take this guy in the first round but if I say "What the Hell" after we make our pick, I am guessing we just drafted Greg Jennings in the first round.

No, it's gotta be from a position that we think is all set. Or are those "What the F&$k? picks? Jay Cutler, Eric Winston, and Marcus McNeil are "What the F&$k? picks.

Mine would be Jeff Maillioux of Bridgewat--I mean, Daryn Colledge

Pope TE at #21. I sure hope not.

Total guess: Tim Jennings, CB, Georgia

Chad Jackson or Anthony Cromartie

If they even pick at all in rd 1!:D

But if they do, then RB's White, Maroney, Addai (though if he slides to us in rd 3, he'd be a steal) or Williams. Also WR's Jackson, Holmes, Moss.

I would think that BB has lost his mind or has been kidnapped if any of those picks happen. BB does not draft for need. He drafts for value. None of these picks represent value at #21, and PLEASE, for the last time, stop looking at the roster and try to fill the holes of need with high draft picks. He will never do that. There will be great value at RB and WR next year. He may try to trade into that draft to get value then. The value this year is at LB, T, DB, DE and maybe TE. IF BB picks at #21, look for it to come at one of those positions.

It's not one pick but two:
Everyone is saying that all the value is on D. LB's and DBs primarily. What happens if BB & SP draft O skills position the first 2 rounds? So I submit D. Williams & G Jennings!

Last edited:
I wouldn't be super surprised if he trades out of round 1, especailly if Wimbley and Lawson are gone.
But I would be shocked if he took a RB in round one. In the Boston papaers they seemed to imply that BB told Dillion that he was the man for 2006.

Ochmed Jones said:
I wouldn't be super surprised if he trades out of round 1, especailly if Wimbley and Lawson are gone.
But I would be shocked if he took a RB in round one. In the Boston papaers they seemed to imply that BB told Dillion that he was the man for 2006.

I thought that was the idea for this thread.

I'd be shocked if he traded up to the top 5 and got Mario Williams but what the hell I'm allowed to dream.

Imagine a DL rotation with Seymour, Wilfork, Warren and Williams. We would always have the advantage in the war of the trenches.

Dreams are always nice on the eve of draft day.

SamBamsFan said:
It's not one pick but two:
Everyone is saying that all the value is on D. LB's and DBs primarily. What happens if BB & SP draft O skills position the first 2 rounds? So I submit D. Williams & G Jennings!
Do I get partial credit for getting the positions right?

shirtsleeve said:
If they even pick at all in rd 1!:D

But if they do, then RB's White, Maroney, Addai (though if he slides to us in rd 3, he'd be a steal) or Williams. Also WR's Jackson, Holmes, Moss.

I would think that BB has lost his mind or has been kidnapped if any of those picks happen. BB does not draft for need. He drafts for value. None of these picks represent value at #21, and PLEASE, for the last time, stop looking at the roster and try to fill the holes of need with high draft picks. He will never do that. There will be great value at RB and WR next year. He may try to trade into that draft to get value then. The value this year is at LB, T, DB, DE and maybe TE. IF BB picks at #21, look for it to come at one of those positions.

You've got to stop fighting with yourself, Shirt, and face it--you're CLAIRVOYAINT!:D

Last edited:
jczxohn1 said:
You've got to stop fighting with yourself, Shirt, and face it--you're CLAIRVOYAINT!:D

:rofl:
Ya know, I'm beginning to think so. I spend months anylizing (anal-izing?) the players, our draft position, and BB's history. I get my board set, though not to the level of say, DH44, and settle down for the draft. I'm confident I have figured things out. Then I get this really sick feeling in my stomach. This only happens when there is a conflict with my rational. So someone posts this what the hell thread and I post the source of my nausea. Bam! just what I was terrified and nauseated about! Happened in the playoffs too. Every time I had that nausea, I'd make an amazing shirtsleeve prediction in direct contrast to the nausea. And the nausea was right.:confused: Especially the Denver game. I think I even nailed the turnover # and score, reversed of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back