PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What bothers you the most about all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriot Missile

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
There is a lot that bothers me all down the line about how this was handled. But the one thing that just really bothers me the most is a perception created by the mediots and NFL that I get so angry about I almost literally catch on fire.

It is the perception that Brady wanted the balls deflated below 12.5. I'm sorry I can't and haven't seen one piece of evidence, text etc stating that Brady cheated with malice and with the intent to gain a advantage with a under inflated ball. What I have seen was a text purposely left off the report that the refs gave the Patriots a ball that was 16 psi. Over the limit. To be honest if it wasn't important to the refs to keep the balls properly inflated why is it important now? Well, we know why but it's too bad the rest of the country looks at us like we are fanatical cult homers when really we just want all the facts. They take this Wells report like its a tablet to the 10 commandments filled with gospel when really it's just some shoddy work done by a hired nfl hand.

Now if McNally comes out and says Brady wanted the balls at 11.5 or 10.5 maybe I'll think a Little differently but until then this is the biggest farce I've seen in a long time.

The power that Goodell has. Teams can't appeal team punishments. The only way to change team punishments is to change the mind of Goodell.

Doesn't look too good for our draft picks and fine.

What bothers me is how predictable this whole thing played out. Goodell's only interest is self-preservation and his pubic image. The public opinion will jump on any anti-Patriots story even if it's complete fabrication and Goodell will run with it because it's an opportunity for him to boost his public image. He's such a disgrace how did someone who lacks so much integrity become the commissioner of the NFL.

This has been my favorite sport since a young age, and has been my passion my whole life.

And now it's becoming this political mess in which we have to be talking about the courtroom more than the football field. It's sad we've even gotten to this point. We're supposed to be talking about our rookies and how they look in camp right now. We're supposed to be talking about some undrafted FA and how he will make the roster this year.

But no. It's this garbage. And Goodell is ruining something I've been very passionate about over my lifetime

What bothers me is how predictable this whole thing played out. Goodell's only interest is self-preservation and his pubic image. The public opinion will jump on any anti-Patriots story even if it's complete fabrication and Goodell will run with it because it's an opportunity for him to boost his public image. He's such a disgrace how did someone who lacks so much integrity become the commissioner of the NFL.

This blindsided me to be honest. I was actually predicting the opposite with there being no kind of punishment because it was such a non story which was impossible to prove. Never was I expecting/predicting a Spanish Inquisition with sting and text ramifications. Just a complete joke.

What bothers me is the hypocrisy and politicization of a game that helped me find my self as a youth.

You have the NFL office talking about the integrity of the game from one side of their mouth, then acting to undermine the legitimacy of their authority by dismissing hundreds of years of science, due process, and the common law. It's the condescension toward us, the "little people", that insults my values and my intelligence. I doubt he has ever read Hurst's Law & The Conditions of Freedom. It's available for free on the internet (PDF) - I suggest every free man read it.

Growing up, the most important lessons I learned about truth, team work, honor, sportsmanship, courage, bravery, and accomplishment were gathered between the ages of 10-18 yrs old in the mud and the snow covered grass fields of the North Shore.

This Witch Hunt, after a series of staged tribunals, assaults my life, my liberty, and my sacred honor. THAT'S what bothers me the most.

Everything

I'm hoping that "everything" is what may also come out in this process

This oddly has come full circle. When Belichick filed an anti-trust lawsuit against the League in 2000, guess who his attorney was? Kessler won then, and Kensil was pissed.

Can't wait to see what falls out when Kessler shakes Goodell and Kensil's tree over this one. (I mean, it's not like either of them have a chip on their shoulder about the Patriots or Belichick

I'm still willing to let this play out a bit before I'll give up hope they'll all turn this around and show what a sham the League office is

and I still want Wells to turn over all his emails and cellphone records. If he's innocent of not being part of a sham investigation, then he has nothing to hide. Let's see what he and Goodell discussed!

If he has a problem with that then we have proof that he's "probably" guilty and should be fired. :D

It bothers me that one team can simply order up a private, secret investigation against another team, no problem. Like ordering out of the LL Bean catalog.

Oh, and the fact that the team is apparently on double super secret probation for Spygate.

Should we still be worried about the Snowplow Game, or is the team off the hook for that one by now?

Maybe not the worst thing, but I can't stand that it's yet another reason for people to hate each other.
I truly can't stand people that are celebrating this in the name of "integrity" right now.
Yet another line in the sand.

What bothers me is that I have been spending so much of my time and mental energy on this sham of a sports league.

that regardless of what happens moving forward anyone not a patriot fan thinks we cheated. Other fan bases don't really care if there team get caught doing something.

You think chargers fans give a **** if you bring up the stickum? of course not, chargers have not worn jack. They don't care, they are fairweather fans rooting for the closest team to them.

Now i've got the rest of my life to hear "Patriots are cheaters, they deflate footballs" just like spygate. bunch of BS over nothing. goodell has PERMANENTLY damaged the patriot brand.

anything short of a lawsuit from kraft would be a disapointment. we are talking about hundreds of millions in damanges caused by this "impartial" report.

My smug ****face drinking buddies calling us cheaters and saying Brady is a system QB cheater who will never make it in the HOF now. The legacy aspect digs way deeper to me than any suspension or draft picks, feels like I've had a piece of Patriots pride just ripped right out of my chest

Literally dozens of things. First, and foremost, is the double standard that has been consistently applied to the Pats by the league, media and fans of other teams. Its origin is rooted in the jealous realization that if you can't beat 'em on the field, you sabotage them off of it. Second, are the lies about this team that are told and retold so often that the become accepted as undeniable facts, for example, NE taped the Rams' walkthrough. I could go on and on, but a recent one is how shabbily Brady has been treated. I'm sure he's not a saint, but I believe he's a pretty damn good person who doesn't deserve this. I have family members who know him casually and know his sister somewhat better, and they (my family members) are just devastated that he's being crucified and doesn't deserve it. It all just sucks.

What bothers me most is there's no going back. The league has slowly been changing under the current commissioner, but I used to hold out some hope that eventually the product would return to some recognizable form and climate.

Now this is simply not possible. My impression of the league is permanently changed. My interactions with other fanbases have changed forever as well. Personally, I can't enjoy the sport anymore. It is a source of frustration and turmoil that provides too little reward for that investment.

I have watched my last NFL game. And I hate that. I thought breaking up with baseball was a unique thing that happened in my life, but now I have a pattern. This will also prevent me from committing to watch other sports as replacements. ("Fool me once...")

Roger has robbed me of something I've enjoyed my whole life (sports.) And I simply can't get it back. I also don't want to.

No going back. That's what bothers me most. I won't ever be able to see professional sports as anything more than a dog and pony show ever again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News